ACL Injuries

Sadly no. I see them do the same "warm up" lines that haven't changed since she was 10. I would say her old club did have a proactive ACL exercise routine. Her new coach, recently underwent ACL repair herself, will probably implement some routine into their warm ups and cool downs. If not she will be on board for some introduction to it. I will insist my dd talk to her about this.

Hope to see you and your team at Surf. Hear more teams are start applying.
Too soon for the olders. Especially for those getting ready to sign NLI in November and those hoping to get an offer. Youngers should take the early August spot and the olders the end of August. There are some pretty stupid people running the show.

Too soon for the olders. Especially for those getting ready to sign NLI in November and those hoping to get an offer. Youngers should take the early August spot and the olders the end of August. There are some pretty stupid people running the show.
The Surf Cup is based on college coaches schedules. The success of it for the older age groups is highly dependent on college coaches attendance. College coaches cannot come in late August because they will have games on those weekends. Early August is preseason, and college coaches control their schedule so they can send staff to Surf Cup.

Sadly no. I see them do the same "warm up" lines that haven't changed since she was 10. I would say her old club did have a proactive ACL exercise routine. Her new coach, recently underwent ACL repair herself, will probably implement some routine into their warm ups and cool downs. If not she will be on board for some introduction to it. I will insist my dd talk to her about this.
Right!? My DDs team (including her) now has had 6 ACLs! Our 04 team has had 3 and the 02 team I believe 3-4. You would think the club would put mandatory routines in place. I just don't understand it. All you can do is make sure your DD does it on her own before trainings/games. Prayers up for all girls going through this. My DD is now 100%. 15 months post surgery, but can't train with her team or play games. All dressed up and nowhere to go :(

The Surf Cup is based on college coaches schedules. The success of it for the older age groups is highly dependent on college coaches attendance. College coaches cannot come in late August because they will have games on those weekends. Early August is preseason, and college coaches control their schedule so they can send staff to Surf Cup.
There is a college showcase in November, a much better time to observe players. Players will be in better game shape, plus the NLI will be signed. Surf Cup is a money maker and a tournament to push their brand.

There is a college showcase in November, a much better time to observe players. Players will be in better game shape, plus the NLI will be signed. Surf Cup is a money maker and a tournament to push their brand.
I agree with you on Surf Cup but with this Pandemic going around Tournaments are very important given coaches now having to budget there travel. I would assume most coaches will want all teams at Surf to get a good look at players.

I agree with you on Surf Cup but with this Pandemic going around Tournaments are very important given coaches now having to budget there travel. I would assume most coaches will want all teams at Surf to get a good look at players.
Norco is open Aug 21-23rd. I would give it a 95% chance no tournaments after October. Flu will be big time this winter so close then. Summer heat is when to play with Virus looming in the winter. Actually, safest time to play is now. Vaccine will come right after the election and all will be better. One side will be pissed off some that could be another virus in of itself. Play ball!!!

There is reason to have them in August and November. Talk to college coaches and they will tell you they are way behind in recruiting. Yes, this year there are a lot of obstacles. But if these high school aged players have been training on their own, and they can get in 5-6 weeks of proper training with their teams, August 7-9 is feasible. No one is required to enter the tournament. It is a choice, and one my daughter and her friends are wanting badly to play in.

There is reason to have them in August and November. Talk to college coaches and they will tell you they are way behind in recruiting. Yes, this year there are a lot of obstacles. But if these high school aged players have been training on their own, and they can get in 5-6 weeks of proper training with their teams, August 7-9 is feasible. No one is required to enter the tournament. It is a choice, and one my daughter and her friends are wanting badly to play in.
The problem is there is no way they will get in proper training and be game ready. Game ready would mean having meaningful games and scrimmages over the next month. With one game a week, two if your lucky to get fields, refs. etc. Some might actually have four by the time August rolls around. Remember these players have been off since March. Sure August 7-9 can happen but the players won't be at their best. Injuries will happen then they are out of luck for November. Coaches have players already on their radar at least for the D1 schools. The power 5 have already made many offers to the 04, 03's. The Ivy's won't make offers for the most part until the end of Junior year. Training on your own is not the same as team games. I am sure they are all wanting to play but that is not the point. You are right it is a choice.

