Age Band Change (again)?

That’s absolutely a trend. My kids are the smallest and youngest in their grade. Parents on purpose are holding back kids. Even from an academic perspective some kids need to start school a little older to help them understand the school content.

Going back to the old way doesn’t fix anything.
I am seeing parents have their kids repeat 8th grade. A few are doing it for academic/maturity reasons. But most of the ones I know have done it for athletics. Boys baseball and basketball. A basketball coach at a local private school with an elite program did it with his own kid and pushes the idea on parents of players he wants to recruit.

I am seeing parents have their kids repeat 8th grade. A few are doing it for academic/maturity reasons. But most of the ones I know have done it for athletics. Boys baseball and basketball. A basketball coach at a local private school with an elite program did it with his own kid and pushes the idea on parents of players he wants to recruit.

Or, to be honest, fewer than 10 percent of kids are allowed to use the good sports facilities anyway.

Give varsity athletes the same field access as intramural athletes. If the low skill athletes get no practice space and five games per semester, then that will have to do for the high skill kids, too.

That’s absolutely a trend. My kids are the smallest and youngest in their grade. Parents on purpose are holding back kids. Even from an academic perspective some kids need to start school a little older to help them understand the school content.

Going back to the old way doesn’t fix anything.
It wasn’t by school year disregarding birth dates. It just followed the school calendar. So if your child was born between 8/1/2005 and 7/31/2006 they would be on the u14 team.

The new way did not fix anything accept to force 2nd graders not play with their friends. All of the other discussion is arbitrary noise.

I got news for you, your 2nd grader will not have the same friends in a few years. LOL.

I see your point but my kids benefited from this new rule. They still got to play with their school friends. This is not a topic that we all should spend too much time talking about. This is my last post on this one.

Question??? Did this age band get passed?

No just a rumor by some small town club league in the Midwest. Never really up for any serious discussions beyond that
idiomscommon-idioms-their-origins-1-5-728.jpg

Back