Blister treatment tips..

Footy30

SILVER ELITE
Anybody have any good blister treatment tips? ... Specifically on feet, under the toes and the ball of the feet . We've tried everything, those blister bandaids (come off when kids have to run) regular bandaids, tape, etc. already use blister prevention spray and blister socks so please any tips to care for the blister once it happened. There is no fluid inside, and I know not to cut the skin but I'll be damned I have never seen kids with these giant ass blisters in the toughest places to treat and continue to walk and run. Liquid bandage? does that work??
Thanks

Anybody have any good blister treatment tips? ... Specifically on feet, under the toes and the ball of the feet . We've tried everything, those blister bandaids (come off when kids have to run) regular bandaids, tape, etc. already use blister prevention spray and blister socks so please any tips to care for the blister once it happened. There is no fluid inside, and I know not to cut the skin but I'll be damned I have never seen kids with these giant ass blisters in the toughest places to treat and continue to walk and run. Liquid bandage? does that work??
Thanks
We just started using this product this week.

Put it on my son's blister that was just forming. Jury still out, but it didn't seem to get worse and it doesn't come off easily, but your putting the tape right on the blister. Probably works better preventively...has great customer reviews on REI.

If you end up finding something that works post it up. First time in years of soccer that my son is having issues and far and away the most expensive shoes he has ever had. Light weight seems to come at the expense of comfort.

Thanks
Bare with me for a moment on this one. :) So, my oldest gets blisters in a similar foot location. Whether the blister is broken and the excess skin is pulled away or if the blister is void of fluid with the skin intact apply Nu-Skin liquid band aids. Do this prior to let it dry and harden. I now use some form of ointment (Vaseline, Neo-sporin, etc) that prevents friction. Now cover the blister and the immediate area with gauze. Then apply some type of athletic or stretchy tape to keep the gauze intact during physical activity. Continue to apply layers of the Nu-Skin to continue to build up that location.

Moleskin. Stick it directly into the skin under the sock in the areas that blisters normally form. Outstanding preventative.
If you already have a blister, put a bandaid over it, then stick the moleskin over the top. Then put sock on.

Moleskin...period. Best remedy you’ll find. Used it all the time when I was in the Corps. My DD had to use it once or twice until I finally pulled out the John Wooden “now I’m going to teach you how to properly put on your socks”...

I know you asked for treatment but I'm still going to give you my .02
Trusox. They are expensive. But they work. Years and years ago my G03GK was at a GK camp during the summer. By the time Thursday rolled around her feet were wasted from all the keeper drills and sweaty feet..even after changing socks mid-day. All that moisture and friction takes it's toll.
I took a shot at buying Trusox.
Now she won't wear anything else!! Lol
But I kid you not..she's never had a blister since. Give it a shot. Good luck!!

My dd generously slathers vaseline on the hotspots as well as on the outside of her socks over the hotspots. Also, she has found alternating cleats really helps keep the blisters at bay. And if she's doing multiple trainings in the same day she makes sure to wear clean socks for each session.

Even with the break they wouldn’t heal?

The blister broke and I left the skin attached to prevent any infection, but underneath it appeared to be the beginning of a new blister. It's looking better and the new skin seemed to help, but I now have a lot of options to either help prevent, or treat so hopefully that helps

We just started using this product this week.

Put it on my son's blister that was just forming. Jury still out, but it didn't seem to get worse and it doesn't come off easily, but your putting the tape right on the blister. Probably works better preventively...has great customer reviews on REI.

If you end up finding something that works post it up. First time in years of soccer that my son is having issues and far and away the most expensive shoes he has ever had. Light weight seems to come at the expense of comfort.
The more expensive the shoes, the closer they will hug the feet, and thereby requiring more of a breaking in period in order to prevent blisters. Once that's done, their value does shine through. My kids had this issue when they started switching to better cleats, which is when they could wear them longer then 3-6 months. Wear them around the house for 15 minutes at a time and switch to flip flops. Shower with them, then switch to sliders. Do this for 3-4 days, then take to fields with old cleats. Wear for 30 minutes while playing and switch to old cleats at first sign of any annoyance. Do this for a week while increasing time. This has helped my children prevent blisters from quality cleats for the last few years.

For blisters to go away faster and hurt less, keep them clean and dry. Use skin disinfectant wipes and then dry it out with dry towels after every practice session or after removing socks and blister covers. Don't wear socks unless it's necessary. Remove band aid or covers when not wearing shoes.

The blister broke and I left the skin attached to prevent any infection, but underneath it appeared to be the beginning of a new blister. It's looking better and the new skin seemed to help, but I now have a lot of options to either help prevent, or treat so hopefully that helps
The key is to continue to build up that protective barrier artificially. New skin is great but you still want to limit the friction. As I suggested put a analgesic there and use pre-wrap and athletic tape to also act as another barrier.

Back