Chances of playing in College

What is your definition of accommodations let's start with that ?
I do not feel that early registration, early housing prefs, or professor preference are accommodations. I think that should be a basic thing that occurs when you have a D1 athlete playing for your institution.
How my curiosity was peaked and my question was not answered by FACT was that he stated the Ivies were making accommodations. I want to know which one he was talking about because every single athlete I have spoken to has stated otherwise hence my curiosity was peaked about the level of accomadations.
Now some people may think that early housing, early reg, afternoon practices with a Panera dinner is accommodating. I don't when juxtaposed against the male athletes at the same school getting any number of extra trainers, recovery, financial management, marketing exposure...you name it.

What is your definition of accommodations let's start with that ?
I do not feel that early registration, early housing prefs, or professor preference are accommodations. I think that should be a basic thing that occurs when you have a D1 athlete playing for your institution.
How my curiosity was peaked and my question was not answered by FACT was that he stated the Ivies were making accommodations. I want to know which one he was talking about because every single athlete I have spoken to has stated otherwise hence my curiosity was peaked about the level of accomadations.
Now some people may think that early housing, early reg, afternoon practices with a Panera dinner is accommodating. I don't when juxtaposed against the male athletes at the same school getting any number of extra trainers, recovery, financial management, marketing exposure...you name it.
Gotcha! Granted I'm the parent of a UMiddle (u15) and still learning.
In my mind, for a women's, non revenue sport,I in no way expect to get the same thing as the football and basketball players. It's just the way it is. So in my young mind I thought the priority housing and registrations and tutoring and all that were accommodations. I'll be honest and say when I'm looking at schools, I'm looking to see if the football or basketball money trickles down so that the women at least have nice facilities. Which is why you look at USC and go "wtf" because every other sport there has a nice ass facility, but soccer is relegated to a field down the street with 4 bleachers. I know they have the money....

Gotcha! Granted I'm the parent of a UMiddle (u15) and still learning.
In my mind, for a women's, non revenue sport,I in no way expect to get the same thing as the football and basketball players. It's just the way it is. So in my young mind I thought the priority housing and registrations and tutoring and all that were accommodations. I'll be honest and say when I'm looking at schools, I'm looking to see if the football or basketball money trickles down so that the women at least have nice facilities. Which is why you look at USC and go "wtf" because every other sport there has a nice ass facility, but soccer is relegated to a field down the street with 4 bleachers. I know they have the money....

I agree if I say zero that's not accurate per se. I was comparing and so that isn't correct. In the schools that I am looking at the soccer players do not have different dorms than others and they are on the same housing plan. Meanwhile the men's sports live in the best apartments on campus lol!
I feel like priority registration of course is an accomadations but I felt like it should happen.
Sorry for my broad brush

To redirect this whole thing for started because Fact felt as if the Ivies were better for making accomadations. I find that extremely promising and so I was happy to hear that.
I have found that the big soccer schools like UWUB and UCLA et all are just over the top! Watch their social media! These girls are having the experience of a lifetime and is preseason! I am just very impressed and I don't see it in the other social media accounts- doesn't mean it's not happening I just don't see it

To redirect this whole thing for started because Fact felt as if the Ivies were better for making accomadations. I find that extremely promising and so I was happy to hear that.
I have found that the big soccer schools like UWUB and UCLA et all are just over the top! Watch their social media! These girls are having the experience of a lifetime and is preseason! I am just very impressed and I don't see it in the other social media accounts- doesn't mean it's not happening I just don't see it

I saw a few smiles today. It's hard not to like those schools.

Lamb chop you seem so angry this morning. If you think I am outing a nice girl who barely passed high school you are incorrect!
As far as zero accommodations I believe that a swag bag and gear doesn't count. They are not given any extra help more so than other people on their same campus.
Want to be snarky? You picked the wrong horse to do that with as I have a lot of experience with this.
I am quite serious. If you state something like that please be specific. There will be plenty of families who want to know, especially if given the opportunity between a couple of schools.
Lamb chop you seem so angry this morning. If you think I am outing a nice girl who barely passed high school you are incorrect!
As far as zero accommodations I believe that a swag bag and gear doesn't count. They are not given any extra help more so than other people on their same campus.
Want to be snarky? You picked the wrong horse to do that with as I have a lot of experience with this.

Most students keep their GPA's private. Schools do not release that information for minors. Was your daughter in classes with her? Or did she tell you personally?

No it's not- it's reality.
Don't like the truth don't follow me.
Grades matter to me and my family- they don't always to a school and some of you are delusional if you think they do.
Additionally life isn't fair- so it's cute that some of you think that all Ivies and top schools want a good GPA but let's get real here.
If I posted her name or school or any identifying factor it would be BS but I didn't so spare me your crap

I am quite serious. If you state something like that please be specific. There will be plenty of families who want to know, especially if given the opportunity between a couple of schools.

Most students keep their GPA's private. Schools do not release that information for minors. Was your daughter in classes with her? Or did she tell you personally?
If I told you I would not expose it. I won't.
If you have any questions then I am sure once you go for an ID visit or meet with admission counselors it will become obvious. Now you know what questions to ask.

Grades matter to me and my family- they don't always to a school and some of you are delusional if you think they do.
Additionally life isn't fair- so it's cute that some of you think that all Ivies and top schools want a good GPA but let's get real here.
If I posted her name or school or any identifying factor it would be BS but I didn't so spare me your crap
It's still chicken shit.

I saw a few smiles today. It's hard not to like those schools.

Make up and hair done ! OH MY they looked like movie stars. Did you see SD video- laughing :) love that ones spirit. Seems to me like all of them do a very fine job of balancing a great education with athletics and social life. Very special group.

Grades matter more at some schools then others. Do your homework to find out, especially if your kid is looking at the school. Not all schools look at weighted GPA's so if your kid knows the schools that they want to attend find out.

Quick note: At one of the major soccer power schools for women out east they are in danger of losing their field. Why? Because they are a much bigger football program and they are looking to build a new fooltball stadium and the soccer pitch is a prime location. Let's face it, football brings in the money.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2017/08/05/i-faked-being-black-to-get-into-med-school.cnn

Life isn't fair see the video.

Your right. Real life doesn't care about GPA's.

The worst student who graduates medical school is still a doctor when all is said and done.

If your wanted by a school for athletics for any sport they will find a way if you meet the minimum criteria.
Yep... but what's the minimum criteria? Also, some schools will be able to offer your kid more if they have a better GPA.

Yep... but what's the minimum criteria? Also, some schools will be able to offer your kid more if they have a better GPA.
The better you academic record the less athletic money he/ she has to give you as your kid will qualify for academic money. I don't think we will ever know the minimum for sure.

You are correct, I know a player who did not get admitted into Stanford and Stanford's GPA to be admitted as a women's soccer student athlete is a 3.50. She then committed to Harvard a couple months later and is on their roster now. So, she didn't get into Stanford with < a 3.50 GPA, but was admitted to Harvard.

Your right. Real life doesn't care about GPA's.

The worst student who graduates medical school is still a doctor when all is said and done.

If your wanted by a school for athletics for any sport they will find a way if you meet the minimum criteria.
They maybe be a Doctor on paper after graduating from medical school, but can't practice until they pass the board!

Back