Cal State Prep Academy National Showcase Teams So Cal program

circle-cropped_480x480.png

Cal State Prep Academy National Showcase Teams program was created to allow young west coast soccers players the true abilty to obtain national exposure. CSPA National Showcase Program consists of Boys and Girls U19 and U16 Teams. These elite-level teams will compete in the best showcases throughout the Midwest, South and East Coast. Events that we will participate in consist of the IMG showcase (FL) and the Dallas Cup (TX), plus other top 10 showcases.
Cal State Prep Academy National Showcase Teams are also committed to giving the youth soccer player the most complete college and professional-like experience possible. While attending selected Top 10 National Showcases our teams will be traveling together, from leaving the West Coast by flight, to chartered transportation, residing and building lifelong friendships with each other.
Our National Showcase Teams will truly be an experience that will provide for lifelong memories along with the plus of gaining unprecedented exposure throughout the nation.
CSPA National Showcase Team tryouts will take place in the following regions of California, Nor-Cal, So-Cal (LA), So-Cal (SD), Sac Region, Central Cal and Central Coast. As an UPSL Academy a players participation In the CSPA National Showcase Teams program will not effect their current USSF club involvement and is meant to be an elite exspoure and competition suppliment. From these tryouts, roster spots will be filled. Any soccer player born 2003 - 2008 may try out.
Please use the link below for more information and to register for tryouts dates:
https://calstateprep.org/pages/ccal-state-prep-academy-national-showcase-teams

Try-out Dates, Times and Locations are as follows:

Saturday, December 4th - Bay Area Try-out: Crocker Amazon Soccer Fields, San Francisco 6pm-9pm

Sunday, December 5th - Sacramento Area Try-out: Stone Creek Soccer Complex, Rancho Cordova 3pm-6pm

Saturday, December 11th - LA Area Try-out: Orange County Great Park, Irvine 3pm-6pm

Sunday, December 12th - San Diego Area Try-out: 4S Ranch Sports Park, San Diego 3pm-6pm

Saturday, December 18th - Central Coast Try-out: Location/Time TBA

Sunday, December 19th - Central California Try-out: Rafer Johnson Soccer Field. Kingsburg 3pm-6pm

Age Specific Times will be sent to registered players

ATTN: CAL STATE PREP IS PROUD TO ANNOUNCE OUR NEW SO CAL PARTNERSHIPS W/ UC SAN DIEGO AND GOL SOCCER COMPLEX!

National Showcase Teams U19/18 and U16 Boys and Girls So-Cal Region tryouts will now be held at our respective Partners Venues:

Saturday, December 11th,
Los Angeles Area Try-out:
GOL Soccer Complex, North Hollywood,
6pm-9pm

Sunday, December 12th,
San Diego Area Try-out:
UC San Diego Campus, San Diego
3pm-6pm

Cal State Prep Academy thanks our So-Cal and all our partners for their support!

For more info on any CAL STATE PREP ACADEMY PROGRAM and/or register for CSPA NATIONAL SHOWCASE TEAMS TRYOUTS please visit calstateprep.org
Space is limited, please register today assure your opportunity!

Wow - a truly elite program that goes to tournaments!
Insert loud guffaws here.
Thanks for your comments “toucan”. To understand what we are doing I would hope you would do some research. Please have a look at our program in a whole, cost comparison, coaching staff w/ collegiate experience and many other facts. Look at the Major Showcases from the Midwest to East Coast, very little California teams other then the most elite few. Why only them? Should there not be a pathway for others to play and be seen over there, other then the “so called” elite few? In our opinion, the answer is Yes there should be. Again as when developing our Non-profit, exposure for those that have a hard time finding it is our main goal, thus the development of this as one of our Programs. We are here to answer all questions. Thanks and all the best!

I tried to do some research:
  • Background.
    • The first thing I noticed is the cost. $2,750 for training, a uniform set, and the "chance" to make your first team. No games or travel are included with that. I cannot even imagine what you charge for tournament fees, coaching fees at tournaments, travel chaperone services ... etc ... Doesn't sound like a good financial investment to me. All in, I'll bet it costs every family up to about $10,000 per year.
    • It looks like you are centered in Dinuba, CA. That is about halfway between Fresno and Visalia. Your website does not say where your training facilities are. For $2,750 per year, they better be good.
    • Since your name is "Cal State Prep Academy," and you claim to have tax-deductible status, I checked with the CA secretary of State. No corporation is listed under this name. Why can't I verify your corporate status?
    • I checked out the people who run the program. I ran searches on Steven Vargas, Alex Rodela and Fernando Vargas. The only thing I could find is an association with the "Little Eagles" youth soccer program in Dinuba. I am sure there is more, but I cannot find it. Not much of a resume for the high level of soccer you claim to train. I checked out the facebook page for the program. It looks like you have only been posting since about October. I could be wrong on that. But it sounds like you are a group of a few people who have an idea and a new program, but little experience. You can shed some light on that.
  • I have some questions that you might want to answer if you are going to advertise here and want our money.
    • How long has your company been in business?
    • Who are the actual principals, and what is their soccer and business provenance?
    • How many "teams" have you put together like this?
    • What tournaments did they actually play in? What level?
    • How did they do in the tournaments?
    • Where can we verify the results?
    • How many kids have gotten into college as a direct result of your program? How can we verify?
  • What "team" are these players actually going to play on? Sounds like you just want to put a bunch of kids in the same uniforms and put them on the field. When is your "team" going to practice and where? How many practices? How do you expect them to practice when you are recruiting from the top to the bottom of the State of California?

