Big Cat Keeper Camp tonight in OC

Thanks for. posting. Was pretty sceptical since we have tried IGA. before but since the kiddo is still in mandatory SOP for high school and could only ride the bench at her game last night we gave it a try. She had a blast! They played a lot of "keeper war" type games and she made some solid connections with the other keepers there. Unfortunately all the keepers she met are from out of OC but we will for sure go back for that aspect alone!

Great coach to player ratio, three levels of play and they were willing to moved her into the older boys group instead of making her stay with the girls (not a lot of camps will divide by skill if it means mixing genders) which allowed her to be challenged. Good instruction without trying to change form (ie...not overriding her current keeper coach). Highly recommend.

We have the usual trainers my son sees weekly, but every once in a while we will check out a trainer who runs a small camp to just mix it up a little. We have come across some pretty cool trainers and made connections this way.

Coach Brent at Different Breed GK and Neil at Big Cat are just some of the few.

Thanks for. posting. Was pretty sceptical since we have tried IGA. before but since the kiddo is still in mandatory SOP for high school and could only ride the bench at her game last night we gave it a try. She had a blast! They played a lot of "keeper war" type games and she made some solid connections with the other keepers there. Unfortunately all the keepers she met are from out of OC but we will for sure go back for that aspect alone!

Great coach to player ratio, three levels of play and they were willing to moved her into the older boys group instead of making her stay with the girls (not a lot of camps will divide by skill if it means mixing genders) which allowed her to be challenged. Good instruction without trying to change form (ie...not overriding her current keeper coach). Highly recommend.

My keeper had a really good time, too! He enjoyed the drills and games. He’s a 2010, so probably not placed in the same group as your DD, but I had the same sense that it was a really good group of kids and he was able to make some connections. We’ll definitely keep an eye out for future OC events, too!

Back