CIF State Playoffs

#6 Upland beat #1 JSerra in the D1 girls final. Does anyone on here have a recap of the game? I bet Baker was losing his mind.

Recap: JSerra defense kicks ball 50 yards up field to charging forwards. Upland intercepts ball and kicks it back the other way 50 yards. JSerra intercepts and kicks ball back 50 yards to charging forwards. Upland intercepts and kicks ball back. Jserra player wearing hard surface cleats slides on artificial turf. Upland scores. JSerra loses. Baker recruits girl who scored.

I asked a friend if he watched the game vs SM last weekend and I mentioned how ugly it was.
He said Baker’s statement is “save that possession stuff for club soccer.”

Kickball over the midfield sounds exactly like HS Soccer.
Sure is hard on the parents to watch. By senior year parents are far more relaxed watching the crappy soccer. That’s when you realize it’s about the school spirit and playing with their friends.

But why is it so crappy? In So Cal, for the most part, the HS coaches are club soccer coaches. And many of the players have been playing club soccer for many years.
What does it revert to whack and chase?

But why is it so crappy? In So Cal, for the most part, the HS coaches are club soccer coaches. And many of the players have been playing club soccer for many years.
What does it revert to whack and chase?
Have you ever honestly watch a team playing possession against another equally or better skilled team? Me neither. The whole possession thing only works when a team is vastly superior than the other one. Of course there are some exceptions.

I asked a friend if he watched the game vs SM last weekend and I mentioned how ugly it was.
He said Baker’s statement is “save that possession stuff for club soccer.”
It doesn't matter, almost all of those girls will graduate 2019.

Back