*AMC Stock $$$

Dominic

DA
Staff member
Being an AMC stock holder I would like to hear your take on this meme stock.

I personally avoid hype stocks. I'd strongly recommend you do as well.

Yes, you can get lucky and make money off it, but living in that mentality means you will eventually lose big on those types of plays and likely all the gains you made on them.

Check out $NIO, $OPEN, $PLTR, $TSLA, $MSFT

For good strong long term holds. Tech market has been hit HARD this past month and is in a large correction. Excellent buying opportunities in tech everywhere. I've been loading up the last two months.

The true money is made via long term holds.

If you are up on AMC, I would sell, take your profit and load it into the beaten down tech names.

Just my two cents.

Not sure about that $TSLA stock....it's pretty dang overvalued right now. It's being held up by Elon fanboys.

Not even close. TSLA is more than a mere electric car manufacturer. They are also in the energy storage and battery space, including residential and commercial, and infrastructural sustainable energy solutions. It's just the beginning for TESLA IMO....plus with a Biden admin, it's the perfect environment for this company to grow exponentially. I believe Tesla will eventually surpass Amazon as largest cap company in the world.

Add on top of that, movement into the artificial intelligence/autonomous vehicle space. Geez.

All of that speculation is already baked into their market cap right now, which is 663b. Their P/E ratio is absurd as well. While they want to be all those things, they still have a lot to prove. Ford still produces 7-8 times more vehicles in a given year than Tesla. As more auto makers embrace electric vehicles, Tesla will see an increase in competition here. Their solar division hasn't proven itself yet. Also, who isn't working autonomous vehicles at this point? Tesla made 31b last year. To put this in perspective this is less than 10% what Amazon made, yet comparing market caps, TSLA is 33% of what AMZN is at. In the end TSLA's market cap is lifted in a large part to speculation. Could they make all of this stuff happen? Maybe, but I wouldn't put them in the same bucket as MSFT.

All of that speculation is already baked into their market cap right now, which is 663b. Their P/E ratio is absurd as well. While they want to be all those things, they still have a lot to prove. Ford still produces 7-8 times more vehicles in a given year than Tesla. As more auto makers embrace electric vehicles, Tesla will see an increase in competition here. Their solar division hasn't proven itself yet. Also, who isn't working autonomous vehicles at this point? Tesla made 31b last year. To put this in perspective this is less than 10% what Amazon made, yet comparing market caps, TSLA is 33% of what AMZN is at. In the end TSLA's market cap is lifted in a large part to speculation. Could they make all of this stuff happen? Maybe, but I wouldn't put them in the same bucket as MSFT.
Another factor driving the spike in Tesla is their entry to the S&P 500. It was announced in Nov and that led a sustained demand for the stock from funds that track the S&P and that did not have Tesla, or enough Tesla to have their balanced S&P 500 portfolio. You can track from the announcement in Nov and the subsequent rise as the demand for the stock increased from funds which had to buy it.

I agree with the general premise that, based on the numbers, the stock seems way over valued. Based on their output (cars), each one produced has a value of $1M+ or something based on the stock price. They have multiple competitors from basic to luxury, all of whom have a longer history and larger and as loyal customer base.

Just my 0.02

1621353410804.png

Another factor driving the spike in Tesla is their entry to the S&P 500. It was announced in Nov and that led a sustained demand for the stock from funds that track the S&P and that did not have Tesla, or enough Tesla to have their balanced S&P 500 portfolio. You can track from the announcement in Nov and the subsequent rise as the demand for the stock increased from funds which had to buy it.

I agree with the general premise that, based on the numbers, the stock seems way over valued. Based on their output (cars), each one produced has a value of $1M+ or something based on the stock price. They have multiple competitors from basic to luxury, all of whom have a longer history and larger and as loyal customer base.

Just my 0.02

View attachment 10794

Oh great point.

Also, Ford's F-150 lightning announcement today is really going to put a dent into truck fleet sales for Tesla. I mean the cybertruck really wasn't going to compete with F-150s....maybe the Raptor more than anything else. But Ford's announcement is huge.

Then their's the slightly older news about their solar division jacking up prices.

In the end I really do like the tech Elon pushes. I don't care for him too much as a person, but the guy has introduced some good to this world.

Dont get left behind, anything under 30 is still a good buy. A short squeeze is shaping up nicely, should be as good or better than Gamestop.

At my original post date march 17th AMC was at 13$, since it has doubled to 26$. I am predicting at least 100$ within 30 days, although I am not a financial advisor.

Dont get left behind, anything under 30 is still a good buy. A short squeeze is shaping up nicely, should be as good or better than Gamestop.

At my original post date march 17th AMC was at 13$, since it has doubled to 26$. I am predicting at least 100$ within 30 days, although I am not a financial advisor.]

Crushing it! No one else got in?

CNBC is reluctantly covering the so called "Dumb Money"
Crush is not crushing it at all. Lost all his $$$$ on a few bad bets. He did find out who he bet with were actual liars and cheaters but that's all behind me now and Karma already took care of one of them. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose it all. I'm making a come back and have big plans after all the BS is over with. Hey Dom, is this a Bear or a Bull market?

Back