Bad News Thread

The study was done the last two weeks of October, before the election. Hope many feel differently now.

According to the study, nearly two-thirds of Detroiters say they are unlikely to get a coronavirus vaccine -- and those numbers grow among some of the hardest hit communities in the region.

Those from Hispanic or Latinx communities were twice as likely to say they wouldn’t get the vaccine compared to white responders. For Black Detroiters, that number is four times higher.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...nts-say-theyre-unlikely-to-get-covid-vaccine/

The " BAD NEWS " is:

FILTHY DEMOCRATS = FILTHY CRIMINALS

This is exactly why I don’t want COVID discussions to be solely relegated to off-topic.

Wish there was an alternative or middle ground. Maybe a forum with differing guidelines than the other areas? Possibly, a no-personal attacks policy for that forum, and/or reactions only to express your opinion on a post? Just trying to be creative as I found that discussion worthwhile and I fear that in this section discussion will be stifled with lack of participation to avoid interactions like the above post.

This is exactly why I don’t want COVID discussions to be solely relegated to off-topic.

Wish there was an alternative or middle ground. Maybe a forum with differing guidelines than the other areas? Possibly, a no-personal attacks policy for that forum, and/or reactions only to express your opinion on a post? Just trying to be creative as I found that discussion worthwhile and I fear that in this section discussion will be stifled with lack of participation to avoid interactions like the above post.

Relegated? Anyone can read the threads here, just as if they were in your dear children's age/gender group.

Without a doubt.

Relegated? Anyone can read the threads here, just as if they were in your dear children's age/gender group.

My point wasn’t that anyone can’t access this section, but that less may participate in a free-for all. Similar to your point, the COVID-19 forum wasn’t in the SoCalScene topic and wouldn’t interfere with users seeking only soccer related content... it was clearly differentiated from soccer related posts, in it’s own section and could have had its own set of rules vs. soccer above the fold and anything else below the fold.

My point wasn’t that anyone can’t access this section, but that less may participate in a free-for all. Similar to your point, the COVID-19 forum wasn’t in the SoCalScene topic and wouldn’t interfere with users seeking only soccer related content... it was clearly differentiated from soccer related posts, in it’s own section and could have had its own set of rules vs. soccer above the fold and anything else below the fold.
I think @Dominic should put the covid forum back where it was. If he wants to crack down on covid conversations outside of that locale, fair enough.

Dropping it down to off topic is probably not the best place in my opinion.

The bad news is were going to have to put more pressure on 911 dispatchers. I hear their expecting every Karen in socal looking to snitch. The good news I can use this to get my dd home now by 10pm. I just texted her and she thought it was a joke. I said no, it's the law!!! She said, "ok daddy, I will obey." I am so proud of her. Their is always a positive that comes out of stupid. LA Sheriff are just like OC Sherriff now. City police have to answer to each mayor for that city and that can go so many different ways.

Every Sheriff In LA Region Refuses To Enforce Gavin Newsom's COVID Curfew

COVID conversation almost always start political arguments, so they are best kept in the Off Topic 2 area. There you can have at it or stay civil, and I don't have to moderate every post. I can make a sub forum for COVID within the Off Topic 2 forum, although you will be on your own.

COVID conversation almost always start political arguments, so they are best kept in the Off Topic 2 area. There you can have at it or stay civil, and I don't have to moderate every post. I can make a sub forum for COVID within the Off Topic 2 forum, although you will be on your own.
How am I doing Dom? I get carried away so if I need a warning or a "your starting to cross the line" then please help me out.

La county is shutting down outdoor restaurants and bars effective Wednesday. They are warning if numbers continue to climb lockdown stay at home orders will follow. Short of shutting down hair stylists for a 3rd time given the position the sheriffs have taken this is the last bullet in their gun. It’s going to be the final straw for several restaurants though. I’m friendly with 3 restaurant owners and they have all seemed really worried. One is a sushi bar owner whose been tottering on his last leg (fewer people order sushi for takeout)

since we’re unchained politically the la county health officer and the la supervisors are the worst of the worst. There’s no data that shows this step will do any good and they continue to have schools closed despite the science. That bunch is worse than a group of medieval priests trying to stave off the plague and there’s a special level of hell carved out for them.

At a minimum you have to put up with the crazy nono rants or block them. Wonder who it is. Who comes to a soccer forum off topic dead zone to spew crazy talk? Or maybe it’s someone with an alternate avatar to spew their political nonsense? Maybe it’s me?????:oops:

So @dad4 has assured us restaurants are a high risk factor. He and others are constantly worried about restaurants.

Here are STATS from TN. Take a look at restaurants.

Why are we shutting them down? Again?

WSJ the other day talked to health experts around the world. What did they say? They cannot determine WHERE cases are coming from as it relates to 80+% of all cases.

People are still living like it is March and we have no new data.

Take a look at the row dealing with restaurants.

2020-11-22_2147.png

Note that like every other state, TN is having a spike in cases.

Pay attention to where they seem not to come from.

Some people on here push that restaurants and bars are the culprits. They cannot actually pull studies. They do however pull quotes from people who THINK they are an issue. Big difference right?

At a minimum you have to put up with the crazy nono rants or block them. Wonder who it is. Who comes to a soccer forum off topic dead zone to spew crazy talk? Or maybe it’s someone with an alternate avatar to spew their political nonsense? Maybe it’s me?????:oops:
I believe you have referenced how authoritarian states try to deal with a virus.

I believe you have referenced how authoritarian states try to deal with a virus.

And western health experts look at such scenes lovingly and wonder.....why can't we have that here?.....if only those pesky stupid plebs would cooperate.

Back