Bad News Thread

The closest we have to "protect seniors" is Florida which took early steps to isolate nursing homes. Japan is also relatively close but they had mask mandates, curfew, lockdowns too (though less robust than Europe) and f'd the pooch when it comes to testing and vaccines. Some chose foolish policies with respect to seniors (including NY and Sweden). But pretty much everyone else was in the unsustainable lockdown boat with some exceptions (you know the ones).
That would seem to indicate that isolating nursing homes is a necessary, but not sufficient, step towards protecting seniors.

FL still had 1.6 deaths per 100 confirmed cases. Better than the US average of 1.8 deaths per 100 confirmed cases, but not by much.

This is not exactly a great case study for the virtues of “protect seniors” as our main line of defense. Is there anywhere it actually worked?

That would seem to indicate that isolating nursing homes is a necessary, but not sufficient, step towards protecting seniors.

FL still had 1.6 deaths per 100 confirmed cases. Better than the US average of 1.8 deaths per 100 confirmed cases, but not by much.

This is not exactly a great case study for the virtues of “protect seniors” as our main line of defense. Is there anywhere it actually worked?

other than partially in Florida and Japan it hasn’t been tried anywhere. In Japan deaths are relatively low as well but it wasn’t a pure protect seniors approach and they did it despite screwinh up testing. Lockdowns though have been tried almost everywhere. They weren’t sustainable. The other question is what “worked means”....if it’s very low deaths in the western world pretty much only Australia nz achieved that.

other than partially in Florida and Japan it hasn’t been tried anywhere. In Japan deaths are relatively low as well but it wasn’t a pure protect seniors approach and they did it despite screwinh up testing. Lockdowns though have been tried almost everywhere. They weren’t sustainable. The other question is what “worked means”....if it’s very low deaths in the western world pretty much only Australia nz achieved that.
When you are wealthy like Murdoch you can move to Australia where they virtually eliminated Covid-19 by following the rules while some on his US Fox programs promote breaking those rules. Nice.

When you are wealthy like Murdoch you can move to Australia where they virtually eliminated Covid-19 by following the rules while some on his US Fox programs promote breaking those rules. Nice.

WTHRUUP at 3am for? Listen and listen carefully. This has always been about the kids for me. Kids killed before birth and organs sold or kids born in trafficking or kidnaped. Watch this trailer and then get your ass in front of a tv and watch the movie when it comes out. Then come back and talk to me. Can you do that for me? Please, thank you :(

Look at the deaths per case in Florida. It’s just as bad as most of the country: 1.6 deaths per confirmed case.

There is a reason that no one tried to protect seniors by allowing millions of covid cases. It is impossible to do.

Not “impossible to do without extreme measures”. Not “impossible to do in a sustainable fashion”. Not “impossible to do without giving up my dinner parties”. Just impossible.

It can not be done. Cordons leak. If you have millions of comfirmed cases, you will have tens of thousands of deaths. There is no such thing as protecting seniors by allowing a respiratory epidemic to rage unchecked.

Look at the deaths per case in Florida. It’s just as bad as most of the country: 1.6 deaths per confirmed case.

There is a reason that no one tried to protect seniors by allowing millions of covid cases. It is impossible to do.

Not “impossible to do without extreme measures”. Not “impossible to do in a sustainable fashion”. Not “impossible to do without giving up my dinner parties”. Just impossible.

It can not be done. Cordons leak. If you have millions of comfirmed cases, you will have tens of thousands of deaths. There is no such thing as protecting seniors by allowing a respiratory epidemic to rage unchecked.
This dude is funny!!!

1618666712161.png

I came to bring healing to the world dad of 4. Yes sir, we need to make sure all kids are born. Then we can have a lot of fun on the planet making more kids. Do you see how that is supposed to work? We got it all wrong dad. We got to a point where we killed the kids before their born and that is not good for anyone's soul or for that community. The pain & guilt stay with all those who supported the termination. It haunts the soul :( Were living with that Karma and now good Karma will come. Dont get played by the fear virus and death and think only for yourself. If you help others, then no fear :)

1618666943567.png

Last edited:

Just as bad as rest of the country? So they did slightly better without torching the economy and kids like California? Better than ny that returned covid cases into nursing homes then tried to cover it up? Better right now than Michigan?

Ontario is entering a harder lockdown with people (even if vaccinated) allowed to leave their homes only for essential purposes, police empowered to stop anyone on street and to arrest if lack of cooperation, neighbors encouraged to inform on neighbors. I’m sure dad4 would heartily approve.

Ontario is entering a harder lockdown with people (even if vaccinated) allowed to leave their homes only for essential purposes, police empowered to stop anyone on street and to arrest if lack of cooperation, neighbors encouraged to inform on neighbors. I’m sure dad4 would heartily approve.
"Snitch Life" is a new reality show I just coined. If NBC wants to take my idea, I say run with it and I would watch.

To all the little mask snitches. Watch Mr. Brady handle Cindy on youtube and her snitching on Alice hugging the mailman. I can't wait to watch, "Snitch Life." Losers!!!

Just as bad as rest of the country? So they did slightly better without torching the economy and kids like California? Better than ny that returned covid cases into nursing homes then tried to cover it up? Better right now than Michigan?
Actually slightly worse than CA. But better than the national average. (Because the national average includes NY/NJ)

Considerably worse than places which actually enforced their mask and distance rules.

You can say “we’re allowing half a million seniors to die because people need jobs and we want to keep the economy open”. That is honest.

You can say “we’re allowing a half million seniors to die because we don’t want to have a police presence capable of enforcing our public health laws”. That is also honest.

But “protect seniors while allowing an uncontrolled respiratory pandemic” is just bull shit. You don’t get to say you are “protecting seniors“ at the same time you are allowing them to die.

Actually slightly worse than CA. But better than the national average. (Because the national average includes NY/NJ)

Considerably worse than places which actually enforced their mask and distance rules.

You can say “we’re allowing half a million seniors to die because people need jobs and we want to keep the economy open”. That is honest.

You can say “we’re allowing a half million seniors to die because we don’t want to have a police presence capable of enforcing our public health laws”. That is also honest.

But “protect seniors while allowing an uncontrolled respiratory pandemic” is just bull shit. You don’t get to say you are “protecting seniors“ at the same time you are allowing them to die.
scammer

You're arguing against someone whose only yardstick is Covid. When has he even compared employment rates, business closures etc? If he looked at that he'd seem dramatic differences between states like California and Florida as opposed to the minor differences in Covid.

Bravo to Bill Maher

You're arguing against someone whose only yardstick is Covid. When has he even compared employment rates, business closures etc? If he looked at that he'd seem dramatic differences between states like California and Florida as opposed to the minor differences in Covid.
The covid competent countries are also doing well economically. Better than any part of the US, whether red or blue.

So, if your yardstick is unemployment rate, we should have enforced our borders and public health rules like Australia and New Zealand enforced theirs.

Economically, their policies worked and ours did not.

If we were really planning on being honest we’d also take into account years of life saved but no one is comfortable having THAT conversation

"78% of those hospitalized, ventilated, or dead from covid are overweight... Imagine how many lives could have been saved if there had been some national campaign a la Michelle Obama's Let's Move Program with the currency of the pandemic behind it"
I'm down to 183 EOTL. I told you years ago to be truthful and honest and you didnt listen. The truth will set you free bro :)

Back