Blowouts

No Coach that was his post back in September. I am sure he has long since forgot about it unlike you who whose club it was probably about since you appear to be so butt hurt about it. Did you wait ten months for this? What a troll.

Responding at 7:38 AM???? So that means you logged in to this forum that early???
Get a life Troll.
My post had a link with real data. Your post had opinions and assumptions which are all wrong. Look in the mirror Troll.
Trolls are always the last ones to see themselves for what they really are. Find something productive to do at 7:38 am instead of logging in to a kids soccer website. Creep.

http://events.gotsport.com/events/s...485&FieldID=0&applicationID=4110991&action=Go

Is this coach also famous in these parts? Or is this lopsided score a common occurence? Or did you have some personal reasons to call out one coach but see no problem when another does it?
I didn't know I was the blowout police as I posted that almost a year ago. That said, I don't think that running up the score like that is best. I see a problem whenever someone does it. 9-0 and 15-0 are both rough, certainly not 22-0 and 19-0. In the case I was referring to, said coach opted to keep two super studs up top as they scored 17 of the 22 in the one game. I saw some of the scores from the weekend, it is tough at this age and only going to get tougher. The new rules coming will widen the gap between teams in my opinion, making this even more the case.

Responding at 7:38 AM???? So that means you logged in to this forum that early???
Get a life Troll.
My post had a link with real data. Your post had opinions and assumptions which are all wrong. Look in the mirror Troll.
Trolls are always the last ones to see themselves for what they really are. Find something productive to do at 7:38 am instead of logging in to a kids soccer website. Creep.

Coach you seem so upset.
You are an idiot- you respond to something posted seven months ago. That makes you the troll. Who looks at a post from seven months ago. That means you were up at 9:40 pm scrolling an old forum. Who has no life- that would be you!
Must be a loser coach, or a loser parent.
All you do is stir up sh** on here and it's clear you are an idiot or a coach.
You need to get a life and a grip.

Coach you seem so upset.
You are an idiot- you respond to something posted seven months ago. That makes you the troll. Who looks at a post from seven months ago. That means you were up at 9:40 pm scrolling an old forum. Who has no life- that would be you!

You must be a pleasure to live with. You have shown yourself to be THAT parent. Quick to yell and lose your temper, foul mouthed, red faced and complaining on the sidelines lol. What sadness in your life is making you so angry? Seek professional help.

Coach you seem so upset.
How is responding to an old thread being a troll? He posted new timely on topic information showing another a-hole coach running up the score against little 6 year old girls. 6 year old girls. I wonder if the coach chuckles as he watches kindergarten kids walk off the field sobbing.

And why are you so angry? Is your kid at the sharks?

Some of the brackets were not very good. I've never seen this many lopsided scores across multiple brackets.

Some of the brackets were not very good. I've never seen this many lopsided scores across multiple brackets.
Copa Del Mar was a disappointment this year for various reasons 1)very late in getting the schedule out 2)finals on Monday where could easily be done on Sunday especially with 4-team flights 3)good number of teams, but poor bracketing resulting in blow outs. One positive note, all games were at Polo fields.

Daughter is playing basketball besides soccer. 11 year old coed. Our team is loaded as it looks like our coach knew what players to draft while the other coached didn't. We went up 30-0 in the first quarter. Our team stopped pressing. The score board operator turned off the score. Top 3 players sat on the bench, increased the number of passes before shooting, let the other team get some open shots off from the outside, plus they let a boy score from the other team that hadn't scored all night. I believe the final score was 74-25, but at least in the 2nd half it felt more competitive and fans and players from both teams felt better about the whole situation.

It really is uncomfortable when you are destroying another team, or being destroyed yourself. Goes for any sport at this age.

Daughter is playing basketball besides soccer. 11 year old coed. Our team is loaded as it looks like our coach knew what players to draft while the other coached didn't. We went up 30-0 in the first quarter. Our team stopped pressing. The score board operator turned off the score. Top 3 players sat on the bench, increased the number of passes before shooting, let the other team get some open shots off from the outside, plus they let a boy score from the other team that hadn't scored all night. I believe the final score was 74-25, but at least in the 2nd half it felt more competitive and fans and players from both teams felt better about the whole situation.

It really is uncomfortable when you are destroying another team, or being destroyed yourself. Goes for any sport at this age.
Where is this basketball league? Sounds like the typical rec (basketball/baseball) draft where the club coaches know all the competitive players and other volunteer coaches are clueless. They also often collude to get all their "kids" on their team.

I saw a 24-0 score last season in CSL fall league. Was also a Youngers age 07' It was between Fullerton Rangers and EDA. Don't remember who won. At some point, likely 8 or 9-0 you need to just play possession keep away.

I saw a 24-0 score last season in CSL fall league. Was also a Youngers age 07' It was between Fullerton Rangers and EDA. Don't remember who won. At some point, likely 8 or 9-0 you need to just play possession keep away.

I recently refereed a BU14 team that won 14-0. In the second half with the score 8-0 the coach told the boys to stop scoring and reiterated that numerous times. The coach was pissed off at his players and kept apologizing to the other coach. The game the parents, on the opposite sideline from the coach, were encouraging the boys to continue to score. After the game the coach had the players running sprints for about 20 minutes while he talked to the parents about sportsmanship. After the boys were done running he had a sportsmanship talk with them.

I thought Copa was a good tournament as far as organization and experience. Fields of course were good and facilities were good. I thought referee quality was good from the multiple matches I saw/coached.

There were a lot of lopsided scores, signaling some bracketing issues and also the reality of playing on the smaller fields, I think. The good teams' superiority was magnified because they could get to goal so much more quickly on the smaller pitches. I saw at least two goals with shots from the midline in 9 v 9 play.

My daughter is on the Sharks team this weekend who had those lopsided scores. The coach actually tried to rein it in a bit by playing players in unfamiliar roles. I probably would've done more.

I will say that the atmosphere for the little girls on the losing end was pretty positive as the coaches were celebrating good play from both sides and complimenting bits of skill and determination to all the girls. The players left smiling, I think. I thought it was pretty neat that there were 6 teams bracketed at such a young age.

BTW- at Rebels cup there was a CDA Slammers team of girls 2010, so 6 and 7 year olds, who won each of their games by scores of 15 or 16 to nothing. They were a class above, not sure if the coach did anything to mitigate the gap in ability.

I think most kids this age don't care THAT much about the scores. It's the parents.

Back