Baseball..

Now that the National League has been tempted into the mortal sin of using designated hitters, we won't see any more pure baseball moments like this --

Padres at Giants got out of hand so quickly last night that after bailing out to watch Jeopardy!, when I came back the game was gone already, so I watched some movies instead. Thus I missed the historic moment -- first female base coach in the majors came on for the Giants after the starting coach was ejected following an argument over stealing bases with a 10-1 lead. It doesn't appear that the coach did anything deserving to be tossed, so maybe the ump was just enforcing an unwritten rule to keep the temperature of the game down.

Padres at Giants got out of hand so quickly last night that after bailing out to watch Jeopardy!, when I came back the game was gone already, so I watched some movies instead. Thus I missed the historic moment -- first female base coach in the majors came on for the Giants after the starting coach was ejected following an argument over stealing bases with a 10-1 lead. It doesn't appear that the coach did anything deserving to be tossed, so maybe the ump was just enforcing an unwritten rule to keep the temperature of the game down.
How do you know the coach was a female? Are you a biologists or just a cryptographer?

Padres magic number is 135 (actually less depending on the quirks of the NL West schedule -- I'll work out the real number later)

Back