Hello again “toucan”, I have attached a pic from California’s Sec. of State site in regards to our organizations Non Profit status which shows that the organization does have the right to conduct itself as a Non-profit. Also, I don’t mind that it has my info, I guess it’s proof though. Thank you for taking the time but guess you just weren’t able to find it, right?

I also ask you please review our website, a lot of your information is incorrect or misleading. Cost you have mentioned are regarding a completely different program, our full-day Academy - 8 month program. Also, I think if you dig enough you will find what successes and at what levels our staff’s pedigree was obtained.

Our National Showcase Team program is a new concept, in no way has anyone in our organization implied any different. But by no means are any of our staff new to this game. Also, thank you for named 3 of our 4 Directors, the other being Vic Matias. Google us please, you will find more info then you have offered everyone. But please you did forget our BOD and volunteers that contribute enormously to our Organization.

For fun I just googled myself with the ending word “soccer”, first 10+ results came up of myself. A couple thrown in of my oldest boy, Jr. but google knows a lot, lol.

Our organization is plainly offering an opportunity at very reasonable cost (actually below true cost due to sponsorships) to those that find is useful. Those cost have been included in prior post. So Redundant, very. Interested players and families have contacted us off this forum so that tells us our program and premise is needed. When all attend Surf, Vegas and a few other elite level showcases here on our coast, trying to differentiate yourself is difficult.

Please Research Kingsburg High School Signing Days the past 3-4 years, excluding this year due to my involvement now with CSPA. Think you can find on Facebook. There I was even able to help SPED students achieve 4 year athletic scholarships. Which prior to my being on campus was unheard of and even had to convince a few educators it was possible. Being on campus their our athletes signing to 4 years jumped from two or three a year in all sports to now over 10 a year from a community of just over 12,000. Those are most of my personal current successes, can’t take credit for all, but most I personally guided thru the recruitment process including my own daughter who is on athletic scholarship at Arizona Christian Univ. Then our local Boys JC, that just won the Best Jr. College Soccer League in the State and just knocked off prior undefeated Foothill in the playoffs. Just continuing to earn our respect for the Central Valley. We also had a lot to do in comprising that roster before starting our Academy with myself coming to CSPA from that staff. Our entire group have taken pride in that, changing lives in our Central California smaller communities. Now we take it to a bigger level, the right way.

I’m sure if you ever been across the Mississippi for an Elite Level showcase you have seen that California teams draw huge coaching crowds, with the right promotion. Not to mention the MLS, Collegiate and other Professional staff we know personally from our entire nation and throughout the world that will come to watch and scout our teams. A few of which give us very high regards on our website in relation to our program and our staffs character. I feel you are selling our group short when we have done so much already for young and will continue too do so!

Thanks again, please give me a call anytime if you would like at 559-381-9481, would love to talk. Think you might start supporting if you do.View attachment 12122View attachment 12122

Yes thanks again “toucan” for what is now an opinion piece, mostly. With a couple jabs there, lol, but hey still your opinion. As I do respect your opinion, I respectfully disagree with your cookie cutter position.
Dealt with many of those before, for those that have seen and are part of the whole picture it’s a little different. And when I say whole picture, I mean all walks of life.
“All players of the level will be seen.”
That is an Overwhelming false statement.
You really keep selling our knowledge and proving your’s short. Somewhat like you are speaking to unknowledgeable parents.
When most have experienced, show up at the elite tryout, child is better then the other, but other families child makes team. That is one of the many conversations I am having with many SoCal players and families rn.
Then to downplay scholarship amounts and benefits to cost. Typical again. When a family and player is guided correctly, with everyone’s best interest involved that doesn’t happen. How many athletic full rides are giving out that don’t include academic scholarships? The answer is very few! It’s a cruel recruitment world w/out sincere help.
Also, if you want to say “throwing a shirt” on a group of players. You have very little knowledge of the elite youth soccer community. Even though this is a new program and concept for our organization, in no means is it an unproven concept. There are actually So-cal groups doing similar at very outrageous cost. I wonder why? Also, we’re not here to blast on others, so no names, but just maybe you know who I’m talking about . May I say probably even involved.
Either way, our back and forth is allowing a lot of families to truly see intentions, ask about costs and benefits. So again thank you for your skepticism. We appreciate the opportunity to provide help to whomever is needing.
Hope you and yours have a great Thanksgiving and I’m still willing to speak if you would like.

Again, thanks for your concerns. Again, that is your opinion. Speaking on others competency when you have no clue also is what it is. Other families and players are appreciating the knowledge and information when they get in contact. Then speaking on resumes, I could throw mine out there too (law professional, educator, non-profit director), but that plus other information can be found on our website, calstateprep.org.
Ill leave it at that. For those that feel that our organization and this program can help them, we will serve them. Help them in all ways we can on top of what the National Showcase Team program offers.
That's all and is truly the bottom line.

Back