Bad News Thread

Spin the chamber, pull the trigger, roll the dice. Like having unprotected sex many people never experience adverse effects.
You've clearly picked a side, I get it. You are not changing your mind and you will not change the minds of those who have an opposite opinion. At this point, cigar, bourbon, and a chair are your friends.

I think at some point (like now), people have to agree that not everyone is going to get vaccinated and deal with it. The interesting piece will be how it gets dealt with.

I see where the private sector is going - many large companies are requiring people to provide proof of vaccination via secure portals in return for not wearing masks in company common areas, etc. Those that do not provide proof of vaccination will have to wear masks in designated areas throughout their place of work. They are not being mandated to get a vaccine, but will be treated differently if they don't get vaccinated. It won't go over well and we will see how it plays out. People are leaving the workforce at a rate never seen before. Vaccine "encouragement" may accelerate it.
Schools will likely be the same for the fall

I think at some point (like now), people have to agree that not everyone is going to get vaccinated and deal with it. The interesting piece will be how it gets dealt with.

I see where the private sector is going - many large companies are requiring people to provide proof of vaccination via secure portals in return for not wearing masks in company common areas, etc. Those that do not provide proof of vaccination will have to wear masks in designated areas throughout their place of work. They are not being mandated to get a vaccine, but will be treated differently if they don't get vaccinated. It won't go over well and we will see how it plays out. People are leaving the workforce at a rate never seen before. Vaccine "encouragement" may accelerate it.
I am not convinced that the middle of the country will go the differential treatment route.

West coast and northeast will. But not center and south. In some states, non vax are the majority.

You've clearly picked a side, I get it. You are not changing your mind and you will not change the minds of those who have an opposite opinion. At this point, cigar, bourbon, and a chair are your friends.

Stop whining. It's just a little poke and then you get to chat with your new friends for about 15 minutes.

Lots of single parents having trouble. I signed on the dotted line and now can go mask free if I wish. When the doors open I mask up.

Tues, Wed, Thurs everyone was feeling out the whole don't need to wear a mask if vaccinated situation. Friday, Saturday seems like most everyone is all in with not wearing a mask. Costco and Walmart, no mask required, even a few employees at Costco without masks. Give it a month and only the last few diehards will be wearing mask in public. Masks are done and unlikely to see the light of day for a long time.

Tues, Wed, Thurs everyone was feeling out the whole don't need to wear a mask if vaccinated situation. Friday, Saturday seems like most everyone is all in with not wearing a mask. Costco and Walmart, no mask required, even a few employees at Costco without masks. Give it a month and only the last few diehards will be wearing mask in public. Masks are done and unlikely to see the light of day for a long time.
Nationally, what do you propose if Delta begins to cause crowded hospitals this fall?

Masks seems the least bad option.

The alternatives are lockdowns, mandatory vaccination, and deferral of non-covid medical care.

Which of those do you like better?

Vax alone is probably good enough, if we all do it. Worst case would be vax+masks. I don’t see a risk for lockdowns in a fully vaxxed region.

But it makes us safe through herd immunity, not just through individual immunity.
Again. . . Complete disregard for those with natural immunity or those who have recovered.

Nationally, what do you propose if Delta begins to cause crowded hospitals this fall?

Masks seems the least bad option.

The alternatives are lockdowns, mandatory vaccination, and deferral of non-covid medical care.

Which of those do you like better?

I'm keeping my mask stock near at hand, just in casse.

Mask don't work, at least the ones that were commonly used...
We’ve been over this, Grace. It is well established that masks reduce covid transmission from the wearer. It’s pretty much only you and a few right wing politicians still claiming otherwise.

But, if you don’t like masks, how do you think US should respond if it looks like Delta is going to fill hospitals?

-Mandatory Vaccines?
-Lockdown again?
-Reduce other medical care to make room?

I don’t think there is a fifth option. If delta ends up filling beds and we don’t pick one, we get the “reduce other medical care” option.

how do you think US should respond if it looks like Delta is going to fill hospitals?l

I don’t get the multi-avatar assumptions in this thread or the motivation to do so, if that is a thing outside of Crush or some banned persona.. I am likely wrong given the consensus of accusations.

To your hypothetical delta intervention question, I think you need to rework your model given to the vaccination rate and which vaccinations have been used/protocols followed (emphasize a two dose regimen).

How then are the hospitals being overun with this variant, thus requiring the proposed interventions?

Back