Anyone know someone with Corona?

Ansu Fati

SILVER
Wife's friend is an ER doc in Seattle and former Big 10 football player and he's on a ventilator right now fighting for his life. He's only 45 and was otherwise very healthy.
So sorry to hear that. Wishing he pulls through.

Very alarming.

Do you know if he is overweight/obese?

Other thought is he may be exposed to high viral loads given his line of work putting him at higher risk. As someone who has friends, colleagues, and relatives who work in ERs and ICUs, this concerns me, especially with reports of PPE running low at hospitals already.

Very alarming.

Other thought is he may be exposed to high viral loads given his line of work putting him at higher risk. As someone who has friends, colleagues, and relatives who work in ERs and ICUs, this concerns me, especially with reports of PPE running low at hospitals already.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought being overweight was a benefit in face of a long illness - lifeboat survivor syndrome?

Very alarming.

Not at all. Former lineman who got below 200 after he graduated. Definitely got it from work.

watfly

GOLD
My father has it. He's 82 and was in a rehab facility recovering from surgery in New York City. He's in a regular hospital now with double pneumonia. So far his vitals seem okay, but the unknowns are still too unknown to make any diagnosis.
Yikes, best wishes for a speedy recovery for your Dad.

It's going to be interesting once this is all said and done to see what variables impacted the severity of the virus in different communities. I'm hoping SoCal is on the same timeline as NYC and not a week or two behind where we will follow their path.

Yikes, best wishes for a speedy recovery for your Dad.

It's going to be interesting once this is all said and done to see what variables impacted the severity of the virus in different communities. I'm hoping SoCal is on the same timeline as NYC and not a week or two behind where we will follow their path.
NYC is in the sweet spot weather wise for the transmission of it, is very reliant on public transportation, and has people living on top of each other in high density, so yes they will run ahead of us and will probably end up getting hit harder than us. The bright news about SoCal is that the governor probably put us in lockdown just at the right time, BUT when the lockdown is removed it will go back to transmitting (and we can't lock up the city for 18+ months until a vaccine). So LA will likely be more of a slow burn (maybe well into the summer) than NYC, and NYC is in for a rough couple of weeks.