Club soccer stuff that drive you nuts...

How about this for annoying...belonging to a league (SoCal to be exact) that refuses to reschedule a game even when both teams are in agreement.

We are down 4 players this past 2 weeks due to injury, defection to other clubs and players being held hostage by club directors.

We need more time to address this and the answer is to reschedule, not be forced into a forfeit or playing an 11v11 game with 9 kids.

How about this for annoying...belonging to a league (SoCal to be exact) that refuses to reschedule a game even when both teams are in agreement.

We are down 4 players this past 2 weeks due to injury, defection to other clubs and players being held hostage by club directors.

We need more time to address this and the answer is to reschedule, not be forced into a forfeit or playing an 11v11 game with 9 kids.

Which clubs are holding players hostage?

This complaint falls under misleading recruiting.
I see it a lot! A manager or coach goes on social media recruiting players and lists tournament wins, or in the case that irked me today as 'State Cup Champions'. When you dig a little deeper, you see they won the bronze/flight 3 cups/tournaments. While it's technically true they brought home some hardware, it comes off disingenuous to me. At that level, you're probably not even a top 100 team in your age group..

This complaint falls under misleading recruiting.
I see it a lot! A manager or coach goes on social media recruiting players and lists tournament wins, or in the case that irked me today as 'State Cup Champions'. When you dig a little deeper, you see they won the bronze/flight 3 cups/tournaments. While it's technically true they brought home some hardware, it comes off disingenuous to me. At that level, you're probably not even a top 100 team in your age group..
This season, Norcal Premier asked clubs to state the actual bracket when posting about state cup wins on social media.

Strikers having tryouts at Great park. Making it seem like that's their home field. When in reality, they have to share fields with Liverpool and Pats and everybody else for their practices. And could only use small goals because the field is too cramped.

Strikers having tryouts at Great park. Making it seem like that's their home field. When in reality, they have to share fields with Liverpool and Pats and everybody else for their practices. And could only use small goals because the field is too cramped.
That would be the same for Pats/Liverpool/slammers/west coast/blues as well.

My 2012, twin sons were in a tournament final this weekend. We've run into the opposing teams coach a few times over the past couple seasons, and this guy is always a huge douche bag...like next level douche. Yesterday, when one of our boys went down near his sideline, the coach quietly told him 'you're a flopper like Neymar and you're a terrible soccer player'. The kid broke down in tears after. My son heard him and told him to shut up. Mind you, my son is 9. Coach then got in a verbal confrontation with my boy! Why is this POS talking to our boys?!

My 2012, twin sons were in a tournament final this weekend. We've run into the opposing teams coach a few times over the past couple seasons, and this guy is always a huge douche bag...like next level douche. Yesterday, when one of our boys went down near his sideline, the coach quietly told him 'you're a flopper like Neymar and you're a terrible soccer player'. The kid broke down in tears after. My son heard him and told him to shut up. Mind you, my son is 9. Coach then got in a verbal confrontation with my boy! Why is this POS talking to our boys?!

Because no one calls him out to the community. He is allowed to exist in anonymity, without anyone becoming wise to his behavior. Let us know; what coach, what club, what team. B2012 is way too vague.

My favorite's the parent who talks to the coach before during and after every practice and game. You know, the one who also picks up the coaches bar tab at tournaments and slips a little extra something in with the coaches gift when the seasons over for never taking their kid out of the game.

My favorite's the parent who talks to the coach before during and after every practice and game. You know, the one who also picks up the coaches bar tab at tournaments and slips a little extra something in with the coaches gift when the seasons over for never taking their kid out of the game.
I'm guilty of giving the coaches a couple of $$$'s in a card after the season is over thanking them for working with my kid.

Andy is well known. The club is well aware
I watched his game last year, same coach but I believe the boys are 2013s. The parents and coach yelled at the ref the whole game and followed the ref into the parking lot trying to pick a fight. Real class act, the ref is at least 65 yr old. Parents and coaches are supporting each other. I think the kids will pick up the behavior soon.
I blame the tournament organizer and league officials for allowing this behavior with no punishment. They should at least disqualify them for the final.

Sitting on the wrong side. Uggh.
I think this a dumb rule, written or unwritten.
The only place I shouldn't be allowed to sit/stand is near the bench so the coach can do his job, with no distractions.
If parent is annoying and loud, yelling at their kid's play for 80-90 minutes, I could see it being a problem to the opposing team's parents, BUT, I wouldn't want that parent near me either, no matter who's team his kid plays for.
You are there to watch your child play.
Cheer them when they do well console them if they think they didn't.
It's for them not you.

I watched his game last year, same coach but I believe the boys are 2013s. The parents and coach yelled at the ref the whole game and followed the ref into the parking lot trying to pick a fight. Real class act, the ref is at least 65 yr old. Parents and coaches are supporting each other. I think the kids will pick up the behavior soon.
I blame the tournament organizer and league officials for allowing this behavior with no punishment. They should at least disqualify them for the final.
I dont know this coach personally- but watch a game that their director is the coach of (SN). I think he mostly coaches older boys teams these days. This will show you where the lessons in being a chirping d-bag come from.
But people must like it- this club seems to have grown over the years without having ECNL or similar higher level access.

Back