Bladed cleats on turf

For artificial turf, any advice on rounded studs versus rubber sole with a deep pattern?

For artificial turf, any advice on rounded studs versus rubber sole with a deep pattern?

For us, the answer depends on the quality of the turf. For newer, taller bladed AG fields, we tend to go with the round studs of the AG pattern offered by Nike. For older, short bladed or worn AG fields, then rubber soles with a deep pattern, either Nike or Adidas.

Addidas Copas are garbage and horrible for your feet. When my DD was 13 she was having foot, leg and back pain and our Doctor referred us to a podiatrist. The podiatrist had her bring in her cleats, Addidas Copas. He said to throw them out and gave us a list of recommended soccer cleats. He said the Copas are 30 years out of date, provide absolutely no support for the foot, and can cause foot, ankle, leg, hip and back pain. He said even with inserts they are not recommended since there are so many better choice.
Just because Copas didn't work out for your daughter, it's not the right thing to say they are garbage. There is a reason why Copas have been on a market for so many years.

bladed cleats are bad on most surfaces. My DD detached her ACL with blades on firm ground grass at Lancaster. I broke my fibula playing indoor with too much traction, tried to get a ball that crossed to the left with my right and snap. If I had been wearing my turf shoes I would be slipping but I wouldn't have had to drive home with a broken left leg in a truck that had a manual tranny!

Just because Copas didn't work out for your daughter, it's not the right thing to say they are garbage. There is a reason why Copas have been on a market for so many years.
I didn’t say they were garbage, but am repeating what a board certified podiatrist that worked with SD Chargers and SDSU sports said. He was correct for my daughter and two other players we know that switched from Copas to another model.

Back