Bad News Thread

Based on personal experience, I knew the world had more than it needed of fucking idiots. However, in a time of crisis, I didn't think they would voluntarily identify themselves.
Your schtick is obvious. People are dying because of fucking idiots like you two.
Based on your post above, I knew the world had more than it needed of fucking idiots. They voluntarily and unknowingly identify themselves in times of crisis.

Many people here and elsewhere in the Southeast are turning down Covid-19 vaccines because they are angry that President Donald Trump lost the election and sick of Democrats in Washington thinking they know what’s best. State and local public health officials have struggled to combat that deep-rooted obstinance.

Many people here and elsewhere in the Southeast are turning down Covid-19 vaccines because they are angry that President Donald Trump lost the election and sick of Democrats in Washington thinking they know what’s best. State and local public health officials have struggled to combat that deep-rooted obstinance.

Racist

We’ll the other data point we know is Asian American two vaccine uptake is 2/3. African American uptake is 1/3. So it’s not just the republitards that are causing problems in the south. Criticism of the republitards for not vaccinating is all fine and good…but I don’t hear much criticism when it comes to your own constituent groups.

Politically in the us this is all going to come to a head in 3–4 weeks just as kids are going back to school. I can’t imagine the Biden admin publicly acknowledges zero covid Is not possible: would tick off his base and force him to acknowledge the critics were right over a year ago. But if we do a new round of lockdowns on top of the supply problems and inflationary pressures already there it’s just going to sink his presidency (same as it did ultimately trumps).

Interestingly the Uk is still in decline. The peak coincided with their freedom day. How much of an upturn in cases (if any) happens in the next few days will tell us what impact (if any) nonstringent npis really have.

Politically in the us this is all going to come to a head in 3–4 weeks just as kids are going back to school. I can’t imagine the Biden admin publicly acknowledges zero covid Is not possible: would tick off his base and force him to acknowledge the critics were right over a year ago. But if we do a new round of lockdowns on top of the supply problems and inflationary pressures already there it’s just going to sink his presidency (same as it did ultimately trumps).

Interestingly the Uk is still in decline. The peak coincided with their freedom day. How much of an upturn in cases (if any) happens in the next few days will tell us what impact (if any) nonstringent npis really have.
What historical npi events do we have to look back at and compare to today? Oh that's right! We don't. What historical PCR testing event do we have to look back at and compare to today? Oh! We don't.

Perhaps other people disagree with you about whether zero covid is possible?

After all, you begin by assuming that 1/3 to 2/3 of us refuse to wear masks, get vaccinated, or move social events outside. Under those assumptions, covid spreads widely. But that is not the only possible choice we have for our behavior.

A high vax rate and moderate mask/distance/outside norms are enough to drive hospitalizations near zero. Vermont is averaging one hospitalized covid patient right now. SF is around 25. Both have fewer than one covid death per day.

Now, if you want to open schools, burn your masks, and ban vaccine requirements, then you’re in Louisiana/Arkansas/Missouri territory, with around 1000 hospitalizations and 10 deaths per day.

But that is our choice. We don’t have to pick the stupid option.

Did you read this in your manual? I thought black and brown people were driving vaccination rates down? How lockstep of you to continue to politicize vaccination. You and yours continue to summon the orange boogey man. Tiresome schtick to say the least.

Back