Club Cost - Refunds

met61

GOLD
Anyones Club stepped up to address the 800lb gorilla in the room - Partial Refund?

At this point, they've provided significantly less service for the $$$$.

We all need a HERO to save us. I give up. Just have the coaches lay off the rest of the year and collect the $600 a week plus what the state gives. Allow the parents a one time soccer donation write off and call it a day.

We all need a HERO to save us. I give up. Just have the coaches lay off the rest of the year and collect the $600 a week plus what the state gives. Allow the parents a one time soccer donation write off and call it a day.

$600 unemployment program has ended

Anyones Club stepped up to address the 800lb gorilla in the room - Partial Refund?

At this point, they've provided significantly less service for the $$$$.
The clubs will milk every penny they can from the families. Do not get your hopes up one bit that they are even thinking about refunding a dime.

$600 unemployment program has ended
True dat. However, the Hero program or something like it is on the table. With all the shut downs looming in certain non essential businesses caused by Corona, they will have some dough for those folks and all youth coaches will get some relief. Most will not get the $600 after July. Bar employees will need some help too.

The clubs will milk every penny they can from the families. Do not get your hopes up one bit that they are even thinking about refunding a dime.
Pay as you go is my advice. 4 camp sessions+4 more camp sessions=keep deposit. Let's see how everyone feels on Monday. For more months before Nov 3rd.

I mentioned this too on another thread, it flipping sucks!

$350 for reg fees, then week later July dues pull out, we have sunk in over $500 in a 10 day period for foot skills in a 10x10 box. How they can charge the same amount for monthly dues when we're getting easily less than half of what we got prior to covid blows my mind. What other service would we ever be ok with this type of return??

$350 for reg fees, then week later July dues pull out, we have sunk in over $500 in a 10 day period for foot skills in a 10x10 box. How they can charge the same amount for monthly dues when we're getting easily less than half of what we got prior to covid blows my mind. What other service would we ever be ok with this type of return??
1593888594977.png

The Clubs know the parents are in fear of the kid being blacklisted, demoted, etc... if a parent speaks up. The clubs rule by the sword!

The Clubs know the parents are in fear of the kid being blacklisted, demoted, etc... if a parent speaks up. The clubs rule by the sword!
Not this dad......lol!!!! Don;t let the virus of fear control you and I do believe good coaches are out there. I'm paying with hopes of a future but not paying for a discount this time around.

I’ve said before that every club is different in terms of their numbers, financial outgoings, the way they structure their operations etc. However, nobody is immune from doing what is right and fair as far as their setup and finances will allow.

We don’t know if there is going to be a fall season and with that in mind, we haven’t asked parents for any club fees. August 1st is our first payment date (originally pushed back from May) and if we get closer to that time and things don’t look any better, that date will again either be pushed back or canceled completely. I don’t expect a pat on the back for saying this because it seems right and fair; our parents will NOT be charged if we are not having a fall season.

For the record, our club has received no government aid or loans.

How we act as individuals and organizations during this time of uncertainty (and financial struggle for many people) really does speak volumes. If $’s are prioritized over trying to do what’s right and fair for families at your club, my personal feeling is that people won’t forget it. Then again, given the nature of club soccer and the way $’s are invariably the driving force for everything, maybe parents will just accept it. Who knows.

I’ve said before that every club is different in terms of their numbers, financial outgoings, the way they structure their operations etc. However, nobody is immune from doing what is right and fair as far as their setup and finances will allow.

We don’t know if there is going to be a fall season and with that in mind, we haven’t asked parents for any club fees. August 1st is our first payment date (originally pushed back from May) and if we get closer to that time and things don’t look any better, that date will again either be pushed back or canceled completely. I don’t expect a pat on the back for saying this because it seems right and fair; our parents will NOT be charged if we are not having a fall season.

How we act as individuals and organizations during this time of uncertainty (and financial struggle for many people) really does speak volumes. If $’s are prioritized over trying to do what’s right and fair for families at your club, my personal feeling is that people won’t forget it. Then again, given the nature of club soccer and the way $’s are invariably the driving force for everything, maybe parents will just accept it. Who knows.
My old business partner told me too many chefs in da kitchen makes for a very troublesome time if the business fails. I told Lew, "were not going to fail bro." Lew said. "Do you know what a cash call is with owners?" I said, "no." He said basically you find out a lot about your partners when business is going to shut down or is failing. Have you guys started any camps? What age? ECNL? BTW, I love what your doing in bold :)

You have room for an 07G offensive midfielder? :)

My old business partner told me too many chefs in da kitchen makes for a very troublesome time if the business fails. I told Lew, "were not going to fail bro." Lew said. "Do you know what a cash call is with owners?" I said, "no." He said basically you find out a lot about your partners when business is going to shut down or is failing. Have you guys started any camps? What age? ECNL? BTW, I love what your doing in bold :)

Great story and spot on btw. :)

Yeah we’ve been doing some small group camps for our players; field space will dictate if we can do any open camps for more kids this summer like we usually do.

FCE, small club in CSL (a few silver teams, some silver elites and gold) so limited options in terms of team offerings.

Thanks for the bold shout; just seems like the right thing to do but I know everyone’s situation is different.

I hope as much as anyone that we have a fall season so let’s stay positive. At this point I’d pay out of my own pocket to be back on the field then! :cool:

Clubs need to figure out plan B if the season ends short or never starts. I have no problem paying coaches to continue to do zoom but it has to be at a significant discount. We cannot continue to play full fees to go back to zoom from August through April? May? What happens if parents break the contract and stop paying altogether? Will the club take parents to small claims court? Will courts even listen to the complaint? They are going to be closed as well.

We all are entering an uncharted territory and clubs can’t think that parents just need to continue to pay full price if we go back to zoom.

Back