Champions League Results/Discussion

Day 1 2005 Champions League Analysis: Southwest Division teams went 3-2-1 for the day with wins for Surf, HB Koge, and Beach. The favorites according to the Upper90rankings.com SRS score's for each team went 15-7, with 6 of 7 favorites that lost predicted to have less than a 1 goal advantage. The only true upset of the day was #56 Florida Krush over #12 MVLA 4-2, where MVLA was a 1.8 goal favorite. The only #1 seed to not win was # 10 Solar SC who tied #18 NC Courage 3.3, with Solar being less than a goal favorite, Group F truly is the toughest group for the 05's. Looking forward to Day 2!! Check out upper90rankings.com for the full bracket. 05bracket.png

Day 1 2006 Champions League Analysis: Similar to the 05's, the favorites according to the SRS score went 15-6, with 4 of the 6 favorites that lost predicted to have less than a 1 goal advantage. Biggest upset of the day happened in the rain in the morning with #44 Tampa Bay beating #7 Colorado Rapids 2-1. Second Big upset of the day was #8 MVLA losing to #36 Slammers, 6-3. Not a great day for MVLA 05 and 06's losing. One game was not reported, SLSG vs. Washington Premier. Let's hope for more sunshine tomorrow, looking forward to the 07, 08, and 09 CL games kicking off!
06bracket.png

Day 1 2006 Champions League Analysis: Similar to the 05's, the favorites according to the SRS score went 15-6, with 4 of the 6 favorites that lost predicted to have less than a 1 goal advantage. Biggest upset of the day happened in the rain in the morning with #44 Tampa Bay beating #7 Colorado Rapids 2-1. Second Big upset of the day was #8 MVLA losing to #36 Slammers, 6-3. Not a great day for MVLA 05 and 06's losing. One game was not reported, SLSG vs. Washington Premier. Let's hope for more sunshine tomorrow, looking forward to the 07, 08, and 09 CL games kicking off!
View attachment 13985
Keep up the great work!

U17 Analysis: 3 Socal teams move onto the round of 16 Monday, Surf, HB Koge, and Beach, with Surf and Koge winning their brackets and Beach earning a wildcard. SRS Score predicted 12 of the 16 U17 Champions League quarterfinalists! Overall the rankings predicted 42 of the 66 games, with 18 of the 22 “upsets" having less than a goal predicted goal differential. Richmond the only 4 seed to advance, ranked #33 and won Bracket Group H with a win against #40 Kings Hammer.

The round of sixteen has two top 5 teams matching up, #1 Surf vs. #3 Real Colorado, and #2 Beach playing #5 World Class. Only 1 of the 8 games has a predicted goal differential of more than 1, Solar vs. Penn Fusion with Solar predicted to win by 1.3 goals.

05Bracket.png

U16 CL Analysis: 3 Socal teams move onto the round of 16 Monday, #13 Surf, #9 HB Koge, and #24 Blues, with Surf and Koge winning their brackets and Blues earning a wildcard. Texas gets two teams in #1 Solar and #3 FC Dallas. 44/66 games predicted and 14 of the 22 “upsets” had less than a goal predicted goal differential. Similar to the 05s, the Upper90 rankings predicted 12 of the 16 in the round of 16.

One top 10 matchup in the round of 16 with #9 HB Koge facing #10 Eclipse, 3 games with ~2 goal predicted goal differential.
06ro16.png

U16 CL Analysis: 3 Socal teams move onto the round of 16 Monday, #13 Surf, #9 HB Koge, and #24 Blues, with Surf and Koge winning their brackets and Blues earning a wildcard. Texas gets two teams in #1 Solar and #3 FC Dallas. 44/66 games predicted and 14 of the 22 “upsets” had less than a goal predicted goal differential. Similar to the 05s, the Upper90 rankings predicted 12 of the 16 in the round of 16.

