Anyone in the know hear or know anything about ECNL/ECRL "season"

Footy30

SILVER ELITE
To repeat what the title says....
Anyone in the know.. have anything they'd like to share about the ECNL/ECRL "season"?? Specifically SW conference
Probably not, but just thought I'd ask...

Anyone in the know.. have anything they'd like to share about the ECNL/ECRL "season"?? Specifically SW conference

SW ECNL will get some out of state games in later March after HS season for those states.

National events going for east boys in florida later this month. Tuscon, AZ planned for 2/26-8 for the boys and Davis 4/9-11 for SW. Girls have phoenix 4/9-11.

ECRL appears to have no schedules or places to play. There has been talk of hosting some of the games out of state, but canceled after latest restrictions, venues not available.

League play is undetermined but at least there are many Showcase Events already scheduled:
TX 2/13-15
AZ 4/9-11
SC 5/7-9
NJ 5/29-31

Nobody’s playing until the region is orange and/or the state revises youth soccer guidelines again.
Except games have already been played in AZ this fall. No reason the ECNL games cannot be played in Nevada and AZ. The season will go on because it has to. The rest of the country is playing ECNL league games so if the SW conference wants to compete at Nationals, they will find a way to play.

I know there are some Heat teams heading to the Florida showcase this weekend but not sure if any other SW clubs are going.

Team list(s) doesn't show any but not sure how updated those are:

For the girls similar:

Although listed as national events seems more like regional participation this season.

Massachusetts rules were so limiting this fall (no contact, no throw ins, etc.) that all the ECNL games were played out of state. FC Stars v. Scorpions (both MA teams) played each other in NH and all the games against the CT, NY & NJ teams were played on the road. About half the games were “neutral site” games. For example my D’s 2007 Scorpions team played PDA (from NJ) in New York as a double header against World Class. SUSA & East Meadow (from NY) drove up to CT and my D’s team played their “home” games there. Got 7 out of 8 fall games in. Not a single one in MA.

Except games have already been played in AZ this fall. No reason the ECNL games cannot be played in Nevada and AZ. The season will go on because it has to. The rest of the country is playing ECNL league games so if the SW conference wants to compete at Nationals, they will find a way to play.
How many games did SoCal teams get in, and did every ECNL club play?
NorCal hasn’t played any ECNL league games. The state guidance says “Teams must not participate in out-of-state tournaments”. It doesn’t say games...I wonder if that verbiage leaves room to play a single opponent out of state.

NorCal hasn’t played any ECNL league games. The state guidance says “Teams must not participate in out-of-state tournaments”. It doesn’t say games...I wonder if that verbiage leaves room to play a single opponent out of state.
SW had only a handful.

we are planning on Houston but pretty sure that won’t happen. DD is 03 ECRL but a junior. any suggestions where she can be put in a player pool for tournaments to be seen?

[/QUOTEH

HMMMM! I like where your going with this!

My DDs 05 SW ECNL team has played a grand total of (5) games since September; two league games and three in the November showcase (all in AZ). We opted out of Surf Cup and the Florida showcase...aside from the occasional scrimmage, our next “game” won’t happen until mid-February (so we’ve been told). Understand the rationale, but certainly frustrating when I read results from ECNL games continually happening in other parts of the country

My DDs 05 SW ECNL team has played a grand total of (5) games since September; two league games and three in the November showcase (all in AZ). We opted out of Surf Cup and the Florida showcase...aside from the occasional scrimmage, our next “game” won’t happen until mid-February (so we’ve been told). Understand the rationale, but certainly frustrating when I read results from ECNL games continually happening in other parts of the country
Will your February games bee in California or are you guys planning on going to Texas showcase!

Back