Another soccer brawl...

Just take out your phone and yell. “ hey idiot parents, you are now on YouTube live for the world to see what a bunch of pathetic losers you are”. That will stop them to listen to you ..... but then again you will get punched unfortunately.

even that’s not a great incentive. If it were people would put their shopping carts in the corral for fear of being cart narqed.

Certified to deal with that behavior? Not in my class.

Your class didn't cover the material, then. Immediately show up on the scene, whistling multiple times, multiple verbal warnings including telling the kid in question that he/she will cause their team to forfeit if they don't stop, coaches entering the field will reinforce this, physical restraint starts with one hand to interrupt aggression, more verbal warnings, then coaches may pull their player away.

In the heat of the moment it may be different but coaches should show up on scene to separate their player and it is the coaches responsibility to make sure that player leaves the field; hand them off to parents and tell them to take him/her home.

Your class didn't cover the material, then. Immediately show up on the scene, whistling multiple times, multiple verbal warnings including telling the kid in question that he/she will cause their team to forfeit if they don't stop, coaches entering the field will reinforce this, physical restraint starts with one hand to interrupt aggression, more verbal warnings, then coaches may pull their player away.

In the heat of the moment it may be different but coaches should show up on scene to separate their player and it is the coaches responsibility to make sure that player leaves the field; hand them off to parents and tell them to take him/her home.
So what? You are telling me what happens in some ideal class that may not even exist.

Explicit instruction on how to physically restrain a player who is assaulting another player? One hand, versus two? When such restraint is and is not appropriate? Whether to ask coaches to remove players or focus on keeping the bench out of it?

The class, as taught, did not focus on any of that. The class, as taught, told us to stand to the side and blow the whistle.

So what? You are telling me what happens in some ideal class that may not even exist.

Explicit instruction on how to physically restrain a player who is assaulting another player? One hand, versus two? When such restraint is and is not appropriate? Whether to ask coaches to remove players or focus on keeping the bench out of it?

The class, as taught, did not focus on any of that. The class, as taught, told us to stand to the side and blow the whistle.
Assaulting........ Smh

even that’s not a great incentive. If it were people would put their shopping carts in the corral for fear of being cart narqed.
Is this a thing? Cart narc’ing... Can we make it happen?

I never understand how people time it so well that they can walk 6.5 miles around Costco but by the time they drag themselves to their car they are so worn out they can’t walk another 25 steps to the car corral. Impressive body management if you ask me.

I never understand how people time it so well that they can walk 6.5 miles around Costco but by the time they drag themselves to their car they are so worn out they can’t walk another 25 steps to the car corral. Impressive body management if you ask me.

My daughter and I have been looking for years for a word to describe the properly-nested clusters of carts that are not in a cart corral.

Yes, cart narquing is a thing. There's a highly trained, secret organization of agents that goes around video shamming people that leave their carts out.

Was there recently a website of a guy who curated videos of parents behaving badly? I seem to recall he paid money for them too. I wonder if that's still around?

Like many people here, I've been to ref training.

They did not teach jack shit about how to handle a fight.

It was mostly a quick overview of restarts, some good detail on offside calls, and asking us to let them at instead of calling fouls.

Based on what they said, my main tactic to break up a fight is to stand as safe distance away and blow my whistle.

Certified to deal with that behavior? Not in my class.
Same! Licensed ref here as well and no such training in dealing with altercations/fights.

Wasn't a brawl but couple weeks ago heard about a olders league game where there was like 4 consecutive cards handed out in less then ten minutes to the team that was losing.

Center ref had seen enough walks over to coach and tells him and the rest of the players that game will be called early if they don't control themselves. Don't know what the coaches reaction was game eventually continued after some pause and ended in regular time. Loosing team was very upset with the CR and according to what I was told wanted to "beat him". The older players where all larger and bigger vs the CR.

Not sure if this comes from the coach or what but it's crazy to threaten a ref. Hopefully the CR detailed this in his game report and somebody has a talk with the club, coach, and players about respect and they are held accountable.

We need refs so please don't threaten them, cool off and remember once the game is over it's done, no reason to get all mad in in there face.

I usually park by a cart corral because a shopping cart works better than my cane and is not as demeaning as a walker.
I usually park uphill from a cart corral so that I can get two carts and stand with a foot on each coasting down hill like I’ve beat a mythical beast into submission to drive me where I want.

Back