Beach FC-- Long Beach

As with most clubs decisions are made based on $$. By the looks of it with all of Galaxy Southbay going over they are now in charge of the girls side at least? Has Beach given up control? All the top teams do not have previous beach coaches.
Who is the boys Director if DS is the girls? Is that SD?

Last year Beach posted it's coaching line-up. I can't find this year's line-up. Does anyone know what teams DS and SD are coaching? They announced DS as girls South Bay director. What is SD's role?
Per what I have been told DS as you mentioned will be the SB girls director as well as next years 07 DA coach. I assume he will have at least another team (which I don't know, possibly the 08F1). SD will be the 06 DA coach, the DPL director, and have a DPL team (possibly the 06's). But all this can change though I hear it is confirmed internally.

As with most clubs decisions are made based on $$. By the looks of it with all of Galaxy Southbay going over they are now in charge of the girls side at least? Has Beach given up control? All the top teams do not have previous beach coaches.
SD the DPL director.

Rumor that many of the good coaches have left or are leaving. Who? Reason? Where are they are going?
Soler is now up on the CDA Slammers Cerritos website as coaching multiple teams. I still have not seen anything about the other big names that are allegedly leaving.

Per what I have been told DS as you mentioned will be the SB girls director as well as next years 07 DA coach. I assume he will have at least another team (which I don't know, possibly the 08F1). SD will be the 06 DA coach, the DPL director, and have a DPL team (possibly the 06's). But all this can change though I hear it is confirmed internally.
The Speaker for Beach too, must be with so much inside information

MH has taken over for the Boys

All of the boys or just ECNL? With the amount of teams they have it’s surprising they have so few people looking after them. Do they have a set curriculum or does every coach do their own thing?
I can’t answer that question. I’m more in time with the girls side, but MH coached my DD for 4 years and we are eternally grateful for all he did in setting a foundation with her.

You say “clearly” please explain how that is? In the first year of DA there were equal #’s of LB and SB players for the ‘03’s and ‘04’s. The following year there were actually more LB players than SB (by maybe a single player). This year when the ‘06’s formed there were more players pulled from LB than SB, especially because they pulled from 2 different LB teams (only one SB team). Another factoid to look at is where the DA staff originated from, all but one came from the LB staff and the one that isn’t came from outside the club.

The great thing about data is it isn’t subjective.

If the “favoritisms” are due in part to the training facilities, well, that was a result of economics and facility size/availability.

it is true that the SB division is growing by leaps and bounds whereas LB seems to unable to maintain or grow, maybe it’s do to more competition from other clubs in their area, I honestly don’t know.
My DD was part of the Beach family when DA was first introduced and the original DA and DPL teams were formed from her age group. At this time both SB and LB had strong FL1 teams to pull from. The teams ended up having close to a 70/30 ratio of LB to SB players and at that time many felt the club favored LB over SB. Interesting to see the tide shifting and the feeling SB being favored over LB....I guess it depends on the age group and one's perspective.

Back