Cal South Minutes

At least being transparent about the scenario inspired trust in the organization. Hiding it now just makes everyone suspicious.

At least being transparent about the scenario inspired trust in the organization. Hiding it now just makes everyone suspicious.
I don't think those minutes inspired any kind of trust in the organization whatsoever.

I don't think those minutes inspired any kind of trust in the organization whatsoever.
They lost my trust years ago when the Board met in an executive session and without explanation decided to violate their own constitution and bylaws to replace the Board President who had resigned after his job re-assigned him from Palmdale to Washington DC.

They lost my trust years ago when the Board met in an executive session and without explanation decided to violate their own constitution and bylaws to replace the Board President who had resigned after his job re-assigned him from Palmdale to Washington DC.

I'm not sure I understand. Did he resign or was he replaced?

I'm not sure I understand. Did he resign or was he replaced?
He resigned in good standing because his employer (FAA) had relocated him. Under the organization's constitution, by-laws, and established practices, the elected Vice President should have been recognized as President. Instead, the Board went into an executive session for which no records were made public except the result -- one of the District Commissioners (also a member of the Board ex officio) had been installed as President instead.

Chapter 2 -- at the next Annual Meeting, the former Vice President was elected in a landslide over usurping President. (And to add a final twist, the former President, the one who had resigned to move to DC, was appointed by the Board as its Chief Executive after he retired from the FAA).

He resigned in good standing because his employer (FAA) had relocated him. Under the organization's constitution, by-laws, and established practices, the elected Vice President should have been recognized as President. Instead, the Board went into an executive session for which no records were made public except the result -- one of the District Commissioners (also a member of the Board ex officio) had been installed as President instead.

Chapter 2 -- at the next Annual Meeting, the former Vice President was elected in a landslide over usurping President. (And to add a final twist, the former President, the one who had resigned to move to DC, was appointed by the Board as its Chief Executive after he retired from the FAA).
I wish I could remember the names of all those Presidents, but I left them out because I didn't want to get any wrong. The Cal South website used to have a list of all past Presidents, but that is no longer found there. I do remember Ray Horspool, who was President when my sons started playing competitive soccer (1998), and who personally answered an email I had sent asking about the San Bernardino soccer complex.

Last edited:
The January minutes where 1/4 of a page. The March minutes are 12 pages long. It was only a matter of time before they removed them. They are severally damaging at best and catastrophic at worst. Good thing they were easily downloaded for historical reference ;)

Word on the street has it that TF has been placed on administrative leave.

Can you please share?

It is pretty irrelevant what happens to them at this point....there's not much left there. Teams will just have to go to SoCal or start a new league to compete with SoCal and then take advantage when SoCal gets too big and arrogant and loses its customer focus and loses all its teams to ECRL2 or GA Ocho ...... and then it starts all over again
Corporate America in a nutshell...

Back