Baseball..

I stopped being a true Padres fan in 1998 (4 season tickets for 10 years, and several intervals of 2 season tickets for a few years dating back to 1972) because I didn't like the political maneuvering they were using to get the new ballpark built and coincidentally enrich the owners with eminent domain powers to take over a big swath of properties in downtown San Diego. When I received my 1999 season ticket notice, I threw it in the trash. The next notice I got from them was a bill for $50 for "account cancellation fee". I still owe them that $50. The only times I have been to Petco Park (which turned out pretty nice, I must grumpily admit) was when someone else was buying the tickets.

However, I still lived in San Diego County, so they were "our" team and always on the TV, and the Don and Mud broadcast team is the best in baseball (so they've got that going for them). Now that we have moved away, I can get MLB app more or less free attached to my T-Mobile cellphone account, which means I can watch all the Don and Mud broadcasts -- except when they play the Giants or As.
Ok... I actually applaud your reasoning. That ballpark is amazing though. I've been there twice to watch the Dodgers... but I've since broken up with the Dodgers. The stunt they pulled last year honoring that hate group was it. So I did some digging and discovered that the only team not to have a pride night were the Texas Rangers. So I attached myself to the bandwagon mid season and enjoyed the World Series...

Ok... I actually applaud your reasoning. That ballpark is amazing though. I've been there twice to watch the Dodgers... but I've since broken up with the Dodgers. The stunt they pulled last year honoring that hate group was it. So I did some digging and discovered that the only team not to have a pride night were the Texas Rangers. So I attached myself to the bandwagon mid season and enjoyed the World Series...
We have friends in both the Sycuan and Viejas tribes, so we have enjoyed games from both of their luxury boxes. The Sycuan are a major sponsor of the Padres, so their box is better located -- right next to the owner's box. Viejas has one other critical difference -- no beer allowed in their box.

We have friends in both the Sycuan and Viejas tribes, so we have enjoyed games from both of their luxury boxes. The Sycuan are a major sponsor of the Padres, so their box is better located -- right next to the owner's box. Viejas has one other critical difference -- no beer allowed in their box.
The tribe I'm associated with doesn't have luxury suites anywhere..Taino.

It really is an amazing park but it has NO soul. That said, most everything in San Diego is amazing. Just too many people.

LOL @ your hate group comment. I struggled with that, too. Been with the Doyers a long time, though. I just considered that a "hall pass" for my marriage to them. I guess you'll always have Seager. ;)

Why are you posting a subscription only article in Sacramento on a SoCal website? Nobody can read it.

Didn't Vanity Fair or Good Housekeeping do something on the big story?
I don't have a subscription and I read it. It's a paywall, but a fairly low one, requiring only an email address. I keep a dummy email account for just these situations.

Back