AYSO United?

Fair. But the UCLA girl apparently has her picture up as a team member and for some (many?) parents and a few (some?) players, it's not so much about actually playing in college as about getting on the preferential athletic admission track. Heck, some 2nd and 3rd goalkeepers won't see the field in a game ever.
The question I keep asking myself while watching this unfold is, "does being on the athletic admission track really help your application that much?" For a superstar recruit, I get it, "this kid will help us beat State..." But for a run-of-the-mill player (or perennial bench warmer (or non actual player with an "athlete" * next to their name)) Does it really justify paying that much money and risking getting caught?

I guess some parents thought so...

At this point........You are either a trolling us, or it is 100% your fault.
LOL. I had to lookup trolling. But I promise you I am not trolling you or any one. I just love kids and want them to get treated better. They should not be treated as a business. What I fail to understand if they have a losing season all the players leave and if they have a winning season they are cut from the team.

Scratching my head here because you have a high school goalkeeper so you've clearly been through the process before yet seem very surprised by all this (shenanigans?).

You seem to have made 2 assumptions. 1. That United is somehow different than other clubs because they are AYSO and say they follow the 6 philosophies. For all the marketing, they really aren't all that different (they may someday, but that's a pretty big "if"). MWN maybe right that maybe the coach thinks this is the best thing for your son's development. I'm more cynical, but at least they gave you a spot. Most clubs wouldn't have gone that far.

2. "We were all a family". I fell for that line our first year with a non-United club. Soccer is like a family....but it's a highly dysfunctional one with an abusive father, crazy bipolar mother, and kid that keeps getting thrown out of school for fighting. Your eyes are open now. You and your child have a choice: pick yourselves up and accept it for what it is (and maybe find a situation which is better...though another warning: almost no place is perfect), or move on from this mess that is called youth soccer.

p.s. for how much of a mess see the thread about people bribing college coaches to place their kids on the teams.
That is the truth, great answer. and the best answer I got was this and finding a coach that likes your kids ability. It doesn't matter which Club. I will be searching for that coach and any recommendations from everyone here will be greatly appreciated.

At the risk of derailing the thread. This wasn't to put the kids on the actual teams, it was to put the fact that they were a recruit on their application. Many of the kids had never even played the sport before...
What will stop them from paying off someone to put their kids in a winning team? When the kids that actually made the effort to get the team to the next level gets kicked out.

The question I keep asking myself while watching this unfold is, "does being on the athletic admission track really help your application that much?" For a superstar recruit, I get it, "this kid will help us beat State..." But for a run-of-the-mill player (or perennial bench warmer (or non actual player with an "athlete" * next to their name)) Does it really justify paying that much money and risking getting caught?

I guess some parents thought so...
Those are the parents with money. They never spend time with their kids so they just want to buy them thinks. I am lucky that I can dedicate my time to my kids. I tell them about needs and wants. We are grateful for providing them their needs.

What will stop them from paying off someone to put their kids in a winning team? When the kids that actually made the effort to get the team to the next level gets kicked out.
College doesn't have promotion and relegation.

That aside, you seem to think your situation is unique, but it happens all the time with every club at every level (from AYSO to professionals). When a team moves up in class, it needs better players to compete. It also attracts better players, which makes it tough for players near the bottom who often get cut.

College doesn't have promotion and relegation.

That aside, you seem to think your situation is unique, but it happens all the time with every club at every level (from AYSO to professionals). When a team moves up in class, it needs better players to compete. It also attracts better players, which makes it tough for players near the bottom who often get cut.
Would something terrible happen to the club if they allowed the players that got them to move up a class to stay on the team for another year?
Wouldn't you think that would be a proper way of treating kids. I hope I am being clear that we are talking about 12 year old kids.
I would definitely agree with you if they were adults.

post the video or a link, enough of us will watch it.

Would something terrible happen to the club if they allowed the players that got them to move up a class to stay on the team for another year?
Wouldn't you think that would be a proper way of treating kids. I hope I am being clear that we are talking about 12 year old kids.

