ACL Injuries

First game starting in Fort Collins Arsenal Cup
Colorado style, just players and coaches on the field. Of course the field most furthest away. View attachment 8716.
That is awesome bro. I'm so happy for you and your dd. My dd drove two practices in a row all by herself and today she said, "dad, want to come watch me practice." Even tough guy like me and get a little emotional from time to time. I miss are bonding times together in the car rides. I dont know, but we have grown so much the last two years. She got her picture ID in the mail and was so excited. If we all get together at showcase someday, let's drink to life!!!

Everyone, a real scrimmage is happening right now as I type this on a message board in socal. There is hope after all. You guys rock. So happy for you and Texas and AZ. You guys get soccer and many new folks with jobs and players. Socal will not be the mecca of soccer anymore because the exodus has started.

Who you guys playing bro? Dang, easy on the other team. No mercy I see.
It was the local host team.
Reals top team and the other CSprings ECNL teams are in the other bracket. We will play 2 other local teams before we will get to play our top team. Boy I hope they will show some mercy on Sunday.

9-1 with 5 minutes left
DD assist in first few minutes and a goal, fun to watch thru Binos. Live feed was wonky, terrible WiFi up here
If you don't mind, any games are filmed can you send me the video of games. With no games going on here in California watching a game should be fun. Just DM me if you. don't mind.Thanks

We only got 2 games in this weekend. Sunday, we drove the hour and a half to the fields, they got to warm up and were going to play 30 min halves due to the fires both in CA and CO. We played 10 mins and we told it was way too smokey. We are used to it, between snow storms, lightning storms and brush fires, Mother Nature lets us know who is boss. Oh well, it was fun to finally watch some soccer finally. Now if ECNL and Blues can get finalized, at least soccer life can return to our new normal. And as always, time helps our recovering dd's.

Saw this article regarding the NFL / turf fields on The Athletic (amazing soccer journalism btw). NFL did some testing of specific cleat patterns and ranked them from best to worst in terms of best permitting release when loaded on a turf field. You can compare these patterns to soccer cleats pretty easily.

Attachments

• nfl_cleatposter_042519a.pdf
    271 KB · Views: 45
  • NFL Impact Turf.pdf
    147.5 KB · Views: 31
My DD tore her ACL and meniscus during her first game at Nationals in May. We got her into surgery 2 wks later. The Dr. used a cadaver so her healing process is progressing nicely. The Dr. has cleared her to start running in about 2 wks (3 mo. mark) right when soccer practice begins at her school but no contact and no cutting. She is bummed since she was looking forward to playing for her D3 school this fall but now will be redshirting. Dr said she should be ready to get back to practicing/training in November. The PT says she is ahead of schedule as far as her therapy goes and my DD hasn't complained of any pain and is feeling good. She is just excited that she will still be able to be part of the team although she won't be able to play this season.

Aloha, just saw this post and wanted to see how your athlete is doing since her surgery

Back