CIF 2020-21 Sports Calendars

I was under impression that SD don't have to follow the new guidance anyway?

There CIF section is.

SD let them play is planning on or already did file a contemp of court vs CIF SD and it maybe heard by the court this Wednesday

I was under impression that SD don't have to follow the new guidance anyway?

Well the alternative, if following the local court ruling, is abiding by the professional/college sports teams protocols. Which correct me if I'm wrong, but don't those involve extensive covid testing and other procedures? CIF-SDS put out a press release that they think it would be more expensive and burdensome to abide by the professional teams' procedures, and they prefer the new state guidance.

Well the alternative, if following the local court ruling, is abiding by the professional/college sports teams protocols. Which correct me if I'm wrong, but don't those involve extensive covid testing and other procedures? CIF-SDS put out a press release that they think it would be more expensive and burdensome to abide by the professional teams' procedures, and they prefer the new state guidance.

According to SD let them play CIF SD has agreed to follow the judges orders in San Diego County today, more info to follow.

Games on.

My son's school (in CIF SD) is issuing pads and helmets to the football players on Friday. Soccer starts with an early am practice Friday morning and both teams are training on Saturday.

Game on!

Does anyone know if there is a sit out period for transfers? I thought I read somewhere where they eliminated it for this year

Sit out has NOT been eliminated this year. My kiddo is in the mist of this right now and we are trying to still get all the details since the season one sport (volleyball) hasn't released her yet for soccer which starts tomorrow. So does the sit out start at the beginning of the season or when she is released to soccer.

Sit out has NOT been eliminated this year. My kiddo is in the mist of this right now and we are trying to still get all the details since the season one sport (volleyball) hasn't released her yet for soccer which starts tomorrow. So does the sit out start at the beginning of the season or when she is released to soccer.

April 3rd is the SOP date for B/G soccer for 20-21'

50% of the spring season start, soccer was moved to spring and official start is feb 27th, last contest may 8th.

Well LA county public health came out with a update to reopen youth and adult recreational sports on Friday.

Good news is soccer and football can be played.

The controversial part could be this
"All participants are required to wear an appropriate face mask that covers the nose and the mouth at all Times during practice, conditioning, play and competition, even during heavy exertion as tolerated to protect the safety of all participants.

Exceptions to wearing a face mask are when the face mask maye Become a hazard, when in the water, while eating/drinking, or when engaging in solo physical exertions (such as jogging by oneself , alone).

Participants must wear a face mask at all times when not engaged In practice, conditioning, or in play, including when on the sidelines during competitions. This applies to All adults and to children 2 years of age and older.

Masks with one-way valves must not be used. Onlyi individuals who have been instructed not to wear a mask by their medical provider due to a medical condition mental health condition, or disability that prevents wearing a mask are exempt from wearing One. Participants should take a break from exercise and/or remove their face mask if any difficulty breathing is noted and should change their mask or mask if it becomes wet and sticks to the participant’sa Face and obstructs breathing. Participants must remain physically distanced from others at any time their face mask is temporarily removed. Masks that restrict airflow under heavy exertion (such as N-95 masks)are not advised for exercise.

Another item was noted from our School AD was if
you are playing another sport, you must finish the season with that sport (cross-country or football) first before starting the next one. Another words can't start soccer until 4/18 if your doing football or cross-country or another fall sport.

Well LA county public health came out with a update to reopen youth and adult recreational sports on Friday.

Good news is soccer and football can be played.

The controversial part could be this
"All participants are required to wear an appropriate face mask that covers the nose and the mouth at all Times during practice, conditioning, play and competition, even during heavy exertion as tolerated to protect the safety of all participants.

Exceptions to wearing a face mask are when the face mask maye Become a hazard, when in the water, while eating/drinking, or when engaging in solo physical exertions (such as jogging by oneself , alone).

Participants must wear a face mask at all times when not engaged In practice, conditioning, or in play, including when on the sidelines during competitions. This applies to All adults and to children 2 years of age and older.

Masks with one-way valves must not be used. Onlyi individuals who have been instructed not to wear a mask by their medical provider due to a medical condition mental health condition, or disability that prevents wearing a mask are exempt from wearing One. Participants should take a break from exercise and/or remove their face mask if any difficulty breathing is noted and should change their mask or mask if it becomes wet and sticks to the participant’sa Face and obstructs breathing. Participants must remain physically distanced from others at any time their face mask is temporarily removed. Masks that restrict airflow under heavy exertion (such as N-95 masks)are not advised for exercise.

Another item was noted from our School AD was if
you are playing another sport, you must finish the season with that sport (cross-country or football) first before starting the next one. Another words can't start soccer until 4/18 if your doing football or cross-country or another fall sport.
Good luck playing soccer with a mask on. Pros play with a mask? This is insane!!!

All Socal counties are cleared for outdoor sports yay. Didn't know SLO was still part of the SS.

Rob-Update-3-2-21-1-724x1024.png

All Socal counties are cleared for outdoor sports yay. Didn't know SLO was still part of the SS.

Rob-Update-3-2-21-1-724x1024.png
It's amazing. We play 9 HS games in April and one in May. Sunset League is going to be a battle this year. I hear most of the GDA players are all in this year so it should be game on. We only play League games so this will be pure ganas league. My dd is so excited. I'm grateful no ECNL games until May. I see big problem if my dd team makes CIF and them has two ECNL Sat and Sunday. If push comes to shove, then CIF wins the day. Go High School Soccer!!!

JSerra and Mater Dei playing right now OCGP

Blow out or what?

Anyway so any talk of playoffs or championship's beyond league?

Haven't heard from our school or coaches yet about that but others have been told league only by their coaches and AD. Don't know if that's a school or district choice or CIF-SS?

Blow out or what?

Haven't heard from our school or coaches yet about that but others have been told league only by their coaches and AD. Don't know if that's a school or district choice or CIF-SS?
Since Soccer season starting on time, and it hasn't been said otherwise, playoffs will happen.

We are in SD section and the schedule the coach sent out for our team has playoff dates on it.

We are in SD section and the schedule the coach sent out for our team has playoff dates on it.

There are regional CIF's e.g. you can win a San Diego CIF, but that's where things will end this year. May 28-29 is the SD CIF championship and the last play date. And I think this makes sense.

There are regional CIF's e.g. you can win a San Diego CIF, but that's where things will end this year. May 28-29 is the SD CIF championship and the last play date. And I think this makes sense.

So no state comps this year or Socal regionals? Only sectionals?

SD CIF final 4 for example not playing Southern Section final 4 like last year when Loyola played Torrey pines.

So no state comps this year or Socal regionals? Only sectionals?

SD CIF final 4 for example not playing Southern Section final 4 like last year when Loyola played Torrey pines.

That is correct. Given Man City Cup is over Memorial Day weekend and ECNL tournaments starting back up, it's probably the only realistic way to get non-senior elite club players to play HS.

Back