CA County by County Covid-19 Key Metrics: Rate of CV-19 Spread over Time and Hospitalizations as % of Total Care Capacity

Well, Cup'o9 figures only 5 mil. got the Vid.
He bases that on "confirmed" tests that may or may not be 50% reliable in a population where most people have never been tested, with a virus that is well known to be asymptomatic in a large percentage of those exposed.
Messy seems to be just as clueless.
In this regard, I would consider it relevant.
I agree with you, we should have had these answers a long time ago. Testing, testing, testing, where have I heard that before?

AZ risk level is looking better than CA right now. Both are improving. If we believe the current R calculation, AZ will widen the gap in the near future. The one that confuses me is TX (not shown on the risk level). The risk level has improved and hospitalizations are decreasing. However, R has stayed abvove 1 for weeks. Maybe it has to do with the data collection issues I saw. Also, R for HI is very high.

1597159768025.png
1597160015667.png

AZ risk level is looking better than CA right now. Both are improving. If we believe the current R calculation, AZ will widen the gap in the near future. The one that confuses me is TX (not shown on the risk level). The risk level has improved and hospitalizations are decreasing. However, R has stayed abvove 1 for weeks. Maybe it has to do with the data collection issues I saw. Also, R for HI is very high.

View attachment 8574
View attachment 8575
You can't look at our numbers yet. While they have fixed the problem, they are bleeding in the 300k cases in backlog over the next couple of days. That is going to through the percentages and other calculations out of whack. Notice we had 2 resurrections today in OC.

1597182661468.png

You can't look at our numbers yet. While they have fixed the problem, they are bleeding in the 300k cases in backlog over the next couple of days. That is going to through the percentages and other calculations out of whack. Notice we had 2 resurrections today in OC.

View attachment 8590
Interesting that they are under reporting cases by such a massive amount, makes the mortality rate look even better if we factor these I, no?

How are the Hospitalization numbers looking?

Interesting that they are under reporting cases by such a massive amount, makes the mortality rate look even better if we factor these I, no?

How are the Hospitalization numbers looking?
Hospitalizations are slowly improving but as of today that is hard to tell too because 300 beds are not included in the count. So we can't count on case count or hospitalizations today. I figure we will let the dust settle and look at it next week but the hospital administrators are reporting they are seeing a decline too. Good news I think!

Hospitalizations are slowly improving but as of today that is hard to tell too because 300 beds are not included in the count. So we can't count on case count or hospitalizations today. I figure we will let the dust settle and look at it next week but the hospital administrators are reporting they are seeing a decline too. Good news I think!
300 out of how many?

Hospitalizations in LA - 92% reporting

View attachment 8597
That is almost 2,000 beds not reported. What I have surmised though I am not 100% positive, the daily change percentage calculations do not exclude from the denominator total licensed beds of those NOT reporting so it can really distort the daily change calculation. It used to only be on weekends that 100% of hospitals didn't report and now it is during the week too.

That is almost 2,000 beds not reported. What I have surmised though I am not 100% positive, the daily change percentage calculations do not exclude from the denominator total licensed beds of those NOT reporting so it can really distort the daily change calculation. It used to only be on weekends that 100% of hospitals didn't report and now it is during the week too.
Based on the coverage map, there could be hospitals that don’t have anything to report.

Based on the coverage map, there could be hospitals that don’t have anything to report.
True....I would venture to say it is the hospitals that do have something to report that didn't do the counts/reconciliations themselves for the day because if they had nothing to report, then it would be easy to report the numbers.

paytoplay

SILVER
Reported coronavirus deaths yesterday:
• France: 0
• United Kingdom: 0
• Canada: 4
• Germany: 6
• Italy: 6
• United States: 1,450

Desert Hound

PREMIER
Reported coronavirus deaths yesterday:
• France: 0
• United Kingdom: 0
• Canada: 4
• Germany: 6
• Italy: 6
• United States: 1,450
Lets compare similar populations and deaths.

Spain, Italy, Germany, France, UK, Italy, Sweden.
155,926 deaths
Combined population: 334 million

USA
168,430 deaths
Population 331 million

155,926 deaths

USA
168,430 deaths
Population 331 million
The post to which you responded included the word "yesterday". Do you need Izzy to help you with the math for that?

And you cleverly threw in Sweden as if no one would notice.

Desert Hound

PREMIER
The post to which you responded included the word "yesterday". Do you need Izzy to help you with the math for that?

And you cleverly threw in Sweden as if no one would notice.
What was clever about including Sweden? I could have included Belgium or the Netherlands which have similar populations but more deaths.

I included the major countries in Europe plus a small one to add up to a similar population to the US.

When you do that you find that Europe has not faired much better vs the US during this time.

What you find people doing all the time is comparing just Germany to the US or just the UK to the US. To have a more realistic comparison compare similar populations. When you do that you find not much difference.

What was clever about including Sweden? I could have included Belgium or the Netherlands which have similar populations but more deaths.

I included the major countries in Europe plus a small one to add up to a similar population to the US.

When you do that you find that Europe has not faired much better vs the US during this time.

What you find people doing all the time is comparing just Germany to the US or just the UK to the US. To have a more realistic comparison compare similar populations. When you do that you find not much difference.
Why did you omit yesterday?

Hey numbers guy ((compliment btw)), I want you to know you're smarter than the others and especially Espy. I;m watching closely. That's why I bet you because I want to beat the best :) How many of Europe's deaths were in nursing homes? US is over half and we also counted motor cycle deaths.

155,926 deaths

USA
168,430 deaths
Population 331 million
So we are well ahead and pulling way, way ahead?
And we are the USA?