Arsenal Challenge 2020 in Arizona 10/9-10/11

In the 07 age group there are 2 teams from the same club playing each other on a Friday night. They even have the same coach.
I don't fault anyone here for trying to get in games these days.
You would think the organizers would have put a Slammers/CFA team in each bracket, it makes no sense to have two CFA in one and two Slammers in the other :rolleyes:

Also playing is @Hodari little fifi, the 2012 goat and we have our 2010 goalie. Should be exciting. For me it’s all about the defense of the 2011 team and how the Gaffer moves his pieces. Switching my DD from defense to offense and vice versa. Exciting to finally see some grass field 9v9 games. We’ve been doing arena soccer way too long. :D
2012 playing up two years is super goat and only the great OM has pulled that off? Actually, she played up maybe 3 or 4 years so fifi has something to challenge herself to. Fabi and Fifi is what I'm talking about. I personally love it when teams form organically like this little team you put together. This is a Goat FC team so to speak @Luis Andres? Gaffer is so good at coming in at the right time in big pressure moments. Tad would give more of the Zen magic to the goats. However, if Zen wasn't working, the Gaffer would have to jump in and offer up his version of "robo coach." I swear when we were down in the old days, all of us parents would be begging inside our little competitive minds that the Gaffer would move some pieces and challenge a goat to not slack off by calling her out in front of teammates. I hope you guys win and good luck. Our ECNL Showcase in AZ is on and schedules are out and games will be played.

Yes. Finally gave up on the bunker. :)
Proud of you! After AZ last weekend you realize that everyone still wears masks(when not socially distanced) and life really can resume to some extent. And it was so refreshing to see the joy on the kids faces playing the game they love. Oh yeah, and it meant the world to the parents to see the kids happy. We only have a finite amount of years left to see them play as a team, then they fly the nest...

Yes. Finally gave up on the bunker. :)
I got a video just for you dad. First, great job bro and way to make it happen for your goat. She will appreciate it. My dd thanked me for helping her through all this. Secondly, time to take some chances, within reason of course :)

Welcome to the Darkside...
82a2b29bc1d70f83a9ccc6ae79b5d013.jpg

it’s going to be an interesting tournament. A hybrid 2011/2010 team playing in the Gold 2010 division. With the 1-2 power punch of Fabi & Miki Watch out for these 2, they have been playing arena soccer embarrassing the boys all summer, doing track as well. They are fast and have plenty of stamina. Yesterday they did 3 hours of track and then played 2 40 minute games back to back vs older boys
Amazing!!! Fabi, Fifi and Miki. Talk about 1, 2, and 3 punch. I know some girls have quit altogether and that is sad. One time, my dd old team scrimmaged a boys team from El Monte, Ca. They were 05s and we were 04s to be clear. We beat them 6-4 and I swear those dads let their boys have it. Firs off, one boy cried because my dd scored on him twice. New GK came in and settled things down a bit. After the game, many dads of the boys came up and shook my hand and said congrats and were good sports about it. The boys felt humbled is all I can say. Lesson learned for everyone :)

it’s going to be an interesting tournament. A hybrid 2011/2010 team playing in the Gold 2010 division. With the 1-2 power punch of Fabi & Miki Watch out for these 2, they have been playing arena soccer embarrassing the boys all summer, doing track as well. They are fast and have plenty of stamina. Yesterday they did 3 hours of track and then played 2 40 minute games back to back vs older boys

Careful with overdoing it with track and soccer. This could lead to injuries in their joints especially for young girls that are growing into teenage years.

Seco
Careful with overdoing it with track and soccer. This could lead to injuries in their joints especially for young girls that are growing into teenage years.
Second that. One if my kids was out for months with knee trouble from too many games and not enough rest. Easy to have too much of a good thing.

The great Tad once told me that top soccer player and part time track runner is no bueno for body and muscles. Soccer+Track= Injuries. I agree but my dd will do whatever she wants within reason. I told her to bail on track. Thank God she listen to me for once :) She loves that race and is bored with the rest.

Isn’t great when the boys team parents complain about playing against girls and then the girls come out and give them a whooping. lol. It happens a lot :p Miki is another special 2010 player. Built very similar to fabi. She was the Slammers 2010 goat. Now with Blues.
I know a dad with a "Hana" bro that might be looking to join and make the Fab 5 next year. Blues continue to amaze me with how they build from the back in the younger years and find all these goats to make super goat teams. I see what they do now. They take "the goat" from another team and that's why their all goats at Blues?. Dads always tell me I'm clueless about the term, "goat." I hope they understand now :) True story Luis about the great Mia Hamm. Her college coach said she was good but got really really good when she started dating one of the boy soccer players. Anzel said that she started playing one on one with her boyfriend and some ball against the mens team and he said she became the goat at that time because the boys pushed her hard and she had to take her game to the highest of levels to hang with the men and hang she did. Mia rocks!!!

I’ve been reading that doing multiple sports is good to prevent injuries. She’s talking about trying volleyball next.
Volleyball is excellent. I see #2 blocking spikes and pounding spikes. Track is no good bro for soccer players, trust me. If you take any other advice from me Luis, get out of track. Good luck and please post scores.

Nothing better than being challenged. It’s tough to find good girls at her age level. 1 year up is good 2 years up is a little dangerous. There is a big difference between 10 and 12 years old, especially for the ones that have taken that growth leap. From 8-10 is not that big of a deal and I encourage it. But after they turn 12/13 they can play way up. Girls usually peak at 13/14. OM used to play up 2-3 years but she was already 12/13
Girls growth peak at 16 and 17 in soccer according to Tad bro and I agree 100% because I see now :)

Back