Arsenal FC (Girls) - New ECNL Director

Saw them playing today at Surf Cup. Sloppy soccer, tight and forceful play, no possession, no passing. Players yelling at their own teammates...a mess. Then you’ve got Randy’s old manager telling the coach what to do. Girls don’t even listen to the coach...doing what they want on the field, and it shows.
Which age group?

Saw them playing today at Surf Cup. Sloppy soccer, tight and forceful play, no possession, no passing. Players yelling at their own teammates...a mess. Then you’ve got Randy’s old manager telling the coach what to do. Girls don’t even listen to the coach...doing what they want on the field, and it shows.
Signs of a team that may fall apart...shame thanks to 1 person. RB

Signs of a team that may fall apart...shame thanks to 1 person. RB
RB is not to blame. He tried very hard to make something happen and unfortunately, the chips didn't fall in his favor. He truly cared and wanted the best for the girls. The team will not fall apart but will need to work extra hard this year. Obviously from our showing at Surf Cup, it will be an uphill battle all season.

RB is not to blame. He tried very hard to make something happen and unfortunately, the chips didn't fall in his favor. He truly cared and wanted the best for the girls. The team will not fall apart but will need to work extra hard this year. Obviously from our showing at Surf Cup, it will be an uphill battle all season.
What the girls really need is a club that they can call home seeing that they are not associated with anyone.

Has to be tough for the players who up until recently thought they were playing as stikers.
This is the oddest part of the story. Hard to fathom a misunderstanding, but anything is possible. Did no parent nor player ask or even wonder what was going to happen to the existing Strikers team/players? The soccer world is pretty small. My DD knows players on pretty much every Socal team she faces, and keeps in touch through social media with many of them.

I hope for the best for the players who stuck with it. I do not buy the new coach letting a parent control the game, and his style of play is pretty consistent with the college game. It may not be what they expected, but if they put in the effort (and can keep him focused on the team as well) their future outcomes are still likely to be very positive.

I do not think was the Arsenal team at Surf,Randy was with his team at Nationals in Texas.

Yes, Rich Boon passed away early this morning of a heart attack. The girls came together tonight. Thoughts and prayer for his wife and those impacted by this shocking loss.
Soccer aside, there are some hurting girls and families tonight.

Only had the opportunity to know Rich for a short time. My daughter really liked him and he was great to us. He will be truly missed by all those who were fortunate enough to know him. RIP good sir.

Back