Anaheim Surf Winter Cup

Congrats on another win for the Ladies. Heard the game got a little chippy.

Congrats to Surf, a great team with a really good understanding of tactical strategies. Unfortunately, too many games involving that Slammers Cruz squad ends up with opposing girls exiting the field in tears. It is a regretful approach as it does very little to enhance the long term abilities of the girls wearing burgundy.

Congrats to Surf, a great team with a really good understanding of tactical strategies. Unfortunately, too many games involving that Slammers Cruz squad ends up with opposing girls exiting the field in tears. It is a regretful approach as it does very little to enhance the long term abilities of the girls wearing burgundy.

It all starts with the parents. I heard several parents yelling to their kids at that game to "knock them down" and "trip them!" Also, maybe the refs should send the offending parents off if they continue to observe such sideline behavior? I also noticed at least one kid on the team to get at least two yellow cards over the weekend. Maybe a red card would have been more effective at curbing it?

Totally agree. It's comical how Cruz coaches his 7-year old girls to push and pull. Their girls will run in purely focused on pushing/pulling a player rather than being focused on dispossessing the ball. But I'm thankful for that team since it has taught our girls on how to deal with this sooner than later.

I had to laugh as I overheard one of the parents make the excuse that the girls don't have the right balance yet to be able to control themselves. It all starts with the coach. The parents unfortunately feed into it. The language both verbally and physically from the sideline is a travesty. In the end good soccer wins out. Maybe the coach should learn something from the beatdown.

It all starts with the parents. I heard several parents yelling to their kids at that game to "knock them down" and "trip them!" Also, maybe the refs should send the offending parents off if they continue to observe such sideline behavior? I also noticed at least one kid on the team to get at least two yellow cards over the weekend. Maybe a red card would have been more effective at curbing it?
Cruz was not coaching his team this weekend, disgraceful how rumors get started

Totally agree. It's comical how Cruz coaches his 7-year old girls to push and pull. Their girls will run in purely focused on pushing/pulling a player rather than being focused on dispossessing the ball. But I'm thankful for that team since it has taught our girls on how to deal with this sooner than later.
Not sure if you
I didn't comment on the coach -- I commented on the parents, players, and refs. Also, relaying a first-hand personal observation is not the same as propagating a rumor.
The parents yelling trip them? Come on I'm not trying to defend Slammers but I doubt it .....

I had to laugh as I overheard one of the parents make the excuse that the girls don't have the right balance yet to be able to control themselves. It all starts with the coach. The parents unfortunately feed into it. The language both verbally and physically from the sideline is a travesty. In the end good soccer wins out. Maybe the coach should learn something from the beatdown.
That Team has allways played dirty and Parents are very bad!

Back