Best Club Coaches in SoCal

Long story but as most clubs go - they turn to the Green Side $$$$

Oh that green side. Yes many of the best at time leave for greener pastures or promotions. Good youth soccer coaches seem to be a flux & in high demand so if you get one enjoy the ride.

We all want the "best" but let's face it there just not enough of them to go around and depending on the circumstances your player may have not have any access to them at all. Geography plays a role also.

So what can be done besides throwing out random names that have been around for a while? You look for certain traits, styles, methods.

Are they good role models? Do they teach skills, discipline, patience, tactics, teamwork. Do they communicate positively, teach fitness, get everyone involved, have a reasonable roster size and sub patterns . Help kids develop their skills & passion for the game but also help with character building, respect, taking responsibility, be the best they can.

I’d never put a list together that had Sam and Carrie together - especially when it comes to coaching and history at that club. Better go burn some sage and burn a CR7 action figure as tribute to the Soccer Gods.

You really shouldn't let your hatred of a certain club blind your judgement, sensibility, reasoning, etc...

Have you heard good things about him? I’ve also seen some other coaches names linked to that area.. Gallo, Chavez, Villanueva, Guerrero, ninja. I’m still trying to research.

Yes, i've heard good things about him and also seen his teams in action for the last 5 years playing against him. He develops players in all aspects of the game.

In my experience on the boys side these guys could coach my kid any day of the week:

Neil Armour (West Coast FC)
Marius Rus (LAFC/AC Brea)
Marcus Chorvat (Strikers South Bay)
Mike Erush (LA Breakers)
strengths of NA please? could you please tell me your experiences with him. We are interested in him and his style.

You really shouldn't let your hatred of a certain club blind your judgement, sensibility, reasoning, etc...
Do you want to post the State Cup winning percentages for this year, along with goal differential? I’ll also wait for a tabulation off the average coaching license level at the club. Maybe List of teams in “elite” leagues. I’ll wait for the records of the teams in discovery and flight 1. I’ll wait for a list of ODP players. I’d even wait for the resume comparison of the DOC to other DOCs - by the way, seems that certain resumes can be picked apart for accuracy if you want to go that far.
My main point was to state those two individuals should not be referenced in the same breath. Looks like more blind loyalty. Unless you really do believe Carrie Taylor isn’t a better coach or DOC. Which would most likely be a bad take given, from your posts, were not around when she was there. The ignorance is okay, how club soccer has been for the over 35+ years I’ve seen it. How clubs stay in business and make money. Just get the parents to believe and not ask questions - forget experiencing something different that will distort “reality”

But what happened?
im
So
Confused
Timbuck, nicely, posted a podcast. Take a listen to it. Referenced slightly, made fun of the situation but Professional coaches usually don’t go deep into these events. Good interview, good story, that I’ve sent to a few coaches who have recently wanted to quit coaching.

Do you want to post the State Cup winning percentages for this year, along with goal differential? I’ll also wait for a tabulation off the average coaching license level at the club. Maybe List of teams in “elite” leagues. I’ll wait for the records of the teams in discovery and flight 1. I’ll wait for a list of ODP players. I’d even wait for the resume comparison of the DOC to other DOCs - by the way, seems that certain resumes can be picked apart for accuracy if you want to go that far.
My main point was to state those two individuals should not be referenced in the same breath. Looks like more blind loyalty. Unless you really do believe Carrie Taylor isn’t a better coach or DOC. Which would most likely be a bad take given, from your posts, were not around when she was there. The ignorance is okay, how club soccer has been for the over 35+ years I’ve seen it. How clubs stay in business and make money. Just get the parents to believe and not ask questions - forget experiencing something different that will distort “reality”
I know exactly who he she is. In fact, she helped teach a "D" licensing course I took several years ago. I'm not saying she's not good or trying to disparage her...what I am saying is that Sam Nicholson has been a top level trainer/coach for many years and that Ben Gardea is one of the best young coaches in OC...and also sometimes having been in the game too long isn't a good thing as you referenced 35+ years...in fact I'd say there are club coaches out there still riding their reputations from back in the 90s, uninspiring to say the least. I just don't like to base coaches/trainers and their ability on what club they're attached to. One of the best trainers/coaches I worked with several years ago was with CFA, and you probably wouldn't even recognize his name if I told you.

strengths of NA please? could you please tell me your experiences with him. We are interested in him and his style.
I've only played against his teams and have been able to have a good relationship with him. I would define him as follows:

- Dedicated to players - Seems to have a lot of long term players who are fiercely loyal to him.
- Attempts to play possession soccer and his players are usually where they are supposed to be.
- Wins and gets his players scouted at the highest levels of club.
- Doesn't stand for BS and will call out the BS.
- Leader
- One hell of a Karaoke singer from what I hear

Back