Can we have helpful information please, not silly squabbles

Sam small

BRONZE
I joined this forum to try and find information for my children on club teams - they are just coming out of AYSO.

One of the challenges my husband and I faced in recreational soccer was the busy-body mentalities of some parents and the petty political squabbling. We had hoped to leave that all behind when looking at club teams so I joined this forum.....

Unfortunately, this seems even worse - so many nice people adding information, giving updates and advertising their clubs, but then I see this little internet troll "jrcaeser" with paranoid conspiracy theories and taking shots at other people on this site.

Jrcaeser, you are all that is wrong with SoCal sports. I do not know what your agenda is, but it is not my agenda - please let me make up my own mind. I live in Irvine, but to be totally honest, you mean comments made me want to drive to HB just to support the coach you decided to troll - grow up!

Sam, could not agree more. I joined today from SD to help my 14 year old find a new club....horrified by the petty mindedness of "jrcaeser". However, I thought most of the other content was really good, thank you socalsoccerforum, great job. Just don't let people like jrcaeser ruin this.

I joined this forum to try and find information for my children on club teams - they are just coming out of AYSO.

One of the challenges my husband and I faced in recreational soccer was the busy-body mentalities of some parents and the petty political squabbling. We had hoped to leave that all behind when looking at club teams so I joined this forum.....

Unfortunately, this seems even worse - so many nice people adding information, giving updates and advertising their clubs, but then I see this little internet troll "jrcaeser" with paranoid conspiracy theories and taking shots at other people on this site.

Jrcaeser, you are all that is wrong with SoCal sports. I do not know what your agenda is, but it is not my agenda - please let me make up my own mind. I live in Irvine, but to be totally honest, you mean comments made me want to drive to HB just to support the coach you decided to troll - grow up!
A good strategy is to keep your head down and read through the old posts, you will learn plenty and you won't get far by calling out other posters, believe me on that. You will find pretty quick who you like and who you don't. Unless of course you like the give and take of conflict, then have at it.

Appreciate the comments sheriff Joe, I too was super disapointed to see the trolling that jrcaeser was doing to someone who was just posting about his club.

Calling out an individual is not the way to reduce silly squabbles. Just saying.

You can also use the ignore feature located with in your profile page.

Lots of brand new people here - welcome! Coaches and clubs use this board to inform parents and some do a good job at it. Others aren't transparent and give information that can easily mislead people. And then parents coming from AYSO looking for information think they are signing up for one thing (maybe because high school coaches are involved? that's not always a good thing.) and end up switching clubs (or quitting altogether) after a season. There's plenty of good information - including fees - on this board if people do a little searching. Good luck.

What makes you think CLUB is not recreational?

To the OP: this is a pretty good board, but if the rules were that personal attacks, and foolish troll-type questions to questions, baiting, etc. were consistently prohibited and enforced, it would be a great resource. Of the 2600 members, there are less than 10 trolls, that everyone here knows, and they post just to get reaction and inflame people. If they were consistently banned, this board would have 5 times the membership, and the issues you complain of would not exist.

And I don't mean that there shouldn't be uncomfortable, frank conversations with disagreements. Political Correctness is antithetical to free speech. Its just the tone of the discourse (and the trolls) that turn so many people off.

Back