Cancel games 10/12 & 10/13

Curious how the games in the Northern San Fernando Valley were.

Ours was cancelled but the field was pretty close to the fires

I am always amazed by the number of coward parents out there that always seem to want everyone else to bend to their beliefs. Look, if it's raining, snowing, too hot, too cold OR there happens to be a fire and you don't feel your kid should have to play, have the guts and the decency to just stay home and live our your beliefs.

Reality, is that you will cry that it is wrong, unfair or dangerous for the kids, but you will do it if everyone else is doing it. If you want to stay home, stay home!
Damn right el clásico!’ I mean, it’s just so important to play every weekend because scoreboards are the most important thing for ulittle soccer! You know your child will be pissed off 5 years from now because he/she didn’t play when it was smelling like ashes in the air. We are building soldiers that need to suck it up even if their lungs are full of ashes!! Pathetic!

Damn right el clásico!’ I mean, it’s just so important to play every weekend because scoreboards are the most important thing for ulittle soccer! You know your child will be pissed off 5 years from now because he/she didn’t play when it was smelling like ashes in the air. We are building soldiers that need to suck it up even if their lungs are full of ashes!! Pathetic!
Blame the leagues, not the parents. I saw kids come off sick, kids taking a knee, teams with not enough subs, refs who wouldn't give water breaks. Parents do what they're told. Leagues give direction.

We played in Santa Clarita Sunday at 1:35. Just a touch of smoke smell, barely noticeable, not too hot, didn't see one kid have any issues on either team. U15 girls.

CSL cancelled 03 girls game in Granada Hills on Sunday...we were glad because DD has been fighting a chest cold and we would probably have held her out anyway

Well for csl I guess it’s important to finish at the top of the brackets to keep advancing but imo it’s not worth the health hazard. Being about 1 mile from the fires last week I can say that all over the sfv you could smell smoke and you did not want to be outside last weekend. Especially playing soccer and taking deep breaths of charcoal is no good. The point system should also take into consideration the number of games played. For us personally did not matter since our team is sitting nicely in 2nd place but for others I can see where there can be an argument

Well for csl I guess it’s important to finish at the top of the brackets to keep advancing but imo it’s not worth the health hazard. Being about 1 mile from the fires last week I can say that all over the sfv you could smell smoke and you did not want to be outside last weekend. Especially playing soccer and taking deep breaths of charcoal is no good. The point system should also take into consideration the number of games played. For us personally did not matter since our team is sitting nicely in 2nd place but for others I can see where there can be an argument
ECNL uses that point system you are talking about and I for one like it.

ECNL uses that point system you are talking about and I for one like it.

Different though. In that in ECNL each team will play the same number of games so total points and average points makes no difference and the league uses both.....ppg is only really used for mid-season standings. In SCDSL it is common for cancelled games to not be made up so it is more important to go by PPG (and teams can get unlucky by playing harder/easier schedule than opponents).

SCDSL really does suck. If wish Coast had a bigger presence in Orange County.
League Cup in Coast is so much better than the janky playoffs that SCDSL throws together.

If your team is actually having trouble finding good games, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

You are 7-0-0 with a +35 goal differential.

Even with missed games, you're probably no worse than second.

If you aren't dominating, why sweat it? You still get good games either way.

That said, at the top it is better to rank teams by number of losses instead of number of wins. It tends to be more accurate at guessing year end standings.

Unless the league can re-schedule a game or put it at the end of season so everyone gets credit for an equal number of games, which as we know most leagues can't change venues or do re-schedules. Teams come from the Valley all the time to play where there's no fire danger. Why should they be penalized with a cancelled game and everyone else in their bracket plays?
Our SCDSL game was canceled and re-scheduled for the end of the season.

Glad to be wrong. Used to have showcase games for youngers and now season keeps getting shorter. Cool that yours was rescheduled.
I think they have a date or two set aside for postponements. I suspect if another bunch of games were to get fire / rained out, they wouldn't have room to reschedule.

We were just scheduled for a cancelled game on one of the off days before the end of the season.

Right call to cancel and happy we get to play the game (barring the next “event”)

Back