Beach FC-- Long Beach

pokergod

SILVER ELITE
Rumor that many of the good coaches have left or are leaving. Who? Reason? Where are they are going?

Can confirm as of today that Ryan Shera who came over in the Strikers FC merger is now at FRAM and is slated to take a couple of teams.

I’ve heard that some states in the Midwest have some sort of rule that if you move to a different club, you aren’t allowed to coach the same age group for at least a year.
Could you imagine what would happen in So Cal if this was the rule?

I’ve heard that some states in the Midwest have some sort of rule that if you move to a different club, you aren’t allowed to coach the same age group for at least a year.
That would make things very interesting, that's for damn sure...

What a great idea :)

That would probably violate CA's prohibition on non-compete clauses, but it would certainly reduce coach-inspired club-hopping.

It's interesting how this business actually works. It's like the coaches already have a book of business, like an All State Insurance Agent. You're in good hands with All State or "Coach John." Many coaches bring their players to a club and then try and leave with their flock to another place. Maybe coaches should just have a team that sticks together and then just hangs his licence for that year under a club?

Last edited:
The anguish of selling one's soul at the actual time of decision making. I think when the human being reaches a certain boiling point in this rat race, he gets to a certain level of desperation and realism goes out the window.
1581896950634.png

For what it is worth, the coaches a
It's interesting how this business actually works. It's like the coaches already have a book of business, like an All State Insurance Agent. You're in good hands with All State or "Coach John." Many coaches bring their players to a club and then try and leave with their flock to another place. Maybe coaches should just have a team that sticks together and then just hangs his licence for that year under a club?
I think we all know every club has good and bad points, but a club is only as strong as the individual coaches. To be more specific, we went to tryouts this weekend in North Orange County. I know a few of the coaches. Like the tryout from last week where I heard this news, they were all talking about the coaches leaving Beach. One of the coaches, who they all spoke highly of, was mentioned in this chain. The other names I heard this weekend I will not repeat since I don't want to mess with or harm a career. The coaches at the tryouts mentioned tensions at beach between Long Beach and the South Bay, which was also mentioned above. Will be interesting to see if Beach stays one entity.

For what it is worth, the coaches a

I think we all know every club has good and bad points, but a club is only as strong as the individual coaches. To be more specific, we went to tryouts this weekend in North Orange County. I know a few of the coaches. Like the tryout from last week where I heard this news, they were all talking about the coaches leaving Beach. One of the coaches, who they all spoke highly of, was mentioned in this chain. The other names I heard this weekend I will not repeat since I don't want to mess with or harm a career. The coaches at the tryouts mentioned tensions at beach between Long Beach and the South Bay, which was also mentioned above. Will be interesting to see if Beach stays one entity.
Selling out good coaches and players to bring in a new director and his buddies has consequences.

Can someone explain to me who had the original Beach FC? Where was the original Beach located? What Beach? Long Beach? Hermosa Beach? Redondo Beach? Manhattan Beach? I went up to Seattle and saw the first original Starbucks that opened 50 years ago. The original Legends FC started in a little city called Glendora, ca.

Oh, I see from another post that it was Blues in HB. I just can't understand how HB can be called North OC... :confused:
West OC sounds better. To all you transplants who are truly not local to the Great OC. Let me help you. We have North OC, South OC, West OC and Central OC. I worked at Yellow pages and that;s how we divided the OC. All the attorneys I sold ads to wanted the back cover of South OC always. South OC was the #1 book in the company. Triple the revenue of the other directories. HB and North OC is stupid.

Can someone explain to me who had the original Beach FC? Where was the original Beach located? What Beach? Long Beach? Hermosa Beach? Redondo Beach? Manhattan Beach? I went up to Seattle and saw the first original Starbucks that opened 50 years ago. The original Legends FC started in a little city called Glendora, ca.

I dont know the details but many moons ago I only remember them as a small club with mostly girls teams out of Redondo Beach.

The bigger club in that area was South Bay Force. Force took over or mergered with a Palos Verdes club and some coaches in both went to beach and they started to expand. After Force became a galaxy affiliate & changed names the whole affiliate model starting blowing up.

What we are seeing now seems to be a backlash to some of these affiliate deals as what is promised rarely come to be in reality. The whole access to DA or other higher level league carrots is normally controlled by some central chapter who prefer there own players and the rest just get to put that logo on there websites.

Back