Bad News Thread

Yes and no...

"..if the vaccine successfully induces an immune response, which some studies suggest may be more robust than natural exposure to the virus, then could the vaccine incite the inflammatory reaction resulting in MIS-C?

If so, would it be more frequent or severe if the immune response is greater? Couldn’t this place healthy children at risk of a severe outcome from the vaccine who had an extremely low likelihood of getting sick at all? "

Yeah, which is why you slap a warning label on it and have the parents decide for themselves. If we are going to argue the parents should make the in person/remote school decisions, or the sports/no sports decision, you got to trust them here too, after disclosing the relevant information.

Yeah, which is why you slap a warning label on it and have the parents decide for themselves. If we are going to argue the parents should make the in person/remote school decisions, or the sports/no sports decision, you got to trust them here too, after disclosing the relevant information.

That's a stretch, all the way out to

Coocoo.

With respect to ivermectin having been shown to inhibit replication in cell cultures....

www.xkcd.com/1217

Even the placebo course of medication discussed in one of Dr. Campbell's videos had a 50% success rate.

I'm going to volunteer for the aspirin and ginger ale trials if they ever come up. I'm already on some lists to volunteer for COPD medication trials.

For one, “I like the numbers being where they are. I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault," Trump said in a Fox News interview.
And
For one, “I like the numbers being where they are. I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault," Trump said in a Fox News interview.
And? You wanted the ship to dock to help spread COVID-19?

Seriously Rat Boy...shake yourself.

The unvaccinated at this point have made their choice. The rest of us don’t have to bend over backwards to spare them from the consequences

ps anyone else loving my new more aggressive alter ego? I always thought the hatter was k&s. The espola=dad4 thing was never credible. Would require too much acting on the part of 1 person.
I can hardly keep track of the one "personality" I have. Also, doesn't the hatter have an actual avatar that isn't the first letter of his screen name? That's more work than I'd ever want to do. Espola = dad4 is just very wrong.

Have you become more aggressive?

When did self-responsibility become the job of public health authorities and "hard core" to allow?
I don't think any public health officials are trying to stop you from being responsible and getting your shots.

The hard core part is that you expect those same public health officials to abandon their other infectious disease control measures.

That goes against the core of what medicine is. You don't refuse to treat the cancer just because the patient ignored your advice to stop smoking.

I don't think any public health officials are trying to stop you from being responsible and getting your shots.

The hard core part is that you expect those same public health officials to abandon their other infectious disease control measures.

That goes against the core of what medicine is. You don't refuse to treat the cancer just because the patient ignored your advice to stop smoking.
You just made an argument for why they shouldn’t have final say in any of this. They only care about the 1 thing and aren’t looking at anything else. They only look at the benefit not the cost. We’ve been saying this for a while now so funny you are now actually making the argument for us and why deferring to the experts, particularly a single group of experts, is a mistake.

Today I heard that there will be a flex alert tomorrow. People are being asked to refrain from using their appliances so as to not overload our grid.

I have solar and we feed the grid. Why should we be penalized because others do not have solar? They should only require those people who choose not to have solar to refrain from using their ac units when it's 99 outside. We paid zero out of pocket to have it installed so anyone can do it.

I mean, isn't Global Warming/ Climate Change the biggest threat to humanity? Shouldn't we be given lottery tickets, pre-paid credit cards, free meals and special rights because we are helping in the fight against humanities greatest threat...

You just made an argument for why they shouldn’t have final say in any of this. They only care about the 1 thing and aren’t looking at anything else. They only look at the benefit not the cost. We’ve been saying this for a while now so funny you are now actually making the argument for us and why deferring to the experts, particularly a single group of experts, is a mistake.
Your complaint is not the lack of cost/benefit analysis.

Your complaint is that, when doing cost benefit analysis, I insist that unvaccinated lives also have value.

We should do cost/benefit. But you don't get to assign a value of zero to people just because they distrust the vaccine. Those lives count, too.

Today I heard that there will be a flex alert tomorrow. People are being asked to refrain from using their appliances so as to not overload our grid.

I have solar and we feed the grid. Why should we be penalized because others do not have solar? They should only require those people who choose not to have solar to refrain from using their ac units when it's 99 outside. We paid zero out of pocket to have it installed so anyone can do it.

I mean, isn't Global Warming/ Climate Change the biggest threat to humanity? Shouldn't we be given lottery tickets, pre-paid credit cards, free meals and special rights because we are helping in the fight against humanities greatest threat...
Not everyone can do it. Some people rent.

And those renters help pay for the subsidy you receive for your solar array. Same as they chip in for any other power generation.

My owning stock in a power generation company doesn't make me immune to flex alerts. Your part ownership of a solar array doesn't make you immune, either.

Do your part. Same as everyone else.

Huge difference between disease control measures and individual medical treatment. We should protect the vulnerable, hence my masks are still required in health care facilities. If your only vulnerable because you choose not to get the vaccination, it's not my responsibility to change my behavior to accommodate you. That's not hardcore, that's being accountable for you own choices.

Not everyone can do it. Some people rent.

And those renters help pay for the subsidy you receive for your solar array. Same as they chip in for any other power generation.

My owning stock in a power generation company doesn't make me immune to flex alerts. Your part ownership of a solar array doesn't make you immune, either.

Do your part. Same as everyone else.
The owner of the property is the one who would reap the benefits of going solar. There is nothing to.prevent them.from doing it.

One of my kids bought stock in two of the vaxs companies and is not vaccinated. Owning stock doesn't make you anymore responsible for the vaccines or solar then someone who doesn't.

Combating "the greatest threat to humanity" has far more implications then if someone chooses to get vaccinated or not. The ridiculousness of our government to bribe people with their own money is the height of stupidity. To say this is a political ploy would be understanding it.. otherwise they would have already done this to combat GW/CC.

Your complaint is not the lack of cost/benefit analysis.

Your complaint is that, when doing cost benefit analysis, I insist that unvaccinated lives also have value.

We should do cost/benefit. But you don't get to assign a value of zero to people just because they distrust the vaccine. Those lives count, too.
You are pulling an espola and missing the point. The first is who should make the decision. You just made an argument for why it shouldn’t be the health experts because they only look at benefits not costs

the second is what we should look at in doing the cost benefit. My response to you is that those who have not taken steps to mitigate their risk do not have a right to shift their costs on those of us that have because there’s a simple way of avoiding said costs: take the damn shot.

You refuse health treatment if they don’t want it, ie DNR. You never force it against a patient’s will.

How do you not see the difference when the ‘Health Professionals’ are forcing healthy, non consenting individuals to adhere to their policy.

Note the difference between health treatment and health policy.

Back