Blues U18/19

pewpew

SILVER ELITE
Is this team really made up of only 04/05s? Was this Dido's team at LAPFC/Surf and he took them all with him? Why would they have girls this young competing in the oldest age group? What happens next year when the U17s move up? Will this group get recycled back down to a proper age bracket? My G03 asked me where _____ was because she hadn't seen her at Friday sessions/semi-private I guess you could say. I told her I'd poke around and take a look. I knew she was on a DA team. Just didn't know it was this one. Bet those Pasadena area parents are loving that drive to OCGP instead of La Canada HS.

Is this team really made up of only 04/05s? Was this Dido's team at LAPFC/Surf and he took them all with him? Why would they have girls this young competing in the oldest age group? What happens next year when the U17s move up? Will this group get recycled back down to a proper age bracket? My G03 asked me where _____ was because she hadn't seen her at Friday sessions/semi-private I guess you could say. I told her I'd poke around and take a look. I knew she was on a DA team. Just didn't know it was this one. Bet those Pasadena area parents are loving that drive to OCGP instead of La Canada HS.
Yes 14+ year olds are playing 19 year olds. The speed is not toughest part it's those 50/50 balls (size and strength). My guess/forcast is I can see FC Golden State get academy for girls next year and they fit right in. Just a hunch.

With the huge % of dirtbag coaches, if your DD finds one she likes and is playing top level.....be it DA or ECNL....then I'd say it's worth the extra hour drive a couple days a week (traffic is v bad heading out of the city in the evening but on other days they are doing more local from what I was told) Good luck to Dido and his group....looking at the results they certainly played closer 2004 DA games last year than the current LAPFC/LA Surf 2004 team, so I'm sure they'll hang in there and develop fine at Under18/19 where many girls are a bit checked out when compared to prior years like Under17 and younger.......

Looking at the DA website, this is Dido's full LAPFC DA team from last year. All 2004's except one of their two GK's is 2005. There was a thread back in July about Dido joining FC Golden State/SC Blues: http://www.socalsoccer.com/threads/coach-dido.17629/ Seems likely that practices are at an FC Golden State location rather than OCGP.

Also, I don't know anything about these particular players, but it is possible to compete at U18/U19 as a younger player. The leading scorer for the 1st place Real So Cal U18/U19 DA team last season was a 2004. She had 25 goals.

Yes 14+ year olds are playing 19 year olds. The speed is not toughest part it's those 50/50 balls (size and strength). My guess/forcast is I can see FC Golden State get academy for girls next year and they fit right in. Just a hunch.
The majority of the 18/19 age group are 17, some turning 18 during the year and a few that are 16 . Very, very few that are 19.

Basically sophomores vs seniors...
I guess when you put it that way it doesn't sound as bad vs 04/05 vs 01/02.
And I hope for all those families that they are keeping the training somewhere close to where they used to train. That'd be a serious grind for some of those families.

Looking at the DA website, this is Dido's full LAPFC DA team from last year. All 2004's except one of their two GK's is 2005. There was a thread back in July about Dido joining FC Golden State/SC Blues: http://www.socalsoccer.com/threads/coach-dido.17629/ Seems likely that practices are at an FC Golden State location rather than OCGP.

Also, I don't know anything about these particular players, but it is possible to compete at U18/U19 as a younger player. The leading scorer for the 1st place Real So Cal U18/U19 DA team last season was a 2004. She had 25 goals.
That Real So Cal player is special. I doubt the Blues team has players like her.

Back