To me it depends on the coach's goals. If he is trying to develop while also being competitive and win, then he may change out players if a better one comes around.

If just trying to develop/have fun and don't care AS much about winning, then sure maybe keep the same players and move up.

Key is don't ever put all your faith in anything club, you will always be disappointed.

Just find a good coach like others have said and get your son to improve whether it's with ayso or not. Move on and don't stress too much about the 6 principles.

Maybe get a private trainer for him and join a rival club in silver. Let your son use this as motivation IF he wants and show the coach he made a mistake and get better.

To me it depends on the coach's goals. If he is trying to develop while also being competitive and win, then he may change out players if a better one comes around.

If just trying to develop/have fun and don't care AS much about winning, then sure maybe keep the same players and move up.

Key is don't ever put all your faith in anything club, you will always be disappointed.

Just find a good coach like others have said and get your son to improve whether it's with ayso or not. Move on and don't stress too much about the 6 principles.

Maybe get a private trainer for him and join a rival club in silver. Let your son use this as motivation IF he wants and show the coach he made a mistake and get better.
Thank you all for your feedback. I hope I was not that much of a headache for all of you. I am very very sorry trying to make my points and I got great advice from most everyone in return. If any parents that need information about AYSO United South OC just reply to my posts and would love to share the truth with you from my experience this past year, it was not that bad but it had a kick in the bud at the end, LOL. But everyone here has been helpful to me.

When your kid made the team, he took another kid's spot. The coach thinks your son will develop better playing with the bronze 05s, which will give the 06s an extra spot to develop another player. I see that as AYSO doing exactly what it's supposed to do: developing both your son and the other player who takes his spot.

When your kid made the team, he took another kid's spot. The coach thinks your son will develop better playing with the bronze 05s, which will give the 06s an extra spot to develop another player. I see that as AYSO doing exactly what it's supposed to do: developing both your son and the other player who takes his spot.
Thank you for the reply. As I mentioned on an other post 4 players had left the team so my son was chosen to play on the team. If we had left the team I belief the coach had every right and could have picked another player, but in this case he should have had the chance to play another year since they did not move to a higher class in the 06s in the previous years.
It is just logical and ethical to give kids that courtesy whether they are good or bad once they are in a team.
Then the following year definitely it would have been the coaches decision to cut anyone he wanted if they did not move to a higher class.
My point is it is all about the timing of a decision we make as adults for kids.

Thank you for the reply. As I mentioned on an other post 4 players had left the team so my son was chosen to play on the team. If we had left the team I belief the coach had every right and could have picked another player, but in this case he should have had the chance to play another year since they did not move to a higher class in the 06s in the previous years.
It is just logical and ethical to give kids that courtesy whether they are good or bad once they are in a team.
Then the following year definitely it would have been the coaches decision to cut anyone he wanted if they did not move to a higher class.
My point is it is all about the timing of a decision we make as adults for kids.

How about that video you wanted to post?

Isn't this what happened? The season ended and your kid was cut. I'm not getting even what your complaint is. Competitive teams cut kids. If they didn't, they wouldn't be competitive.

How about that video you wanted to post?
I emailed it to MWN please ask him about my sons ability, what he wrote to me is "From a skill perspective, he appears to have the same level of skill as his teammates." Sorry I can not share it with every one and he was the first one to provide me with his email and was a silver level member on the forum so I trusted him.

The one overwhelming advise from people on this forum is to make your team decision based on the coach, not the club.

You need to have a coach that you trust, and in return he believes in your kid. It sounds like you have neither in this situation. It's time to move on and find a better situation for your kid. It really doesn't matter the club in question is AYSO United, CSL Flight 1, or Manchester United (see Pogba vs Mourinho).

Best of luck.
This is great advice. Just like a school its all about the teacher you have not about the rest. Choose a coach that nurtures and challenges your child in an appropriate manner, believes in them and gets to know them, and challenges them to perform better. We just left a coach that couldn't do any of the above.

Back