Another sexual assault case

He was an odd person and sadly has several kids including daughters that play sports. Haven’t seen anything come out from either of his most recent clubs. Never leave your kids alone at training or practice

According to the article his name is Beau Barnhart. His website is down but its viewable via the internet archive. Twitter is still active. From what I can tell he liked to promote himself as someone that can make your kid better. (The typical private coach pitch) Interestingly on his site he also tried to position himself as some kind of super business coach that was a member of some invite only business group. His Twitter is full of self promotion and pics of toys. Creepy considering what's going on now. Overall it was obvious he was trying to get himself into positions of power where he gets to choose who gets access and who doesnt.

I feel bad for parents that fall for this kind of BS. (This is a disgusting extreme example) Unfortunately I see a lot of it in the soccer world.

only scratches the surface unfortunately. always, always have adults on the field. who gives a shit if the coaches call you helicopter parents etc..... only takes one pedophile to sneak in and ruin a kids life.
I recently watched the Netflix documentary about USA gymnastics and it got me to thinking that I wouldn’t want my kid to go to a YNT camp if parents aren’t allowed to attend.

What’s the rationale for excluding parents from YNT training/events etc.?

I recently watched the Netflix documentary about USA gymnastics and it got me to thinking that I wouldn’t want my kid to go to a YNT camp if parents aren’t allowed to attend.

If parents can watch, then parents can complain.

Complaints might be reasonable: You had 16 year old girls repeatedly heading balls kicked by grown men, and now my kid has a concussion.

Complaints might be unreasonable: You didn’t put Susie on the team!

I suspect they are worried about the first, and use the second as an excuse. It’s a lame excuse. What coach can’t ignore someone who doesn’t like the roster decisions?

Any time a coach challenges you as a parent or tries to dismiss you is a red flag. Yes, there are parents that are jerks and delusional about their players but there are more coaches that are horrible or pedophiles than these types of parents. The secrecy and the exclusion of parents having a voice are what predators do. If you are a pain in the neck parent that speaks up they leave your daughter alone

only scratches the surface unfortunately. always, always have adults on the field. who gives a shit if the coaches call you helicopter parents etc..... only takes one pedophile to sneak in and ruin a kids life.

Ugh. Closed practices are a no-no. It sounds like you had to deal with this; I'm sorry.

Back