Most of the coaches my daughter has been speaking to recently have indicated that all of the August tournaments will be problematic for them to attend. They want her to film the games (if they happen)

College coaches will be at Surf Cup if the NCAA rules allow it. They have to or they miss out on a key event, with the next one not until November.
Copa9, I am curious why you think they need so many scrimmages before a tournament. Surf Cup is not national playoffs. They need to have their first game back at some point. If they get released to scrimmage in training, they can be prepared. Injuries are always a concern, whether it be the first game back or the 20th game back. The players I know are high level players who have been training diligently for months. They have not been off since March. They have been working their tails off.

My dd is one week away from playing in the same local tourney where last year she re-injured her repaired knee. She has been training so hard and has worked her way out of her brace and feels like her old self. She has been doing private training sessions for both strength as well as honing her soccer skills. We have even done local College id camps to replicate real games. Mile High Mom will not even watch her play because she is worried sick. She was at the game last year and saw our dd taken out from behind. This local tourney will not allow parents on the fields so I am hoping my spotting scope from the parking lot will allow me to keep a watchful eye on her. I find great joy watching my dd playing the game she loves so much and has worked so hard to return to. I am sure I will always hover over her and pray.

My dd is one week away from playing in the same local tourney where last year she re-injured her repaired knee. She has been training so hard and has worked her way out of her brace and feels like her old self. She has been doing private training sessions for both strength as well as honing her soccer skills. We have even done local College id camps to replicate real games. Mile High Mom will not even watch her play because she is worried sick. She was at the game last year and saw our dd taken out from behind. This local tourney will not allow parents on the fields so I am hoping my spotting scope from the parking lot will allow me to keep a watchful eye on her. I find great joy watching my dd playing the game she loves so much and has worked so hard to return to. I am sure I will always hover over her and pray.
I keep hearing some really good things in Highlands Ranch and other beautiful areas in CO. I thought I was reading last years post. First off, give your dd a high five from all of us from Cali. I tore my ACL and hated rehab ((had to work full time with stay home mama bear)) and I stopped going. Hugh mistake. I can tell your dd loves the game of soccer. Tell her not to hold back and just go for it. Only one way to play. I 100% hope her ACL is even stronger. I've heard that is the case for some. Now I will confess my jealousy of all of you out in the Mile High. I feel like were getting so ____________________________________________________________________________________________ and if this____________________continues, many were start to______________________________and that will not be good. I hope to have that beer with you some day. Let go of the hovering but always pray. I let me dd drive to practice all by herself last night for the first time. I stayed home and played with my wife instead :) It was awesome. My dd came home and feels all independent and the coolest things she siad was this. "Thanks dad for trusting me tonight. I still want you to come some times and watch. I like our talks on the way to practice." Letting go as a dad is hard to do but the rewards I got last night was insane.

That is awesome. My dd has been driving to her practices since Jan., boy was that a tough one to let go. She drives her late Grandma's old car so we now she has a guardian angel with her. I am still hopeful for Surf, sometime or whenever it happens and am really looking forward to ECNL and to HS seasons. We have to believe we will all get past this and we can once again be on the sidelines or parking lots or at the end of some video feed. Our kiddos need to get out and play!

Silver lining, only thing positive is that all of our dd’s have more time to recover and get strong from this terrible Injury. My dd is 18 months out and has been good to go for the past 12 months but her recovery can only benefit from this delay.
My DD is 110% if it were possible. Chomping at the bit to play. Strong, fit and hungry. Hopefully it will be safe enough to at least scrimmage sometime soon as she is now almost 18 months out of surgery and has had no set backs or issues (God willing it stays that way).

Praying for your DD! Hope it goes amazing for her and that your scope works.

Back