CA County by County Covid-19 Key Metrics: Rate of CV-19 Spread over Time and Hospitalizations as % of Total Care Capacity

Now that's how you handle an outbreak. No shutdown, no masks, schools open, sports open, hugging allowed, bars & restaurants open, no trillions of $$$ wasted.

And you can't point to any positives about Obama. LMAO!

YOU RECEIVED A WARNING

DOMINIC
I agree.
We would have been better off with no shutdown.
The first two weeks as a precaution I could live with. The rest of the statist authoritarian control is completely unnecessary.
Trillions wasted.
Millions of jobs lost.
Countless thousands of businesses destroyed.

Why would you warn Dumbinic?

Grace T.

PREMIER
Who is arguing that masks alone prevent outbreaks? That's your straw man, and you've been dancing with him for weeks now. By now, I'd think you'd be done with him.

The argument is that masks reduce the probability of transmission. Even your quoted articles say that much.
That’s not totally intellectually honest. Certainly you understand the distinction (because you are a thinker) but I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard “if only people would wear their fing masks this would all be over in x weeks”. Some masks do reduce the probability of transmission. On a macro level though there’s not much evidence they have a whole lot of impact.

Copa9

GOLD
H1N1 infected 60 million. How many do you really believe a much more contagious CV-19 has infected this year?
Tests are 50-50 at best.
Its already burned through most of the country.
Thats why the numbers are coming down.
Really? "Burned" through the country, 350,000,000 Americans, 5,000,000 infected.

dad4

PREMIER
That’s not totally intellectually honest. Certainly you understand the distinction (because you are a thinker) but I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard “if only people would wear their fing masks this would all be over in x weeks”. Some masks do reduce the probability of transmission. On a macro level though there’s not much evidence they have a whole lot of impact.
Not much evidence, other than the 54% reduction in transmission from the article you cited.

You are whining mostly, and your concluding statement is incorrect.

Grace T.

PREMIER
Not much evidence, other than the 54% reduction in transmission from the article you cited.
From the telegraph? Yeah but the same article cites some contra. But here's the thing, the 54% asssumes correct usage and a certain type of mask (and how many people have you seen with the chin strap or take it off to talk or not use it properly). Then I was looking over some data from San Diego earlier this week (no....I don't have it at my finger tips...you'll have to believe me or not [don't care]). From the contact tracing data they've gathered in San Diego County, a little more than 20% could be accounted for by community spread. 15% were out of area (supposedly mostly cross border). But an overwhelming 50% could be accounted for by residential transmission....someone you live with whether a family member, roommate, dorm resident, or elder care home. So that 54% needs to be reduced by improper usage, needs to be reduced by people going to house parties (where they aren't using masks to hang with their buddies), needs to be reduced by home spread.

Again, from places where mask mandates have been put in place, there might very well be mitigation...but we don't really know how much and it's very clear it's not enough to stop outbreaks.

p.s. if we really believed in a mask mandate and wanted that mask mandate to be effective there would be 2 things we should do: 1. impose a minimum standard for mask, and 2. require all men to shave and make it illegal to appear with facial hair in public.

From the telegraph? Yeah but the same article cites some contra. But here's the thing, the 54% asssumes correct usage and a certain type of mask (and how many people have you seen with the chin strap or take it off to talk or not use it properly). Then I was looking over some data from San Diego earlier this week (no....I don't have it at my finger tips...you'll have to believe me or not [don't care]). From the contact tracing data they've gathered in San Diego County, a little more than 20% could be accounted for by community spread. 15% were out of area (supposedly mostly cross border). But an overwhelming 50% could be accounted for by residential transmission....someone you live with whether a family member, roommate, dorm resident, or elder care home. So that 54% needs to be reduced by improper usage, needs to be reduced by people going to house parties (where they aren't using masks to hang with their buddies), needs to be reduced by home spread.

Again, from places where mask mandates have been put in place, there might very well be mitigation...but we don't really know how much and it's very clear it's not enough to stop outbreaks.

p.s. if we really believed in a mask mandate and wanted that mask mandate to be effective there would be 2 things we should do: 1. impose a minimum standard for mask, and 2. require all men to shave and make it illegal to appear with facial hair in public.

What about women with beards?
1596996520891.png

Somewhere between 7 and 20 thousand died.
Completely irrelevant to my point, however.
My point was that if 60 million were infected by a less contagious h1n1, how many do you think have already been infected by the more highly contagious cv-19?
So you actually, unintentionally, made a much more important point about how our nation’s leadership reacted to two different pandemics to prevent death.
Well done.

Why is that relevant? Everyone can see how poor your knowledge and conclusions have been on this topic.
Well, Cup'o9 figures only 5 mil. got the Vid.
He bases that on "confirmed" tests that may or may not be 50% reliable in a population where most people have never been tested, with a virus that is well known to be asymptomatic in a large percentage of those exposed.
Messy seems to be just as clueless.
In this regard, I would consider it relevant.

Well, Cup'o9 figures only 5 mil. got the Vid.
He bases that on "confirmed" tests that may or may not be 50% reliable in a population where most people have never been tested, with a virus that is well known to be asymptomatic in a large percentage of those exposed.
Messy seems to be just as clueless.
In this regard, I would consider it relevant.
Looks like good reasons to wear a mask when out in public.