CIF 2020-21 Sports Calendars

Updates for CIF-SS.

They seem to be going by the weekly Tuesday numbers:

152331567_1944294812376046_1348917131843359640_o.jpg

152640910_1944294815709379_5506189608641067760_o.jpg

I understand Oc high school soccer starts March 2nd. Schools are starting to post their schedules.

Which schools/region? I'm hearing mixed info.
I've seen the following as they are in my area (Orange County):

Servite
Mater Dei
OLU
Brea
El Dorado

You can see them on the school sites or Max Preps

Some start 3/2 and some a week later right now on their websites

Will there be a CIF post season or just league play in the southern section? My DD is a freshman so she's scared to ask and I don't want to be that dad bothering coach...... but I am confused as I have heard mixed reports.......

Will there be a CIF post season or just league play in the southern section? My DD is a freshman so she's scared to ask and I don't want to be that dad bothering coach...... but I am confused as I have heard mixed reports.......

If I had to guess, season will just be moved to spring and post season into late spring/early summer. Or perhaps shortened season. Would be weird to start a season but not do a post season. .

If I had to guess, season will just be moved to spring and post season into late spring/early summer. Or perhaps shortened season. Would be weird to start a season but not do a post season. .

Depends on your league, section, and school.

Our LA county section has planned to start league play late April partly due to that's the end of football. Last league games just before memorial day.

Not sure about the postseason or playoffs going to be tight time wise and some schools graduate early June so have to see how that goes. Our coaches are saying league only and don't count on playoffs but CIF hasn't said one way or the other for spring sports so far.

According to our coaches meeting that was held before this most recent announcement, the answer is yes. Last contest is May 15, playoffs end May 29. Nothing beyond local playoffs meaning the LA teams won't play the SD teams, etc.

The biggest take away for all sports is that the posted end of season deadlines aren't going to change. That should help club planning as they should know most of their players will be done for Memorial Day weekend tournaments and all will be done by the end of that. Remains to be seen how club goes along with this or doesn't. I'd expect first games will be around March 15th.

According to our coaches meeting that was held before this most recent announcement, the answer is yes. Last contest is May 15, playoffs end May 29. Nothing beyond local playoffs meaning the LA teams won't play the SD teams, etc.

The biggest take away for all sports is that the posted end of season deadlines aren't going to change. That should help club planning as they should know most of their players will be done for Memorial Day weekend tournaments and all will be done by the end of that. Remains to be seen how club goes along with this or doesn't. I'd expect first games will be around March 15th.

Things changed after the CDPH 2/19 update, the Southern section is going to have to get creative to have soccer playoffs that include all the counties like before.

Riverside can't play LA, San Bernardino can't play Ventura, Ventura can't play Orange, and there are other combinations that are not viable unless the guidance gets changed and the limitations for tournaments are modified. Local health has some discretion on what cross county competitions they may allow in there jurisdiction also

Same county postseason will be much easier to navigate but not sure CIF-SS wants to go there just yet.

What happens if case rates are all still above 14% on Friday? Looking at the case numbers for San Diego over the last couple of weeks, the numbers were dropping, but now seem to have stabilized. San Diego's case rate as of yesterday is 22.2% (https://sdcounty.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/30b5e0fa2a5f4404b1219d8cd16b2583). I don't think that number has changed much in the last week. I assume what happens is we are all sad, but I am hoping there is another option I have not thought of.

After returning from a tournament in Arizona this weekend, my son proposed the obvious answer for our family. "Can we just move to Arizona?" My wife has already put the kibash on that idea, so we are really hoping for a miracle.

What happens if case rates are all still above 14% on Friday? Looking at the case numbers for San Diego over the last couple of weeks, the numbers were dropping, but now seem to have stabilized. San Diego's case rate as of yesterday is 22.2% (https://sdcounty.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/30b5e0fa2a5f4404b1219d8cd16b2583). I don't think that number has changed much in the last week. I assume what happens is we are all sad, but I am hoping there is another option I have not thought of.

After returning from a tournament in Arizona this weekend, my son proposed the obvious answer for our family. "Can we just move to Arizona?" My wife has already put the kibash on that idea, so we are really hoping for a miracle.

CIF will likely follow the CDPH state guidance closely.

Clubs may give more consideration to court injunctions like the one in San Diego with let them play.

Trying to juggle both HS and club schedules, practices, games, travel protocols, and educational commitments all at same time is a big challenge for those looking to do both.

I live in SD and follow the numbers pretty closely—I’m pretty sure SD County only changes the case rate number once a week, on Tuesday, when the new rate is published by the state. Given that the cases and percent positive has been steadily decreasing, I would be very surprised if the case rate hasn’t gone down, although I don’t know if SD will get under 14 this week. But we will know tomorrow when the state puts out the mew case rates and I would think we would get under 14 in 2 weeks for sure.

CIF-SS football an soccer are fully back starting this Friday in LA and Orange counties. San Bernardino, Ventura, Riverside close so maybe next week for them.

Let's see the kids play, yeah!

153195843_10219494599215955_3103961507261850713_n.jpg

Back