Building out from the back --

the above is good example of all the various things that go into decisions and setups....analysis is tough without all the data...but for sure that slide tackle was "not smart"....

I have access to a series of photos of my son escaping from a UCLA last defender's slide tackle to score a goal in OT, but I can' figure out how to post it without breaking the photographer's copyright.

Simply put, for years PHS boys program has been a Poway Vaqueros good old boy system...Vaqueros is a low level poorly managed / coached club... hence, PHS boys program basically plays poor soccer.

The head coach of PHS was a club coach for a time with Vaqueros, but when he started as Head Coach (promoted up from JV coach) he worked for Scripps Ranch Soccer Club and for the last several years he has been working for SDSC (the merger result a few years back of RB, PQ, and Pegasus clubs).

The head coach of PHS was a club coach for a time with Vaqueros, but when he started as Head Coach (promoted up from JV coach) he worked for Scripps Ranch Soccer Club and for the last several years he has been working for SDSC (the merger result a few years back of RB, PQ, and Pegasus clubs).
Check your facts because they're wrong. PHS head coach moved to SDSC within the last year...year and a half. PHS boys coaching staff has been Vaqueros for quite some time.

Check your source, they're misleading you...unless you're the head coach, then you're deliberately misleading.

Check your facts because they're wrong. PHS head coach moved to SDSC within the last year...year and a half. PHS boys coaching staff has been Vaqueros for quite some time.

Check your source, they're misleading you...unless you're the head coach, then you're deliberately misleading.

My source is me, and I'm not the head coach.

Sure, OK. How many "several" years ago did the head coach depart Vaqueros for SDSC? Better yet, what year/season?

Here is a picture of the coach with one of his SDSC teams - in 2014.

9JMSwWQi6GZvQq__ZNgK0-F7ylVnbt2Rfn7oAnBhct_gDzvecN2UQgHAX3my4gJj1OyBYrWO_ETg8GJ1GF8z2Mz-EEL1sIRSAeYY-rTek3hsW_V7wEU_7Wq45L4UyBj8OElXTtcw

Here is a picture of the coach with one of his SDSC teams - in 2014.

9JMSwWQi6GZvQq__ZNgK0-F7ylVnbt2Rfn7oAnBhct_gDzvecN2UQgHAX3my4gJj1OyBYrWO_ETg8GJ1GF8z2Mz-EEL1sIRSAeYY-rTek3hsW_V7wEU_7Wq45L4UyBj8OElXTtcw
I find it strange that you provided another misleading non-answer...not sure why you continue to mislead or why I continue to care, other than I must be spot-on with my assessment... although, I guess I can understand downplaying Vaqueros on ones resume.

Since you're struggling to answer with facts and truth, allow me to set the record straight...the head coach departed Vaqueros for SDSC last March 2019 and picked up one team, a boys leftover non-selected 8th team...imagine your kids HS Varsity coach being an 8th team club coach.

I think I'll stand by my assessment that things haven't changed over the years...PHS boys program is still a Vaqueros good old boy system that is a poorly coached kickball team.

I find it strange that you provided another misleading non-answer...not sure why you continue to mislead or why I continue to care, other than I must be spot-on with my assessment... although, I guess I can understand downplaying Vaqueros on ones resume.

Since you're struggling to answer with facts and truth, allow me to set the record straight...the head coach departed Vaqueros for SDSC last March 2019 and picked up one team, a boys leftover non-selected 8th team...imagine your kids HS Varsity coach being an 8th team club coach.

I think I'll stand by my assessment that things haven't changed over the years...PHS boys program is still a Vaqueros good old boy system that is a poorly coached kickball team.

2014 is as far back as I could go on his FB timeline, so it is at least that far back.

I was on the BOD of the Poway until 2010 when my kids had aged out of the program, but still followed the club as my older son was coaching some Vaqueros teams in that timeframe (roughly between 2010 to 2016) and he was the Freshman coach at PHS for 8 years, and I volunteered with the PHS program running the scoreboard and clock through the 2015-2016 season, and my younger son's college roommate's mother was President of the RB club when she managed the big mergers to become SDSC.

So I think I know what I am talking about here.

2014 is as far back as I could go on his FB timeline, so it is at least that far back.

I was on the BOD of the Poway until 2010 when my kids had aged out of the program, but still followed the club as my older son was coaching some Vaqueros teams in that timeframe (roughly between 2010 to 2016) and he was the Freshman coach at PHS for 8 years, and I volunteered with the PHS program running the scoreboard and clock through the 2015-2016 season, and my younger son's college roommate's mother was President of the RB club when she managed the big mergers to become SDSC.

So I think I know what I am talking about here.
Did he depart Vaqueros for SDSC March 2019?

If you are looking for A-licensed, 1st team, DA level coaches at the high school level - You'll be very disappointed.
Practice or games 5x per week (during the day when a normal job would typically require you to be present). The pay is only about $5k for the year. (Which includes summer league, 6th period "soccer class" and all of the extra curricular things that happen in high school sports).
You'll find 1 of 3 types of people as a head coach in high school soccer:
1. The math or gym teacher who doesn't know much about soccer, but the school needed someone
2. The local club coach who loves the game. But also knows that coaching at the HS will bring more players to his club program.
3. A retired player or club coach who wants to stay involved in the game. But is sick of the Club soccer BS that goes on and is coaching to stay involved.

If you are looking for A-licensed, 1st team, DA level coaches at the high school level - You'll be very disappointed.
Practice or games 5x per week (during the day when a normal job would typically require you to be present). The pay is only about $5k for the year. (Which includes summer league, 6th period "soccer class" and all of the extra curricular things that happen in high school sports).
1. The math or gym teacher who doesn't know much about soccer, but the school needed someone
2. The local club coach who loves the game. But also knows that coaching at the HS will bring more players to his club program.
3. A retired player or club coach who wants to stay involved in the game. But is sick of the Club soccer BS that goes on and is coaching to stay involved.

I get your point here but it's worth mentioning that I've asked quite a few coaches over the year who teach great soccer but simply can't afford the expense of the higher licenses and/or the time off work to take them....best one my kid's had was when they were tiny and he had his D or E license only (I forget which one)...

I get your point here but it's worth mentioning that I've asked quite a few coaches over the year who teach great soccer but simply can't afford the expense of the higher licenses and/or the time off work to take them....best one my kid's had was when they were tiny and he had his D or E license only (I forget which one)...
Oh there are plenty of great coaches without the higher license levels. My comment was more towards the post saying that the hs coach was coaching the 8th team at a club.

Not looking for anything from HS soccer...just addressing the shortcomings of this particular HS program.

BTW, not sure who you surround yourself with, but I don't know anyone who expects A-Lic DA coaches at HS level...this was a rather foolish statement.

Oh there are plenty of great coaches without the higher license levels. My comment was more towards the post saying that the hs coach was coaching the 8th team at a club.
More nonsense...as if there isn't competence and quality levels between DA and 8th team coaches.

Did he depart Vaqueros for SDSC March 2019?

It is possible that he still had a Vaqueros team while he was coaching with SDSC, but if he did, I know nothing about it.

Perhaps you are thinking of a different coach? JV? Freshman? I don't know who those are this year.

It is possible that he still had a Vaqueros team while he was coaching with SDSC, but if he did, I know nothing about it.

Perhaps you are thinking of a different coach? JV? Freshman? I don't know who those are this year.
So you don't know what you're talking about.

Back