Cleaning House

Art

SILVER ELITE
So, has everybody heard of the saying “out with the old, in with the new? Apparently the Calsouth referee department has cleaned the house and numerous positions are vacant that a few mainstays were hogging for a good while. What surprises me is that a few like Randall Reyes was let go and somewhat glad that the head of assessment and assignors were cleared out...

Juan Guzman seems to know how to tackle the referee zoo Calsouth has and get to actual talent and future assets we have in our backyard.

Any rumors or opinions to share on this recent email that came out?

So, has everybody heard of the saying “out with the old, in with the new? Apparently the Calsouth referee department has cleaned the house and numerous positions are vacant that a few mainstays were hogging for a good while. What surprises me is that a few like Randall Reyes was let go and somewhat glad that the head of assessment and assignors were cleared out...

Juan Guzman seems to know how to tackle the referee zoo Calsouth has and get to actual talent and future assets we have in our backyard.

Any rumors or opinions to share on this recent email that came out?

What recent email?

What recent email?
This email.

Cal South Referees,
I am excited to have the opportunity to work for you in this new role as State Referee Administrator (SRA). My commitment is be transparent, honest and fair to all the Referee Associations in Cal South. My mission is to create a clear structure for the whole life span of a referee’s career. This will involve many facets including instruction, assessment, mentorship, assigning, referee development, referee identification and mentor programs. An important piece of the puzzle is the formation of the State Referee Committee (SRC). Available positions at this time are the following:
Director of Instruction
Director of Assessment
Director of Assignments
We are soliciting candidates to fill these positions and are accepting recommendations through Friday, Jan 24, 2020. Please communicate this information to your board and referee body. Candidates may submit their application here or using the link below. Candidates MUST include a resume, two (2) letters of recommendation, and an open letter describing their experience and how they plan to be effective in the referee community. A message regarding this SRC solicitation will also be communicated through Cal South website shortly.
The Cal South State Cup is already underway, and National Cup is around the corner. We will make a few staffing changes and restructuring that will be communicated before the event. In the meantime, I would like to recognize and thank Leo Umana for all the hard work and dedicated service he has contributed to Cal South state tournaments and competitions for the past several years. However, effective immediately, we are moving forward with new staff to assist with game assignments for Cal South State Cup, National Cup and CRL competitions. All assignments sent out previously by Mr. Umana will be honored and respected including CRL and State Cup. Our new direction will include three (3) Cal-South assignors who will administer Cal South event venues. These assignors will be required to assign Referee Associations equitably, fairly and based on performance and merit. Communication and transparency will be the key to a healthy working relationship between our assignors and our Referee Associations. Please help me in welcoming Jesus Cisneros, Fabio Tovar and Andre Wolas as our new Cal-South event assigning coordinators. Andre Wolas will contact each Referee Association shortly with further information.
The California Regional League (CRL) has be assigned to Andre Wolas going forward. Leo Umana has assigned the first two weekend for CRL and those assignments will be honored. Going forward I have implemented a new process in selecting referees for these challenging games. I invite all Referee Associations to please identify one (1) or two (2) upcoming referees in your association who you think will flourish and benefit in these CRL matches to gain experience and receive feedback and mentoring. Information regarding their performance will be relayed and shared with each association. If performances are up to par, they will be used regularly with collaboration of the Referee Associations or the Referee Association can elect to showcase another association member. These referees will be considered for Cal South referee mentor camps, Cal South Finals and Regional events.
Reminder please communicate to all your members all referees, assignors, assessors, and instructors must complete all requirements for 2020 registration.
We are planning to begin many new programs and structure. In addition, we will hold a meeting in the near future for Referee Association Presidents and Assignors which will be announced in the near future. Please feel free to email me about any comment or concern.
We invite everyone to participate, it's an exciting time to be part of Cal South!
Regards,
Juan Guzman
Cal South State Referee Administrator

Back