Chances of playing in College

Interesting list

http://www.payscale.com/college-salary-report/bachelors?page=101

So comparing Pepperdine with mid career pay at $104K with Cal State Fullerton at $98K might help you decide if a 75%scholarship at Fullerton might be worth more than a half scholarship at Pepperdine when considering only a 6K difference per year while the cost of the school is 66K compared to 26K. Interesting most of the California State schools are right around 98K, which is more than many out of state Universities(check out the Big 10 - Ohio State, Michigan).

Keep all your options open.

One thing about averages - no one is average.

One thing about averages - no one is average.

May not be exactly the average but the many are around the average; hence the bell curve at 50 percentile....

Its close enough. And statically there will be some exactly on the average too.

Also, I would argue that perhaps cal state schools may be higher than other state school has more to do with working in CA than any other aspect. The wages are higher in CA due to the cost of living here compared to many states. Most grads end up working close to where they attended, since the recruiting is almost always locally focused. Clearly there are exceptions but given tens of thousands of grads each year from CA, how many of those go out of state for employment? Even if 1 out 4 did, that means 3 out of 4 did not; hence, biasing the wage picture.

Last comparing wages at the school level is almost meaningless because its so profession dependent. Additionally, some cal state schools are far better valued than Pepperdine (example). Take Cal Poly engineering or architecture. Its on par with many top schools in the country - private and public. So the comparison over generalizes. Besides, mid-career (10yrs out) wages has more to do with the individual performance than the school they came from.

Last, payscale.com, albeit interesting, should be looked at as a simple reference only. Their trend is meaningful but the details are not, speaking from hiring side of things.....

Love this kind of story. Gives every kid a reason to say "see, they didn't finish college and look where they are..."

According to Forbes this year, there are 1,645 billionaires in the world. The article shows 55 without a college degree. That's 3.3% of the total.

That means that 96.7% do have college degree or equivalent.

Take your odds....

http://fortune.com/2016/08/08/billionaires-no-degree/

Actually a much higher number. 30%. Having said that, I want both my kids going to college. I liked your take on the cost of living and jobs paying more in California, which would apply across the board to University's and Private Schools as well in California.

My main purpose was for people to consider all options when looking at getting financial help through a college scholarship, just as many have mentioned getting both athletic and scholastic financial aid. Saw an interesting article on Brown where they were having trouble competing vs the other Ivy League Schools for people making 60K - 200,000K, which is a bit of a dead zone when it comes to paying for your kids college. Too much money to get aid, not enough to easily afford college.

http://fortune.com/2016/08/08/billionaires-no-degree/

Actually a much higher number. 30%. Having said that, I want both my kids going to college. I liked your take on the cost of living and jobs paying more in California, which would apply across the board to University's and Private Schools as well in California.

My main purpose was for people to consider all options when looking at getting financial help through a college scholarship, just as many have mentioned getting both athletic and scholastic financial aid. Saw an interesting article on Brown where they were having trouble competing vs the other Ivy League Schools for people making 60K - 200,000K, which is a bit of a dead zone when it comes to paying for your kids college. Too much money to get aid, not enough to easily afford college.

And that zone aka the middle class, is where most people fall. I have always said that California public universities are the best deal on the planet (unless of course you can get some awesome deal on an Ivy, Stanford, MIT, Cal Tech or Harvey Mudd!) other than the military academies. If you can get 50% you are talking $13-$15k a year out of pocket and if you get 75% or more it falls to $7k or less. That is a little bit more than club fees. Now if you have a unicorn and get 80%+ then you are talking $5-$6k which is what you pay on a high level club team. The added benefit is you actually get to see your kid play more than a few times a year live. Watching a livestream or a television broadcast is nice but nothing like being able to take your kid to dinner afterwards.

You can get a college degree without an athletic scholarship.I know I did.
Sure you can. You can get scholarships of many kind but since this is a soccer forum oeople tend to post about soccer scholarships.

My daughter's received both athletic and academic and to us it really didn't matter what they wanted to call it. All that mattered was she was getting $$ to go to school and get her degree.

The added benefit is you actually get to see your kid play more than a few times a year live. Watching a livestream or a television broadcast is nice but nothing like being able to take your kid to dinner afterwards.
Mine wants a polar pop from Circle K after every game. Wonder if she will still want that when she gets older. I dad can hope. :D

You can get a college degree without an athletic scholarship.I know I did.
Congratulations, did not know that. Point was the response was to a question about what % would be good...thus my response. Try to follow along.

Sure you can. You can get scholarships of many kind but since this is a soccer forum oeople tend to post about soccer scholarships.

My daughter's received both athletic and academic and to us it really didn't matter what they wanted to call it. All that mattered was she was getting $$ to go to school and get her degree.
I was replying to the post above mine. I'm aware what the forum is and it's uses.

Back