CIF Brackets announced.

The comedy of CIF state was placing an open division team in D2. Your in open for a reason. Torrey Pines was rank very high Nationally and got upset- it happens. No open division team should be playing in anything but D1 in the state championships

The comedy of CIF state was placing an open division team in D2. Your in open for a reason. Torrey Pines was rank very high Nationally and got upset- it happens. No open division team should be playing in anything but D1 in the state championships
They played D2 in Sectionals and got beat….not sure what makes it comical.

Why is Torrey Pines playing in the Open division? Why not D1? I really don't know what Open division even is since D1 is the best of the best. If you do well in D1 then you'll get an automatic bid to D1 CIF and D1 Regionals. We made it to semi's of D1 in CIFSS and got an auto bid to D1 Regionals so perhaps try that route.

When the Regional Playoffs were first instituted in 2008, the Regional brackets were based on enrollment. That's not a perfect system to get the most competitive playoffs, but at least it was objective. Now if the Open #8 seed bumps off the #1 seed in the Section playoffs and goes on to win the whole bracket, the Section representative on the seeding committee is obligated to push for #8 to be placed in the Open bracket somewhere. A wider bracket, similar to what is used in other winter sports like basketball, would take more than a week to execute, but it would be less subject to intersectional politics.

Why is Torrey Pines playing in the Open division? Why not D1? I really don't know what Open division even is since D1 is the best of the best. If you do well in D1 then you'll get an automatic bid to D1 CIF and D1 Regionals. We made it to semi's of D1 in CIFSS and got an auto bid to D1 Regionals so perhaps try that route.
Mystery?!?

They played D2 in Sectionals and got beat….not sure what makes it comical.
They played CIF SD section in the open division and lost in the semis I believe. They played the state play in game Vs St Augustine and won. Then somehow we’re assigned D2 state playoffs and rolled to the championship.

they are ranked 12th nationally on max preps.

makes no sense to me

They played CIF SD section in the open division and lost in the semis I believe. They played the state play in game Vs St Augustine and won. Then somehow we’re assigned D2 state playoffs and rolled to the championship.

they are ranked 12th nationally on max preps.

makes no sense to me
Maybe I’m confused. Are we talking Boys or Girls?

I assumed Girls, Where TP won D1 Sectionals but was placed in D2 for Regionals.

Back