Blues Cup 2019

...born 8/13/2019....unless your admitting to putting on yet another troll avatar, how do you qualify to tell anyone what “their thing” is?
...self appointed arbiter of qualifications I presume?

Well, then I'll self appoint as arbiter of...go pound sand!

What is each players organic team ranked?
I only know a few of the players. Their teams are ranked 44 and 284 nationally.

Wouldn’t this be ranking Slammers Fc PA 09
Team twice? 5/6 goat players are from that team.

From my understanding the ineffective players are from southbay who are ranked #16 so them
Being ranked twice wouldn’t really matter. LOL

A lot to address this morning.

You deleted your thread because it did not fit in your view. And it’s the third thread you have deleted. How did I lie. I didn’t. You still don’t like a truth that goes beyond your scope.

I deleted that thread for multiple reasons. I deleted the other threads because I admit I have gone a bit overboard about things that don't really matter. Yes, I disagree with the majority and that is fine. I crossed a line when "shaming" the parents. Your truth and my truth are different. We agree to disagree, and that's also fine.

MicPapa -
1. "organic teams" - you mean the ones kids have to try out for while they still have 3 months left with their previous team, and then parents have to pay a lot of money to be a part of? If Coach finds someone better and willing to pay next season, they can cut 9 year old girls? Still sounds organic to you?
Yes, that's how it's worked for years now and how it works in almost every other club sport.
2. Are the players on GOATS good or bad players? You think they can't make it on a good enough team to win at this "elite" tournament but then go on to say that they don't include less marginal players. If all they care about is winning a tournament and they're good enough to get on an elite team, why didn't they just leave their loser teams and move on to one of the more serious "elite" teams that match their quality?
That's the whole point of what we call "stacking the deck". Creating a team in Combo with the #1 team in order to "have fun" shoes a motive to win. Entering Blues Cup also shows a motive. Smart parents keep their kids with the coaches who motivate them regardless of wins.
3. "Goofy" uniforms & "Clowning" around - fast forward 10 years from now and you will wish that your DD was doing more of this on the soccer pitch when she was 9. They'll never get to be 9/10 again, let them be Goofing and Clowning around while playing soccer and meeting new people.
I have no issue here. The intent is the girls have fun.
4. "mockery to serious organic teams and degrades tournament credibility" - the seriousness and formality of club teams & tournaments for 9/10 year old girls' soccer was created by some unscrupulous DOCs (not all DOCs) to convince people like you that soccer for 9/10 year olds shouldn't be fun but a "serious and prestigious" in order for parents to pay thousands of dollars for club soccer when AYSO is only a few hundred a year.
Correct, so how about you respect other PPs by keeping GOATS to summer tournaments. If it wasn't fun in the first place, none of our daughters' would be playing. If our DDs weren't serious about playing competitively, we would be at AYSO.
You say the GOATs did it for the parents, but did you ever turn to your kid and ask if they would enjoy doing that, especially without a Coach screaming at them or fear that they would be pulled out for making mistakes?
A lot to debate here, I asked my daughter what she thought if we combined a couple 3v3 teams that we know. Her response was, "That would be cheating, wouldn't it?" I also asked my daughter what her favorite part of the sport is other than playing it. She said traveling and staying overnight for tournaments.

Take a picture of your post, read it in 5 years. You'll realize the absurdity of it all.
I agree, it's all absurd. From the money spent to kids specializing at such an early age.

Bottom line, out of the debate I raised, my opinion and others that agree with me, are the minority in SoCal. I was just curious as to how people felt. I posted my opinion before I knew the history which was my ignorance.

If you really want the girls to have fun and want to play against the best, below are some links of good tournaments that have teams similar to GOATS FC.

3v3 Live National Championship
https://www.3v3live.com/finals

Youth Soccer's Most Beautiful Tournament (San Sebastion, Spain) IMO with many teams like GOATS from the US, Spain, Portugal and France.
http://www.donosticup.com

Bottom line, out of the debate I raised, my opinion and others that agree with me, are the minority in SoCal. I was just curious as to how people felt. I posted my opinion before I knew the history which was my ignorance.

If you really want the girls to have fun and want to play against the best, below are some links of good tournaments that have teams similar to GOATS FC.

3v3 Live National Championship
https://www.3v3live.com/finals

Youth Soccer's Most Beautiful Tournament (San Sebastion, Spain) IMO with many teams like GOATS from the US, Spain, Portugal and France.
http://www.donosticup.com
Bro, this Forum is tough. I was gone for 3 years and just came back. I thought all my GOAT friends were all still here posting everyday. I asked a few questions and the shaming started. I went way over board and made an ass of myself and some say now my dd is blacklisted from the YNT and college deals. Those are the consequences when one speaks up to what they believe. I like that about you. I also like that you at least admit your ignorance. That's the first step. I like you Mars and I bet you're a great dad or mom too. Have fun and don't let the ranking get you mad.

Bro, this Forum is tough. I was gone for 3 years and just came back. I thought all my GOAT friends were all still here posting everyday. I asked a few questions and the shaming started. I went way over board and made an ass of myself and some say now my dd is blacklisted from the YNT and college deals. Those are the consequences when one speaks up to what they believe. I like that about you. I also like that you at least admit your ignorance. That's the first step. I like you Mars and I bet you're a great dad or mom too. Have fun and don't let the ranking get you mad.
I was all over the rankings at u9, u10, u11 too. I think Tech handled all that stuff for us as well as tournament predictions. I used to get all mad when Slammers got ahead of us in rankings because they borrowed two Surf "super GOAT players" as well for Slammers Invite only and it just wasn't fair. We lost 6-1 in finals. So mad I was. In fact, one parent (not me) from our team was so mad he was kicked off the fields and told police will come if he doesn't leave. Crazy stuff dude :(

How about moving your kid to SoCal just so she can play. No offense to the parents, if my kid was that serious and loved soccer that much, I'd probably consider moving too.

How about moving your kid to SoCal just so she can play. No offense to the parents, if my kid was that serious and loved soccer that much, I'd probably consider moving too.

Stud. This is what the USA needs. Girls like that he want to go PRO!!! I don't have time to watch all 8 minutes but I didn't hear anything about D1. My dd would love to help girls like that reach their goals. My only negative on this training it's like shooting 3s with no defenders and dribbling on basketball court with no one guarding you. Just saying. Good stuff though, well skilled with no defenders :)

Wouldn’t this be ranking Slammers Fc PA 09 Team twice? 5/6 goat players are from that team. From my understanding the ineffective players are from southbay who are ranked #16 so them Being ranked twice wouldn’t really matter. LOL
Meh, I wouldn't say my kid is ineffective...underwhelming at times and definitely needs to work on a number of things. Tournament had a lot of tough teams and we have a lot of good takeaways on things to work on.

Meh, I wouldn't say my kid is ineffective...underwhelming at times and definitely needs to work on a number of things. Tournament had a lot of tough teams and we have a lot of good takeaways on things to work on.

If your kid is who I believe she is, I would love to have her ineffectiveness on our team :D
Anyway, That team is extremely talented regardless.

Back