CIF 2020-21 Sports Calendars

RU is really strong and fun to watch. Not our team but we will be rooting for them. Crush, I looking forward to hearing your take on the HS teams in playoffs that you know.
I love hearing about how strong teams have become in HSS and how prgrams went from bad to good. I honestly have no idea how good teams are this year in D2. Mater Dei, Capo and Harvard Westlake seem to be the top teams in D1. LBHS has 700 students I think so were always Goliath against the Davids of the world. It's cool. We take on any opponent. Always have always will. When we win, it's big news. When we lose it's, "oh well, they have 3,000 students to choose from in sports. If win and their private school and we upset them, it's even better :)

I’m a HSS newbie…..can anyone tell me how the HOME team is determined in CIF beyond Round 1?
It's described in the CIF Playoff Bulletin https://cifss.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/2021PLAYOFF-BULLETIN.pdf
5. DETERMINATION OF SITES
To decide who shall be the host team AFTER the first round of competition will be the sole responsibility of the Commissioner. In cases where two teams are paired after the first round of the playoffs, the team having the fewest number of host games in playoff competition shall be designated as the host team. When both teams have had an equal number of host playoff contests, the Commissioner shall toss a coin to decide the host team. When a school has been designated as the host school for a playoff contest it shall (1) act in that capacity unless excused by the Commissioner, and (2) be considered the host team regardless of where the game is being played. SPECIAL NOTE: Teams receiving a bye in the first round shall automatically be the host team in the next round of the playoffs. Wild card contests do not count towards the total number of home or away contests.

Thanks all…guess I was selfishly hoping it was highest ranking team in the match up gets home field. Especially when considering some of the nightmare feels conditions some HS’s play on.

Thanks all…guess I was selfishly hoping it was highest ranking team in the match up gets home field. Especially when considering some of the nightmare feels conditions some HS’s play on.
The fact you guys played PV twice and won league, you should have home field all the way to finals, MOO. I will confess I had to pull my dd aside before last years second round match up at home against PV because of their size and how hard they played. We lost 0-2 but she won because she did not get hurt. How did PV look this year bro? I dont get all this coin flip BS unless two road teams won.

We have been lucky. With the exception of Saint Augustine (CIFSD), all of the fields have been nice.
We had one horrible field and a push from behind that caused my dd to turn her ankle. I saw it with my own two eyes too. It was like me going up for an easy lay up in hoops and having someone push me from behind as I'm in the air. It was bush. Automatic Red where I come from, MOO!

The fact you guys played PV twice and won league, you should have home field all the way to finals, MOO. I will confess I had to pull my dd aside before last years second round match up at home against PV because of their size and how hard they played. We lost 0-2 but she won because she did not get hurt. How did PV look this year bro? I dont get all this coin flip BS unless two road teams won.
I don’t have much to say about PV.

I don’t have much to say about PV.
I can appreciate that bro, trust me. I would appreciate a scouting report if we play them in the fianls though. My dd had to play center last year in 2nd round of CIF and tried to pull off a Magic Johnson Rookie upset but they were way too strong for our team. I think they scored on two set pieces.

If it is a PV/LB final please reach out.
I will. That is going to take some, "do you believe in miracles" kind of soccer stuff. I say that with humility. However, soccer is the one sport where you can play super tough defense and give up no goals. Survive OT and win in PK or get a goal on your one and only shot.

Well, we lost in OT with a minute left. First off, South Hills played some good soccer and deserved the win. We almost pulled off the miracle :) Injury bug got our little school :( Sorry Kicker, we tried hard but fell short. It was cool to see all the fans and but tough to lose a game like that. Refs were good and I kept my mouth shut. Our GK was amazing and was the reason we were in OT in the first place. See you all next year.

Santiago, Roosevelt, and King won by combined score of 13-0 in the first round. Big VIII is one of the best divisions. All three teams have multiple scorers and good keepers. If you can't beat them, you can root for them.

Santiago, Roosevelt, and King won by combined score of 13-0 in the first round. Big VIII is one of the best divisions. All three teams have multiple scorers and good keepers. If you can't beat them, you can root for them.
Impressive bro. I love HSS and the passion it brings to the community and the kids. Pure ganas and no kool aid, just local soccer players trying to win for the local school. I will say it reminds me of those "Roller Derby" leagues back in the day sometimes. I super bummed for my dd and her team. Dude, they came so close but fell short. I will say I'm super happy it's all over and I dont have to close my eyes and pray she can get back up. All in all, a great HHS season. Good luck to the rest of the teams making a run :)

Back