Advice needed joining soccer club and team A VS team B?

The only thing these 3 stooges know less about than youth soccer is politics,

#1 Don't ever listen to Wez, unless you are gay and want to meet him in his own private porta potty.
#2 Don't ever listen to Husker unless you are you need someone to run your life.
#3 Don't ever listen to X, unless you need some fake legal advice.

Find a new high level trainer and have him give his opinion.
Can't you ever just be ernest and real? . . . and what is wrong with female trainers?

you've been doing tryouts for 2 months and there's a bunch of reasons kids other than your kid are being selected? Maybe have an independent observer, somebody other than you, take a look at the kid and see if she should move up or not. I learned a lot that way. parents are always biased.

Oh Boy.......the " New " Spola......

We don’t mind just training and development she just wants to play at faster tempo with kids at her skill level. We even asked to play up just for training and development at faster pace.
See if you can guest play for the team. Sometimes kids play at a different level at games vs practice.

First some history..My child has played Flight 3 for one full season from 2015-2016 and at end of season almost the entire team was disbanded and coach left the club then we went to Flight 2 on a new club from 2016-2017 and again team was disbanded and only 3 kids remained from original team. Now moving forward into 2018-2019 I feel since my child played very well and we played 50 games in total the entire 2017-2018 season and did extra work etc.. My child is a high level player and can do amazing moves and fly past all the top Team A players from our last club and we are still actively looking for a good fit. This club did not offer my child to play at a higher level since spaces are very limited and lots of other plans these coaches and clubs have that I have no idea about. The problem I’m facing is she does not want to play at Team B level and is Team A quality with good mentality and is consistent. I’ve personally seen kids on Flight 2 teams for 3 years and it seems like a burn out if the team keeps getting disbanded might as well do league play or AYSO for that matter. I’ve seen amazing kids be asked to join Flight 2 and Bronze teams that look like they should be recognized as high level players and be placed on high level teams.

Over the last past 2 months during tryouts what I’ve noticed on 4 different soccer clubs is that kids are moving up levels for the following reasons:

1. Kid has an older sibling on same club.
2. Parent plays a big role as team manager.
3. Kid has been playing several years at same club usually 3 or more years.
4. Club could not find talent so they pick a random player at desperate times. (The lucky kid)
5. Club kids will invite friends from previous club they played on sorta as referral.

So how does one move up a level in club soccer and not be dissatisfied at the end of the season?

How old is your kid?
When I was a team manager, I'd get emails from parents asking if they could bring their child out. We always said yes. Take your kid out and start having them practice with the team. After you test the waters a bit, you'll better be able to see what opportunities are out there.

Last edited:
How old is your kid?
When I was a team manager, I'd get emails from parents asking if they could bring their child out. We always said yes. Take your kid out and start having them practice with the team. After you test the waters a bit, and see what opportunities present themselves.
You sound so reasonable, you ok?

Back