One top 10 matchup in the round of 16 with #9 HB Koge facing #10 Eclipse, 3 games with ~2 goal predicted goal differential.
View attachment 14028
Based upon your table, it looks like Slammers also won their bracket, making 4 teams from SoCal advancing to Round if 16?

wh
Day 1 2005 Champions League Analysis: Southwest Division teams went 3-2-1 for the day with wins for Surf, HB Koge, and Beach. The favorites according to the Upper90rankings.com SRS score's for each team went 15-7, with 6 of 7 favorites that lost predicted to have less than a 1 goal advantage. The only true upset of the day was #56 Florida Krush over #12 MVLA 4-2, where MVLA was a 1.8 goal favorite. The only #1 seed to not win was # 10 Solar SC who tied #18 NC Courage 3.3, with Solar being less than a goal favorite, Group F truly is the toughest group for the 05's. Looking forward to Day 2!! Check out upper90rankings.com for the full bracket. View attachment 13983
what are you doing with your life? spend some time doing things that actually matter in life like spending time with your daughter LOL

A
wh

what are you doing with your life? spend some time doing things that actually matter in life like spending time with your daughter LOL
Appreciate the feedback! With two daughters here in Seattle, have had plenty of time to explore UW, amazing campus and soccer field on the lake, toured SeattleU, beautiful campus and underrated Div1 program. Visited Bain ridge island, pike place, and even got some fly fishing in. Good luck to all the socal girls today!! And I was able to do all this because the backend of upper90rankings.com is all automated. Adding GA, DPL, and boys over the summer.

A

Appreciate the feedback! With two daughters here in Seattle, have had plenty of time to explore UW, amazing campus and soccer field on the lake, toured SeattleU, beautiful campus and underrated Div1 program. Visited Bain ridge island, pike place, and even got some fly fishing in. Good luck to all the socal girls today!! And I was able to do all this because the backend of upper90rankings.com is all automated. Adding GA, DPL, and boys over the summer.
Are you guys playing at Five Points? I took my family up there in 2017 for Far West Regionals and we won it all and earned a trip to Texas the following week where her team won the National Championship. I think it was the last Socal Team to win it all? By the way, great job and thank you for putting the time in to break down the facts. Slammers is kicking ass is now the #1 club, moo. Scoreboard is scoreboard. My dd knows many on the older teams and we can;t be more proud of them. Good luck to all the Socal teams and please bring back the Cup where it rightfully belongs, in Socal :)

A

imagine calculating the results of every girls team and each age. LOL. somebody takes youth soccer too seriously

imagine calculating the results of every girls team and each age. LOL. somebody takes youth soccer too seriously
Imagine, a coaches nightmare, while coaches sell sunshine & rainbows, someone else is putting an empirical model in place that measures them relative to their peers. There's no reason he can't build this up and create a business out of it with a nice little revenue stream for himself. Youth soccer is a business after all, with parents spending billions annually on it.

Imagine, a coaches nightmare, while coaches sell sunshine & rainbows, someone else is putting an empirical model in place that measures them relative to their peers. There's no reason he can't build this up and create a business out of it with a nice little revenue stream for himself. Youth soccer is a business after all, with parents spending billions annually on it.
Part time side hustle and he's done a very nice job. Looks clean and sharp and nothing to debate. His numbers look legit. I would offer a team discount for access to the top 25 in each age group. Some one needs to make a Champions League Tournament and allow a GA or a DPL or a AYSO Select team upset ECNL team. MLS LA Galaxy just got spanked by USL. That's why I like soccer.

Part time side hustle and he's done a very nice job. Looks clean and sharp and nothing to debate. His numbers look legit. I would offer a team discount for access to the top 25 in each age group. Some one needs to make a Champions League Tournament and allow a GA or a DPL or a AYSO Select team upset ECNL team. MLS LA Galaxy just got spanked by USL. That's why I like soccer.
thought you left and were done with this forum?

thought you left and were done with this forum?
Well Jim, if you thought I was done after four years of telling everyone I'm leaving, the joke is on you.....lol! I'm really only addressing three men on here and they know who they are. I have addiction to this place and the PMs got out of control. This crush is way better and as each day comes, I become a better version of myself. I will keep my post light hearted and few. Each day for me is getting better and I like to put my two cents in and my best pal is going to VA. and I feel I want to honor that and leave the right way.

We all know the ECNL is scared to step up to the other leagues. They love the superioriy myth.

he is just a parent. A parent that will make no money from such a stupid invention . LOL

Back