Cal South, phases 0 through 2, permits, and 2021

I work in a hospital I’ve seen people in their 20s gasping for air, It brings a shiver down my spine when I think of it. The philosophy it will never happen to me is not a good one. Until it happens to you this is all fake news of course. Be smart take care of your loved ones if not yourself. Stay positive and use technology to socialize. This cannot last forever but if it does at least we lowered the spike and buy sometime.
Thank you for sharing this. Nobody ever thinks that bad things will happen to them until they do. When you work in a hospital, you learn that the answer to “why me?” is “why not?”

I accept that we all must assume increased risks with COVID-19. My hope is that the risks for everyone will be outweighed by true benefits.

Thank you again for sharing this.

Thank you for sharing this. Nobody ever thinks that bad things will happen to them until they do. When you work in a hospital, you learn that the answer to “why me?” is “why not?”

I accept that we all must assume increased risks with COVID-19. My hope is that the risks for everyone will be outweighed by true benefits.

Thank you again for sharing this.
What are you even talking about? Where the heck have you been the last four months? Wow Dummy, I'm speechless. You got me on this topic.

Nobody is stopping families from setting up their own arrangements for soccer training. I know of one local coach that has a track record of helping girls play high level D1 soccer who has regular training sessions. I go my community park with my soccer kids to get fresh air, and I watch them train as if there is no COVID-19. Go do your thing. God bless you. I want no part of it for my family.

My wife and I also go to work and see the impact that COVID-19 is having in the community and in the hospital. It is getting worse every day. It is getting worse every day.

We are not taking our kids to non-essential club soccer group activities. We are avoiding you because we do not want to catch the disease or give your family the disease through club soccer training. Importantly, my situation is likely not that different from yours except that I have access to PPE to care for patients, and I assume that everyone is COVID-19 positive.

This is not a theoretical problem. The pandemic is real, and my hope is that we can all work together to salvage as much as possible of the life that we knew before.

If you need to come here to vent, fine. If you really don’t see what is happening, try to get a different perspective so you can see more.

This disease is going to spread until herd immunity is achieved. The only question is, how fast? The difference between fast and slow is the difference between a plane crashing and a plane landing.

All this talk about “outdoor activity” and “kicking the ball around” doesn’t square with our experience with youth soccer. My kids love to be close to their teammates on the sidelines between drills. If my kid wasn’t in your kid’s face for 90-minutes during games, especially on corner kicks, we would be talking about it on the ride home.

Not every family is the same. If your family really needs this to avoid household violence, please find it. Not everyone can go to a vacation home to surf or cycle.

If you have a choice but just don’t want to accept the new reality, you will regret seeing me in the hospital - not because you are seeing me but because I am seeing you.

Best of luck to all. Please be kind and safe.
There is no way to reliably socially distance or implement health protocols for kids, whether its sports or education. Kids aren't wired that way. Since about two weeks after the lockdown every kid I know was actively hanging out with other kids, it might be a very deliberate finite group of kids determined by their parents, but they are hanging out nonetheless. In terms of Covid it's realistically an all or nothing proposition for kids and house arrest will cause far more issues for just about every kid than for the few that contract Covid. The best things we can reliably do is to temp check kids which can be effectively managed by an adult. To expect kids to keep a mask on properly, stay 6 feet away, not touch anyone, not share items and to cover coughs and sneezes is wholly unrealistic. Teachers can barely control kids talking in class and coaches certainly aren't any more successful controlling behavior, although they do have the bigger hammer of playing time. To expect teachers or coaches to effectively manage kids compliance with Covid restrictions is impossible and totally unrealistic.

Dummy your posts are sincere and well intentioned, so my intent is not to debate you, just discuss, but are you seeing many kids in the hospital and ICU from Covid? Are you seeing a lot of adults that acquired the virus from kids?

Best of luck to you and your wife in what I assume are high risk jobs.

Nobody is stopping families from setting up their own arrangements for soccer training. I know of one local coach that has a track record of helping girls play high level D1 soccer who has regular training sessions. I go my community park with my soccer kids to get fresh air, and I watch them train as if there is no COVID-19. Go do your thing. God bless you. I want no part of it for my family.

My wife and I also go to work and see the impact that COVID-19 is having in the community and in the hospital. It is getting worse every day. It is getting worse every day.

We are not taking our kids to non-essential club soccer group activities. We are avoiding you because we do not want to catch the disease or give your family the disease through club soccer training. Importantly, my situation is likely not that different from yours except that I have access to PPE to care for patients, and I assume that everyone is COVID-19 positive.

This is not a theoretical problem. The pandemic is real, and my hope is that we can all work together to salvage as much as possible of the life that we knew before.

If you need to come here to vent, fine. If you really don’t see what is happening, try to get a different perspective so you can see more.

This disease is going to spread until herd immunity is achieved. The only question is, how fast? The difference between fast and slow is the difference between a plane crashing and a plane landing.

All this talk about “outdoor activity” and “kicking the ball around” doesn’t square with our experience with youth soccer. My kids love to be close to their teammates on the sidelines between drills. If my kid wasn’t in your kid’s face for 90-minutes during games, especially on corner kicks, we would be talking about it on the ride home.

Not every family is the same. If your family really needs this to avoid household violence, please find it. Not everyone can go to a vacation home to surf or cycle.

If you have a choice but just don’t want to accept the new reality, you will regret seeing me in the hospital - not because you are seeing me but because I am seeing you.

Best of luck to all. Please be kind and safe.
So why are you posting here then. Go hide under your bed so you don't catch the "disease"

I could be your medical assistant, contract tracer, respiratory tech, environmental services cleaner, food services server, hospital cafeteria worker, biomedical equipment technician, security guard, doctor, nurse, hospital administrator or any number of other people who are seeing see how things are changing from day to say during this pandemic. It really doesn’t matter which one because we are all seeing different parts of the same thing.

I wish you well. I understand your frustration. I want you to feel safe expressing your thoughts here. I want to be able to express my own so I can share what I am seeing for whatever it’s worth.

I wish we would have crushed the curve in America, but that isn’t what happened. Hopefully, we can pull together now to do better for all our sakes.

Good luck to you and everyone.
Is this a guessing game? I'm just a dad trying to help my 19 year old WHO got sent home during Spring Semester from SDSU. I also have 16 year old girl that I'm super proud of and is actually having a lot of fun. My wife is amazing and is never sick. I can tell you with 100% certainty Dummy, that whatever you do at the hospital, you will NEVER make a round for any of us because were gasping for our last breath because one of us is dying from this horrible virus from Wuhan U. I know two people who got it early. So far, no brain damage yet but I will keep and eye on them as well.

Conceptually there is almost too much truth in the "article" for it to be satire.

So many people just doing what they want. I guess it's like they are shooting themselves in the foot, or cutting off their nose to spite their face. If only, if only people had truly sucked it up and complied, but oh no, "I don't want my freedom impinged upon". Now look where we are heading. Definitely the "Me generation"!
And the country would be ruined, but that has been the plan for years.

Back