CIF Playoffs

Son's team made their first appearance ever in Open Division. They lost in the first round. My son said that it was one of the ugliest games of soccer he had ever participated in with lots of boot ball from both sides. The other team had a player get a red card. The player tried to stop one of our players from returning the ball to the center circle after a goal (it looked like he was going in for a tackle). Another of our players pushed him away, so the opposing player kicked our player. Now he gets to sit out the rest of the playoffs. Smart. It all could have been avoided if the ref would have blown his whistle and issued a yellow or two right after the goal was scored and there was a scuffle in the goal.
My son got to play them last night. We lost on PKs. Their goalie was insanely good last night. He deserved to win and the rest were along for the ride. He had an amazing save on a shot from my son with about minute left that sent it to PKs.

I have seen a lot of club teams that play a very similar style. Heat FC, Downtown SC, Pumas... When kids spend all their time in the DA (short for MLS Next/ECNL) they don't see a lot of that.

Your son's team is a lot better then some of their scores.

Any finals being streamed?

Yes

D1: Loyola at Mira Costa

D3: Salesian Vs Norte Vista

Most of the girls finals are on NFHS but you need subscription.

Wow what a game and night to capture the schools first boys CIF championship ever at home.

After 28 years of teaching match the head coach and his family and all the coaches really taught and motivated the players through it all. The punk rock style might not be for everyone buts works for this group.

Today's regional champions game vs the City section runner up should another good one, let's keep on going to the semis and finals.

Congratulations to the other local team Salesian for the win in D3 and so glad everyone was able to participate this season.

My son got to play them last night. We lost on PKs. Their goalie was insanely good last night. He deserved to win and the rest were along for the ride. He had an amazing save on a shot from my son with about minute left that sent it to PKs.

I have seen a lot of club teams that play a very similar style. Heat FC, Downtown SC, Pumas... When kids spend all their time in the DA (short for MLS Next/ECNL) they don't see a lot of that.

Your son's team is a lot better then some of their scores.
Thanks. I thought the team with the best players by far was St. Augustine. Not sure what happened, but I wonder if it was a coaching issue.

Thanks. I thought the team with the best players by far was St. Augustine. Not sure what happened, but I wonder if it was a coaching issue.
Definitely not a coaching issue. Any other goalie Saints faced this year and the game is 4-1 Saints. That kid is amazing and I love that he plays for FC Heat and not one of the big name clubs. Once the game goes to PKs anyone can win.

It was a good year for Saints with the breakup of the DA. A solid set of seniors that had never played high school before, plus a core of younger players to build on. Of the four players who played as the front three, three of them are 05s. Two freshman and a sophomore. With how much fun they have had this season as a group, I am certain they are all going to keep playing high school, no matter what kind of push back they get from their club coaches.

Congratulations to Buena high girls team on the win against King....even though our run is over it was a heck of a season...

St. Augustine's DII boys advanced beating the number 1 seed last night. Happy to play Valencia tomorrow and not have to drive up to Tulare.

Yikes, even that is a long drive. Kind of crazy to me that they don't have teams meet in the middle on these games when it's SD v. LA. Good luck.

Yikes, even that is a long drive. Kind of crazy to me that they don't have teams meet in the middle on these games when it's SD v. LA. Good luck.
Aliso Niguel was a great host last night. Did it up right. Played the game in the stadium at Great Park. Someone sang the national anthem, they introduced the starting lineups and even pronounced my boy's name right.

Only complaint was when he scored the announcers gave the credit to a different player. They play on the same club team, so the parents had a good laugh.

Aliso Niguel was a great host last night. Did it up right. Played the game in the stadium at Great Park. Someone sang the national anthem, they introduced the starting lineups and even pronounced my boy's name right.

Only complaint was when he scored the announcers gave the credit to a different player. They play on the same club team, so the parents had a good laugh.
2nd goal was an own goal. FYI

Back