Any CO people here?

Speed

GOLD
Am looking for someone to share CO soccer information with me. Considering a move this summer to Denver area and have a soon to be freshman and junior. Or are there helpful forums to read? It appears the soccer process may be different there than here. Thank you.

I think I am the lone CO soccer voice on here. This is THE forum for soccer discussions in general and applies to our situation that my youngest dd faces Da/dpl/ECNL. I would love to offer any insights.

I think I am the lone CO soccer voice on here. This is THE forum for soccer discussions in general and applies to our situation that my youngest dd faces Da/dpl/ECNL. I would love to offer any insights.
thank you! can you give me lay of the land? I have a girl playing ECRL this year (wow she's U18 but only going to be a junior) and a flight 1 boy (U16). who are the significant clubs and practice field locations? how does the tryout process work in CO? we are in very beginning stages and I have lived in CA for past 20 years but CO native so will need to figure school districts as well. What is CO soccer looking like in light of COVID? Open to all information...the good, bad and ugly.....

Thank you Dominic!
The CO landscape has changed with the rise and fall of DA. We had Real, Rush, Storm and Rapids all fielding good teams in the Metro area. Storm went bankrupt and was absorbed by Rapids and that left Real and Rush with DA teams and Real and Rapids fielding ECNL teams. Now the 2 significant clubs are Real and Rapids. Rush is sputtering. Since you have lived here, I guess the best way to geographically describe the 2 clubs would be based on which county you choose to live in. Real is in the south end (Douglas County), while Rapids is where Storm was (Arapahoe County-I believe). The Real complex is near Centennial Airport and the practice fields are in Highlands Ranch. Rapids most likely are at Gates (Arapahoe/Peoria or at Dove Valley). I can confirm this if you like. The Big dog on the girls side is Real. Most of the former DA teams from 02-05's are generally playoff teams for their age groups and the second teams are usually top third to middle third, competition wise. The Rapids teams are also very competitive and have great coaches. They absorbed the good Storm coaches and recently grabbed the really solid Rush coaches.
Douglas County and Cherry Creek schools are high scholastic performers and have great athletics. High school soccer is going to be even better in the coming years. When we moved here in 04, we checked Great Schools to help us figure out the best schools and moved into them. I would suggest that you scour CHSAA and Maxpreps to determine the most successful schools on both the boys and girls sides. CHSAA is the governing body for high school sports and usually the best competition is found in the larger 5A and 4A schools. My dd is going to be a Jr. next year and they are looking at possibly having all 11 players having DA/ECNL backgrounds. There are 4 HS's in Highlands Ranch and 3 out of 4 could be in the same boat. We were prepped for a return to small sided practices next week but that has been stalled until further notice. Now for some bad news-it is/was a seller's market here. Pre-Covid there were bidding wars and stuff went real quick. But coming from CA you may not faint at the asking prices. If you choose the south end, new homes have been built from Roxborough, out west all the way out to Parker out east, generally in the 500-700k range.

Coffee has finally kicked in, so Real is scheduled for tryouts on June 15 and it looks like Rapids has kickarounds scheduled about the same time. The Rapids ECNL DOC's on both sides are GREAT coaches imho. You really can't go wrong with either Real or Rapids.

Thank you Dominic!
The CO landscape has changed with the rise and fall of DA. We had Real, Rush, Storm and Rapids all fielding good teams in the Metro area. Storm went bankrupt and was absorbed by Rapids and that left Real and Rush with DA teams and Real and Rapids fielding ECNL teams. Now the 2 significant clubs are Real and Rapids. Rush is sputtering. Since you have lived here, I guess the best way to geographically describe the 2 clubs would be based on which county you choose to live in. Real is in the south end (Douglas County), while Rapids is where Storm was (Arapahoe County-I believe). The Real complex is near Centennial Airport and the practice fields are in Highlands Ranch. Rapids most likely are at Gates (Arapahoe/Peoria or at Dove Valley). I can confirm this if you like. The Big dog on the girls side is Real. Most of the former DA teams from 02-05's are generally playoff teams for their age groups and the second teams are usually top third to middle third, competition wise. The Rapids teams are also very competitive and have great coaches. They absorbed the good Storm coaches and recently grabbed the really solid Rush coaches.
Douglas County and Cherry Creek schools are high scholastic performers and have great athletics. High school soccer is going to be even better in the coming years. When we moved here in 04, we checked Great Schools to help us figure out the best schools and moved into them. I would suggest that you scour CHSAA and Maxpreps to determine the most successful schools on both the boys and girls sides. CHSAA is the governing body for high school sports and usually the best competition is found in the larger 5A and 4A schools. My dd is going to be a Jr. next year and they are looking at possibly having all 11 players having DA/ECNL backgrounds. There are 4 HS's in Highlands Ranch and 3 out of 4 could be in the same boat. We were prepped for a return to small sided practices next week but that has been stalled until further notice. Now for some bad news-it is/was a seller's market here. Pre-Covid there were bidding wars and stuff went real quick. But coming from CA you may not faint at the asking prices. If you choose the south end, new homes have been built from Roxborough, out west all the way out to Parker out east, generally in the 500-700k range.
Great info on CO bro. My buddy from the YP days moved to Highlands Ranch and then a few more moved to HR. They all love it there and I used to see their pics all the time on FB. My wife and I almost "checked" it out in 2003. That Real CO 04' team is tough with maybe a future WNT player on that team. I just talked to my neighbor and he and his wifey and two kids are out of here and are moving to CO. I will ask what city. He said he can;t take it anymore in Cali and wants to be free and be outdoors. I can say when I see my old pal and his peace, I get a little jealous. However, I love the Beach and I have to Surf even though I get Slammers and Slammers some more when I hit the shore break hard. Real So Cal Elite Surfing Club will be coming soon with beach soccer. Socal Blues oceans are a site to be scene. I know I'm a Legend in my own mind, but heck, if your not Gunners for the best, then why try being the best Strikers off all time? Where some of the beaches have some big Breakers and the Sharks are always trying kill us in the water, we must sore like the Eagles and never give up :) I know I'm a Rebels and take a lot of Heat from some of you, let's all try and find the middle grown so we can reboot this planet. Lying and cheating seem to be the #1 issue. Let's try and just do a white lie and leave the dangerous and evil lies out and we should be all good. The sun is always Rising in the East and I will always carry my Arsenal with me :)

16 in the SW ECNL Conference ((Mr Lavers, unless I'm out of the loop, we need Beach & Legends top teams added to the 2020-2021 season))

West Coast Division
Beach FC
LAFC
Real Socal
Socal Blues
LA Breakers
Strikers
Eagles
Slammers

Desert Division
San Diego Surf
Arsenal AZ
Phoenix Rising
Rebels
Del mar Sharks
Las Vegas Heat
Legends
Arsenal Inland Empire

Watch out for the 05 team too, they are lights out quick and fun to watch. We have a unique mix, training in high altitude, great coaches and a mix of Native Coloradans and a whole bunch of CA and TX imports. We are small and laid back but our Real and Rapids teams can play, just not soon enough :(.

Watch out for the 05 team too, they are lights out quick and fun to watch. We have a unique mix, training in high altitude, great coaches and a mix of Native Coloradans and a whole bunch of CA and TX imports. We are small and laid back but our Real and Rapids teams can play, just not soon enough :(.
Amen brother. My dd has a friend going to Boulder and they said the sports facilities are amazing and it's truly a college town. Good luck in CO and I hope to grab that beer with you some day :)

Back